3.15 Livestream Announcements

"
ibims111 wrote:

Maybe you just have to grow up a bit more to actually understand that just as in real life, the effort you put in equals the stuff you get out of it.
[Removed by Support]

What is wrong with addicted nerds? Am I not allowed to say that? Did I offend someone? Is it discriminating?

Isnt the fact that those players exist and spend their money the exact reason that you have a job?

"
Bryde wrote:

Relatively sure that in real life, if someone constantly pulled the rug away below your feet, you'd not have it.

Well, it is a game. You decide what is the best value for your time. If PoE is not, don´t play. But I would never compare the progress in a game with my real life. As someone who had 5 WoW accounts and multiboxed starting with BC I know what an addicted nerd is and I know how to value my time today. If a league is not for me I say it and quit. Easy as that. That is honest and expected behavior. But bringing up comparisons where there is nothing in common and complaining about requirements for achievements is dump in my opinion.
Have you ever found out what GGG means?

"
Bryde wrote:

Also, no one argues that you "shouldn't have to play the game to finish it", people argue that you can fix the system in other ways than "pulling the rug".

What do you mean with "pulling the rug"? It is not like as if you have to fight the mobs without any weapon. Wait, maybe there is - but then you chose it. So, the "rug" is, whatever lets you stay in your comfort zone.

"
Bryde wrote:

If they want to see a more diverse portfolio of builds, they should focus on making experimenting more rewarding instead of punishing people for "not experimenting the way they want"

Lets assume there are 100 skill gems and 300 support gems which will lead to an insane number of possible combinations even with specific incompatibilities. But, for some reason, each league someone tells you which skills to combine with which support gems so that put out the most dmg possible. And you go for it.

No one hinders you to do your thing, take any skill gem, use any support gems you like and there is your experiment.

It is not that you do not have the chance to do it. You want to feel as if you have the chance so that you can play the meta as the last few leagues. You do not want to do your thing, you want to be seen in a guide with a comment, you want to do the most dmg possible and you want to be a meta slave.
If not, do your experiment and deal with it if you are not top 10 in dmg. That is intentional then. You can either have "your thing" or "the thing". Only very few people have those two things combined.

"
Cosmonaut111 wrote:

If you dont like it go play D2 remastered and farm Baal 2000 times for 1 drop rather than enjoying the best and fully fleshed out endgame any ARPG on the market can currently offer

This!
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"
xXx_1 wrote:
"
Saimon64 wrote:
Do you seriously think that having broken, nerfed and slowed down all the players will endure and suffer for 3 months to pump out their builds ?? haha, do you really think so ?? lol? It would be very foolish and presumptuous to think so. Players will drop out of the league even earlier than the last. Apparently the experience of the Ultimatum nerfs taught you nothing. Well, that's a shame.

GGG like
Let us sell support packages and leave us alone

You see, GGG is not like most politicians today. They do not plan for the next couple of months, they are setting the course for the future of PoE - PoE 2.
you act like nerfs are intentionally to make your single game experience bad. If all is nerfed, does the nerfs even matter?
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
I'm glad they are nerfing skills, builds, flasks whatever... people that know how to play the game will be able to do whatever in the game, kill all bosses, do all content, maybe a bit slower than before but they will do it - 1% in a few days, 5% in 2 weeks and maybe 20% in 1 month and the rest will probably never get to this stage or get there very late in the league.

So, you have a good build, you finished the atlas, defeated the bosses what's next... there is no more fractured delirium maps, deep delve is pointless, Sirus farm is not worth it, Maven farm the same, atlas zone farming is kinda boring as you are playing maps and you need to roll watchstones and roll sexants etc etc etc, Heist is not so rewarding any more, and also boring,

What's the ultimate challenge in the game, that repetitive, very difficult content that you can do after you finished everything else, that's also rewarding, fun and proffitable? - and I highly doubt it will be the league mechanic.

Cause the nerf everything, kill all builds, make acts harder seems to be an atempt to slow down progress so you don't finish the content and realize there is nothing else to do in the game.
"
ibims111 wrote:
"
Hoya63 wrote:
So the dirty little secret is that people can buy exalted orbs and other stuff from third parties. This means they can outfit themselves with the “latest and greatest” for a price. They move up fast with powerful builds. The designers appear to try to make the game more difficult as these characters destroy the content.

