3.15 Livestream Announcements

"
Oblachko_O wrote:

This is true, there will be always some very strong guys, who can do everything pretty fast, but the problem is in focus on them, rather than casual players. If the problem is in 100m+ builds, just make them useless, it solve more problems then, then trying to make 50% damage reduction.

They do exaclty that. The nerf the multiplicators that make those builds possible.

"
Oblachko_O wrote:

Make cap damage,...

You say they destroyed the builds you play cause they nerf them but you suggest a damage cap? Where should they cap it? At 500k?

"
Oblachko_O wrote:

make proper strategies, where there will be no point to invest fully in damage...

There is no point to fully invest into damage besides the fact to avoid mechanics. Because, guess what, there are mechanics to all content in the game. So take your 500k build and clear the content. It does work.

"
Oblachko_O wrote:

50% of 100m is 50m which is pretty high, but 50% of 1m is 500k which is almost nothing.

500k is capable of doing all content in the game. I don't know for a fact for 3.15 but I doubt that changes.

if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"
ibims111 wrote:

They do exaclty that. The nerf the multiplicators that make those builds possible.

Reducing multiplicators for valid support gems doesn't increase frequency of using other gems, because balance is not working like that. You need improve unpopular supports mechanically or by modifiers so they may be considered as an option.

"
ibims111 wrote:

You say they destroyed the builds you play cause they nerf them but you suggest a damage cap? Where should they cap it? At 500k?

At the point where it is too fast. Cap to deal no more than 1-2m after all mitigations per one source of damage, it will be quite meaningful. 1-2m after all mitigations is quite high damage overall and still valid for a non-instant fight. If you deal the damage 3-4 times per second, bosses still be liquified less then in a half-minute, which is not good for insta, but not bad for a bit of a slow game play.

"
ibims111 wrote:

There is no point to fully invest into damage besides the fact to avoid mechanics. Because, guess what, there are mechanics to all content in the game. So take your 500k build and clear the content. It does work.

It not. I played with 1m ignite build and it doesn't do all content. Fighting with boss for couple of minutes may be fun for somebody, but in PoE fighting couple of minutes means that you don't any profit to make this fight at all.

"
ibims111 wrote:

500k is capable of doing all content in the game. I don't know for a fact for 3.15 but I doubt that changes.

You may be professional, but that doesn't mean that 500k is enough. Otherwise there will be many builds, which are saying that we are dealing 1-2m DPS before reductions and it is still low. Unless of course you want to do maps 20minutes with such a small profit.
"
Oblachko_O wrote:

"
ibims111 wrote:

It not. I played with 1m ignite build and it doesn't do all content. Fighting with boss for couple of minutes may be fun for somebody, but in PoE fighting couple of minutes means that you don't any profit to make this fight at all.

You are saying yourself that it is possible to do the content, but then you say its not. What the...?
Maybe it's not profitable to take 30 minutes to kill Sirus A9, but that has nothing to do with being able to kill Sirus.
Still, what will the endgame be? because nerfing damage still doesnt bring that back. make the game fun again please.
"
groink19 wrote:
"
Oblachko_O wrote:

"
ibims111 wrote:

You are saying yourself that it is possible to do the content, but then you say its not. What the...?
Maybe it's not profitable to take 30 minutes to kill Sirus A9, but that has nothing to do with being able to kill Sirus.

Where did I say that I did all content? With my build I had very tough times with 80% T15 delirium and still didn't fully clear it. Maven was not for me and Sirus A9 was not even tried. I described hypothetical situation where you are killing boss within long minutes and the longer the time, the more chances that you will die. There is no valid tactic (unless you are playing pretty heavy tank build with dozens of defense and recovery levels) which make you safe to do the content with decent defense and 500k of damage, especially for melee. In the PoE even time spent on killing the boss is a defense layer.
This is not the rework flasks need.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
i don't wanna play Path of Mechanics, Path of Revamp or whatever... see you in PoE 2 and Diablo 4 folks :*
"
Oblachko_O wrote:

Where did I say that I did all content? With my build I had very tough times with 80% T15 delirium and still didn't fully clear it. Maven was not for me and Sirus A9 was not even tried. I described hypothetical situation where you are killing boss within long minutes and the longer the time, the more chances that you will die. There is no valid tactic (unless you are playing pretty heavy tank build with dozens of defense and recovery levels) which make you safe to do the content with decent defense and 500k of damage, especially for melee. In the PoE even time spent on killing the boss is a defense layer.

Lets put it that way.

Mapping can be done in so many different ways and you can stack up lots of mechanics on a single map. So, 80% delirious maps on a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is a white map and 10 is fully juiced I never had a build that could handle a 5. But that was not my goal.

If your goal is to boss, make a bosser, if your goal is to map, make a mapper. That easy. Every boss has a mechanic you can learn and dodge. But achieving every boss kill, 100% delirious maps, 5k delving and 2 min lab runs with one build wont happen, and for sure not casually.

PoE intentionally is made in a way where effort results in achievements and/or loot. So, what you are asking for is not possible. You have pretty fast mapper to make currency with your 1mio ignite build. I had lots of fun with mine (I started with RF and turned it into a Fire Burst later). Shame those clusters were that expensive due to the Ignite meta (hope it died).
But I was aware of the weaknesses.

if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Last edited by ibims111 on Jul 19, 2021, 2:19:42 PM
"
Trihnicus wrote:
I just watched the two hour live stream. And I hated pretty much everything that was said. "You know those guys who hit maps an hour after the patch launches?" Yeah I know those guys. I will never be one. "well we are balancing the game around them" Oh... what? No... This... I hate every second of this.

