3.15 Livestream Announcements

This has been said before by many others, but I just wanted to add another voice in the hopes it changes something, because I love this game.

The reason I quit Ultimatum early was not because it was too rewarding or too easy, it was too grindy.

I played the shit out of Ritual almost until the end of the league because I loved being able to do a proper build with insane items. Once I finished one I felt like trying out a new one.

In Ultimatum I had to grind for a week to finish one item and it felt horrible, that's why I quit.
Huge Announcement! I like the changes and especially the new skills! A great league to try out a new class and main skill.
Everyone crying because the game is getting harder LOL !!
Hyped AF was waiting for nerfing everything by a shitton, its not fun to reach lvl 85, buy gear for 5 ex and clear full content
"
KellogZ wrote:
This has been said before by many others, but I just wanted to add another voice in the hopes it changes something, because I love this game.

The reason I quit Ultimatum early was not because it was too rewarding or too easy, it was too grindy.

I played the shit out of Ritual almost until the end of the league because I loved being able to do a proper build with insane items. Once I finished one I felt like trying out a new one.

In Ultimatum I had to grind for a week to finish one item and it felt horrible, that's why I quit.

This is how I feel too. I quit Ultimatum early too, I am a player with life responsibilities and play a lot of sport. Despite that I usually get one or two characters to 95-98 (once got 100) and play a few characters per league. I just found that Ultimatum was hard to progress with and lost interest and stopped playing after 3 weeks (I think it was 3). I didn't even buy anything from the store like I usually do to thank the Devs.

I usually play 8-10 weeks of each league. Slowing progress will more than likely make me play less not longer.
The irony of nerfing damage supports in order to make people use more of the "interesting" support gems is that people are going to be scrambling to use more damage support gems to compensate for their lost damage.

How is this not obvious?
The crafting system is the biggest rubbish there is.

Anyway - just put in 2 new orbs and the idiots will be satisfied

The performance gets worse and worse from season to season

No matter! - Just knock out some new gems, the idiots are already satisfied.

The main thing is that the streamers can come in first.

GGG you are doing everything right to lose players :)

You won't earn any money with 10k hardcore gamers, the Chinese won't help either.
Props to GGG for making such an unpopular yet necessary for game health decision. I started playing in 2013 and stopped about 2 years ago exactly because of constant power creep making game faster and easier. It got too boring. Might give it another shot after the changes are applied.
Last edited by Kravt on Jul 18, 2021, 1:15:30 PM
... well... I admit that I am concerned but let‘s wait for the balancing manifesto and test how the game is played in 3.15.
If you take every aspect of the game into consideration you get the feeling that they have different teams working on the same game in separate rooms with tout knowing what the other team is doing.

Let's nerf flasks - ok good idea. BUT since GGG haven't played their game for a decade (Quote: "When we initially balanced flask charge generation a decade ago we did not anticipate the levels of monster density we would reach by 2021" which basically means "we haven't played our own game for a decade and had no f*cking idea that monster density now is different than monster density 10 years ago. So releasing 29 Leagues with more and more stuff will change your monster density and f*cks up your initial balancing?! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!?!?!?!) the skills and overall game content is balanced around having 100% uptime of flasks.

So it's really a very very VERY poor display of professionality GGG claims to have. GGG don't gives a flying F about their own game as long as the 0.1% of top tier supporters are supporting them with infinite cash flow.

It's really frustrating because it seems Team A KNOWS what they are doing and trying to make things more fun while Team B only sees $$$ and f*cks up everything. [Removed by Support]

Change my mind.
Last edited by Matthew_GGG on Jul 18, 2021, 2:42:06 PM
"
Hoya63 wrote:
So the dirty little secret is that people can buy exalted orbs and other stuff from third parties. This means they can outfit themselves with the “latest and greatest” for a price. They move up fast with powerful builds. The designers appear to try to make the game more difficult as these characters destroy the content.

This is the problem D2 faced and a major reason there is no trading in D3, except for very limited exceptions.

I like trading and consider it part of the game.Use it if you like or not.

While I can easily afford to buy exalted orbs etc from third parties, I don’t. I mean what’s the point.

If the designers are structuring the game so that only the “top” players can succeed, then the rest of us are frustrated. I play more than the average player (retired) have gotten a character to level 98. Have never found a headhunter or seen a mirror.

The major reason I left D3 a couple of years ago was the continual nerfs. I don’t understand this mentality on the part of the designers. You build a character, advance it, invest time, and boom they blow it up with a nerf bomb. They say they don’t want to make the monsters more powerful so they nerf the builds. This is just a semantic difference.

Yes, some things need to be redesigned. I never knew (or thought of ) a method for smashing multiple potions at once. Clever, but not in the spirit of the game.

It’s hard to be specific until we see the patch notes; however, when the developer talks about major nerfs, making the acts harder, and power creep I believe major nerfs are coming.

If average players like me can’t enjoy the game and have fun, which is what it’s all about, why play. There are too many other opportunities to use your time for enjoyment.

This is so damn wrong in so many ways. If a game to you is only fun when you can "have it all" for literally no invest (is it time, knowledge or whatever but for sure not rmt) then maybe you should not game at all?

D3 is the worst example to compare with PoE, the only thing these games share is that you kill for loot. Thats it. And if anything did not happen in D3 then Nerfs. You get your set for free at 5 hours into the season. What is wrong with you? how can that be fun or engaging? Stop bringing up D3.

PoE Nerfs are totally different than those in D3 and are intentionally to fix the system. If you have for example 100 skills but the numbers show that 3 of them are "meta" than something is wrong. And simply buffing the shit out of 97 gems does not fix anything.

I like the fact that they nerf the meta, especially the support gems, because I assume that there will be lots of new combinations with skill gems that are now viable with also other now viable support choices that were not taken before because the "meta" told you what you have to pick, most of the times even before the manifesto was even out.

For some reason everyone seems entitled to call out nerfs as the worst thing ever happened to PoE and all of a sudden the majority of whiners are pre alpha supporter, beta players and whatnot and will quit due to too many nerfs.

It is the same bullshit every league. PoE wont die, the Nerfs wont matter 3 weeks into the league, a new meta will arise and in 3.17 no-one will talk about Flask Nerfs.

There will be headhunters, there will be <1min map clears, there will be early boss kills, deep delvers and there will be some kind of build that lets you facerole the game.

It was like that every league.

You should accept the fact, that maybe not every league is for you. Its fine. There are others that feel different and they might get a pack, buy maybe one or even two mtx and compensate your absence. Dont worry.
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info