This is the problem D2 faced and a major reason there is no trading in D3, except for very limited exceptions.

I like trading and consider it part of the game.Use it if you like or not.

While I can easily afford to buy exalted orbs etc from third parties, I don’t. I mean what’s the point.

If the designers are structuring the game so that only the “top” players can succeed, then the rest of us are frustrated. I play more than the average player (retired) have gotten a character to level 98. Have never found a headhunter or seen a mirror.

The major reason I left D3 a couple of years ago was the continual nerfs. I don’t understand this mentality on the part of the designers. You build a character, advance it, invest time, and boom they blow it up with a nerf bomb. They say they don’t want to make the monsters more powerful so they nerf the builds. This is just a semantic difference.

Yes, some things need to be redesigned. I never knew (or thought of ) a method for smashing multiple potions at once. Clever, but not in the spirit of the game.

It’s hard to be specific until we see the patch notes; however, when the developer talks about major nerfs, making the acts harder, and power creep I believe major nerfs are coming.

If average players like me can’t enjoy the game and have fun, which is what it’s all about, why play. There are too many other opportunities to use your time for enjoyment.

This is so damn wrong in so many ways. If a game to you is only fun when you can "have it all" for literally no invest (is it time, knowledge or whatever but for sure not rmt) then maybe you should not game at all?

D3 is the worst example to compare with PoE, the only thing these games share is that you kill for loot. Thats it. And if anything did not happen in D3 then Nerfs. You get your set for free at 5 hours into the season. What is wrong with you? how can that be fun or engaging? Stop bringing up D3.

PoE Nerfs are totally different than those in D3 and are intentionally to fix the system. If you have for example 100 skills but the numbers show that 3 of them are "meta" than something is wrong. And simply buffing the shit out of 97 gems does not fix anything.

I like the fact that they nerf the meta, especially the support gems, because I assume that there will be lots of new combinations with skill gems that are now viable with also other now viable support choices that were not taken before because the "meta" told you what you have to pick, most of the times even before the manifesto was even out.

For some reason everyone seems entitled to call out nerfs as the worst thing ever happened to PoE and all of a sudden the majority of whiners are pre alpha supporter, beta players and whatnot and will quit due to too many nerfs.

It is the same bullshit every league. PoE wont die, the Nerfs wont matter 3 weeks into the league, a new meta will arise and in 3.17 no-one will talk about Flask Nerfs.

There will be headhunters, there will be <1min map clears, there will be early boss kills, deep delvers and there will be some kind of build that lets you facerole the game.

It was like that every league.

You should accept the fact, that maybe not every league is for you. Its fine. There are others that feel different and they might get a pack, buy maybe one or even two mtx and compensate your absence. Dont worry.

Thanks dude for your ad hominem feedback. I tend to agree with a lot of what you said.

Yes maybe I shouldn’t game at all. If only you’d been around to give me free advice before I spent all those hours gaming. Too little too late.

Yes and your right. D3 is the worst example to use. Originally I was going to use Mario Brothers or Tetris but somehow went astray and used D3–the worst, even worse than Zork.

What is wrong with me ? I don’t know, but thanks for asking. I do have kidney stones, Could that be it ?

“For some reason everyone”: Everyone is the key word here. One of those rare cases that everyone is wrong. Don’t you hate it when everyone gives their opinion. Memo to GGG, please close all forums to everyone but one person—you know who.

I’ve accepted the fact that every league is not for me. I’ve skipped a couple. Good advice. (cf Allie Sherman song)

So thanks for taking your time away from the game and pointing all this out to me, especially your assumptions.

Happy gaming Exile !

I'm sooo glad I played during 3.13 - it was such a brilliant league

As for 3.14 - 3.15 I have a feeling that GGG is just trying to force out average Joe's out of the game. Nerf everything, make it very slow, boring and unrewarding, omg hardcore? Who would even wanna play it? Your precious streamers and 0.1%? You may have them, but 99% of casuals gonna sink into the ground.

You want to revert powercreep to the level of year 2010? Then enjoy your player numbers and cash income as in year of 2010.

We want game to be FUN, we want game to be REWARDING, we want to see progress in power without endless braindead grind. All your focus on gambling and hardcore in recent 2 leagues just makes me wanna uninstall forever.

