Patch 3.14.3 - Engine Improvements Patch

"
elcroata wrote:
where is this?

In the [GENERAL] section of the settings file, you can set cache_directory=x:\path\to\preferred\location to a folder on a faster drive.
Like before, you can cycle through the three Performance Metrics states (hidden, FPS/performance, latency-only) by pressing F1. In the settings file's [UI] section you can set performance_metrics_state=fps (or =latency or =hidden) to set the default state.

I didn't find it anywhere

Where is it?
"
UnidadeX wrote:
"
elcroata wrote:
where is this?

In the [GENERAL] section of the settings file, you can set cache_directory=x:\path\to\preferred\location to a folder on a faster drive.
Like before, you can cycle through the three Performance Metrics states (hidden, FPS/performance, latency-only) by pressing F1. In the settings file's [UI] section you can set performance_metrics_state=fps (or =latency or =hidden) to set the default state.

Where is it?

The settings file is in Users/<User Name>/Documents/My Games/Path of Exile, it's called production_Config.ini

In that file, you should find a [GENERAL] line, and somewhere below that the cache_directory= line. If that line isn't there, you can just add it, that's how ini files work. (Same goes for the performance_metrics_state= line under the [UI] line).
finally!
https://www.pathofexile.com/
Everything got worse.

I sure hope you'll fix this with a follow-up patch.

HOW are you always making things worse?!?!

Using RTX3070, i7 9700K, had stable 90+fps during Ultimatum and 120+ fps during normal mapping. Now I got heavy framedrops and worse FPS overall (~50 and lower).

[Removed by Support]
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jul 9, 2021, 7:01:40 PM
"
theKreol wrote:
so, you think i have to upgrade my RTX3070?
https://prnt.sc/19ac9p0

You are most likely seeing GPU utilization. Running demanding games should put it at close to 100% anyways.
Please update Geforce now snapshot.
Last edited by masterburger1 on Jul 9, 2021, 6:41:44 AM
right after patch hits, I opened the client it downloaded around 2.5GB update.
stuck at loading screen, never saw login screen. :(

some hours later (10h I think) I tried again, client downloaded another patch around 35MB (MB not GB) update.
game runs smoothly, the performance is actually way better. (1-5fps -> 20-30fps) :)

today (July 9th) opening PoE, it downloads around 35MB update (MB not GB).
stuck at loading screen, could not reach to login screen :(

Edit: also ran "PackCheck.exe Content.ggpk", no problem found.

Edit2: (July 11th) changing the renderer_type from DirectX11 to Vulkan solved the infinite gear spinning and now able to login;
in "production_Config.ini" file, under [DISPLAY], "renderer_type=Vulkan"

Edit3: (July 12th) another update under 40MB. login successful, selecting DirectX11 does not cause infinite gear spinning anymore. I will check performance later today
Last edited by selcuk on Jul 12, 2021, 6:27:16 AM
Game won't load for me after the update. Just spinning gears.
"
Bizzarrus wrote:
"
UnidadeX wrote:
"
elcroata wrote:
where is this?

Where is it?

The settings file is in Users/<User Name>/Documents/My Games/Path of Exile, it's called production_Config.ini

In that file, you should find a [GENERAL] line, and somewhere below that the cache_directory= line. If that line isn't there, you can just add it, that's how ini files work. (Same goes for the performance_metrics_state= line under the [UI] line).

TY TY TY
A "Engine Improvements Patch" all red alarm clocks are ringing..and yes before everything was great...now unplayabel!
Last edited by Truvalu on Jul 9, 2021, 7:40:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info