I couldn't agree more. I was really excited to watch the stream and now I don't know if I'll play PoE again after watching the whole depressing thing. I hate this every second of this, yep. What I don't understand is why GGG caters so hard to the 1% and not the rest of their playerbase. We already get frustrated when they hit end game as we're getting our Tabula. But just because they speed through it and have full parties and people feeding them gear, why punish the rest of us? If you want to edge out all your playerbase who have lives (or families) outside of PoE, I guess you will do what you want.

And before anyone says "YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY!" - I know this full well. I am just a huge fan of the game (or used to be) who has been consistently disappointed lately and was hoping for more. I do choose not to play when a league is kicking my ass or I just don't have time to progress properly - both of which seem like they will be the case from this point on. Sorry, I have a job (it isn't streaming) and I have to choose what I do with my leisure time carefully. I have spent a lot of money on your game, like so many casual players, and would like the chance to progress and not get blocked from content because I'm not "fully committed" in the eyes of your company. Do realize who your company's backers are/were, we are the general public not just your priority streamers and content creators. Average Joe and Jane do deserve the chance to succeed without an elaborate network of "gear feeders" or traders working for us, and without the expectation of being logged in all day every day for months.

Being told that the end-game content is not for all during the stream was fairly upsetting. It would also be nice if you took accountability for your mistakes over the years instead of casting it onto the playerbase. If a flaw in design is causing players to do X behavior - you are the guys who designed it so please take responsibility and don't make jokes out of your player's response to the changes and systems you've implemented throughout the years. I hate the word "cringe" but I'm going to use it because there is no better word for what I felt while watching - I cringed IRL multiple times during your livestream and namely for two reasons that kept coming up.

One, because of the lack of accountability you were taking when it came to flaws in your own game and the way you cast blame on players for their use of systems you created. Your entire delivery is given in a way that says "you guys made this a problem" not "woops, we made this a problem without realizing it". Admit when you messed up and don't try to blame anyone else, thanks. Especially when the "troublemakers" are the only people you are catering to these days.

Two, your planned gatekeeping of endgame content. Great, now only the players that you are specifically complaining about so vocally in your livestream's talk/speech/rambling-manifesto will be the ones accessing the end game. Casual player be damned. I've played through the Acts so many times, why would I start a new league just to play through the Acts and some Maps then get stuck because I have a life outside of PoE?

I hated every second of this. I really think you can do better. I am starting to wonder if you even play your own game anymore.
Veritania: When was the last time you saw the sun, Exile? The true sun.

Me, if I actually want to succeed at all in any given PoE League:
"
LizzyInATizzy wrote:
"
Trihnicus wrote:
I just watched the two hour live stream. And I hated pretty much everything that was said. "You know those guys who hit maps an hour after the patch launches?" Yeah I know those guys. I will never be one. "well we are balancing the game around them" Oh... what? No... This... I hate every second of this.

I couldn't agree more. I was really excited to watch the stream and now I don't know if I'll play PoE again after watching the whole depressing thing. I hate this every second of this, yep. What I don't understand is why GGG caters so hard to the 1% and not the rest of their playerbase. We already get frustrated when they hit end game as we're getting our Tabula. But just because they speed through it and have full parties and people feeding them gear, why punish the rest of us? If you want to edge out all your playerbase who have lives (or families) outside of PoE, I guess you will do what you want.

And before anyone says "YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY!" - I know this full well. I am just a huge fan of the game (or used to be) who has been consistently disappointed lately and was hoping for more. I do choose not to play when a league is kicking my ass or I just don't have time to progress properly - both of which seem like they will be the case from this point on. Sorry, I have a job (it isn't streaming) and I have to choose what I do with my leisure time carefully. I have spent a lot of money on your game, like so many casual players, and would like the chance to progress and not get blocked from content because I'm not "fully committed" in the eyes of your company. Do realize who your company's backers are/were, we are the general public not just your priority streamers and content creators. Average Joe and Jane do deserve the chance to succeed without an elaborate network of "gear feeders" or traders working for us, and without the expectation of being logged in all day every day for months.

Being told that the end-game content is not for all during the stream was fairly upsetting. It would also be nice if you took accountability for your mistakes over the years instead of casting it onto the playerbase. If a flaw in design is causing players to do X behavior - you are the guys who designed it so please take responsibility and don't make jokes out of your player's response to the changes and systems you've implemented throughout the years. I hate the word "cringe" but I'm going to use it because there is no better word for what I felt while watching - I cringed IRL multiple times during your livestream and namely for two reasons that kept coming up.

One, because of the lack of accountability you were taking when it came to flaws in your own game and the way you cast blame on players for their use of systems you created. Your entire delivery is given in a way that says "you guys made this a problem" not "woops, we made this a problem without realizing it". Admit when you messed up and don't try to blame anyone else, thanks. Especially when the "troublemakers" are the only people you are catering to these days.

Two, your planned gatekeeping of endgame content. Great, now only the players that you are specifically complaining about so vocally in your livestream's talk/speech/rambling-manifesto will be the ones accessing the end game. Casual player be damned. I've played through the Acts so many times, why would I start a new league just to play through the Acts and some Maps then get stuck because I have a life outside of PoE?

I hated every second of this. I really think you can do better. I am starting to wonder if you even play your own game anymore.

Totally agree, really nice speech here!

Atm I'm trying to CONVINCE myself to give 3.15 a shot - and the main question is - why should I try this torture again( 3.14 says hi ) instead of having FUN in other games...
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info