And no, I'm not gonna play the league for 3 months if you make me to farm 2 weeks nonstop just to get a tabula...
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Last edited by Anngrat on Jul 18, 2021, 4:59:00 PM
I just watched the two hour live stream. And I hated pretty much everything that was said. "You know those guys who hit maps an hour after the patch launches?" Yeah I know those guys. I will never be one. "well we are balancing the game around them" Oh... what? No... This... I hate every second of this.
"
Anngrat wrote:
I'm sooo glad I played during 3.13 - it was such a brilliant league

Yeah dude, I think so too.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Thanks god blizzard made a season same day as you guys, cuz i took vacation for some good play, but this changes u guys made, are just disgusting even for me who played this game for a long time. peace and hope u guys fall.
I am very excited about these changes.

I noticed last league and this league you went out of your way to make sure it will work with a party. I plan to make a "paladin" build next league that will have party based auras and stuff to help survive new league. I want this game to thrive in that direction, since it was missing in past leagues made for solo play.

The number of new builds/damage scaling is incredible. Very exciting. I can't wait to see how far Juggernaut can push the damage without dying on softcore. Also with the new warcry attackers can scale spell damage with indigon which is sweet.

I like how you are trying to make things more active by putting a lot of the character's power in builds with more than 1 button. Warcries, banners and actively placed defense shield type skills come to mind. Also focus. The most power creep probably exists in builds 95% of players don't play cause they want the easy builds with 1-2 buttons.

I personally don't like a 1-2 buttons/skills destroy everything in the game kind of builds now that I have done more active builds and gotten used to them. I hope GGG keeps putting the power creep in builds that require thought and strategy and nerfing the 1-2 button builds so that the game requires a brain.

As for the immune enemies, Since you can see them spawning ahead of time, you can swap gear and then just pown them. If you can't scale multiple damage types play with a friend or don't spawn the enemies immune to your damage. I don't see why damage immune is such a big deal to people when you can see it coming and choose not to spawn it. For player's who already use defensive gear swaps for hard bosses (knowing damage types of hard bosses helps a lot) this adds more strategy to the game. Flexible builds in damage scaling now have more benefit and it rewards smart play over mindless killing like diablo 3.
"
ibims111 wrote:

I like the fact that they nerf the meta, especially the support gems, because I assume that there will be lots of new combinations with skill gems that are now viable with also other now viable support choices that were not taken before because the "meta" told you what you have to pick, most of the times even before the manifesto was even out.

While it is not really wrong, the solution is not really right. If you want to shake meta, why not to change balance ONLY for skills? They reduce big numbers from damage, while on the other hand buff mobs again and again reduce balance for flasks. There is no profit to receive only nerfs, it is not balancing things. If we look on nerfs performed in Ulti and which will be done now, that means, that game in a such state, where it is absolutely unbalanced overall. But the biggest problem, that nerfs should target meta skills, while they affect builds, which may be interesting and fun. The only problem with fun builds - they are week. They were partially week but solvable in Ritual, in Ulti a big chunk of fun builds died and now it will be mostly around meta builds or fun builds with 300+ex price. Yeah, that is what most players definitely "want".

"
ibims111 wrote:

It is the same bullshit every league. PoE wont die, the Nerfs wont matter 3 weeks into the league, a new meta will arise and in 3.17 no-one will talk about Flask Nerfs.

Yeah, the game will focus on 10-15h per day streamers\nerds, so will die anyway. Casual players cannot invest more time, from the other side, there is no full market of players, who will agree to work in the game. Because of that, casual players will leave the game, so they will not have any reason to see most streamers -> streamers will leave the game because it makes no profit -> only hardcore nerds will be in game, but they are not providing big profit.

"
ibims111 wrote:

There will be headhunters, there will be <1min map clears, there will be early boss kills, deep delvers and there will be some kind of build that lets you facerole the game.

It was like that every league.

This is true, there will be always some very strong guys, who can do everything pretty fast, but the problem is in focus on them, rather than casual players. If the problem is in 100m+ builds, just make them useless, it solve more problems then, then trying to make 50% damage reduction. Make cap damage, make proper strategies, where there will be no point to invest fully in damage, where huge investment will give like 1% additional damage - do something around high cap. 50% of 100m is 50m which is pretty high, but 50% of 1m is 500k which is almost nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info