New Microtransactions: Void Emperor Cremation, Blade Blast and Bladefall Effects

"
typhn wrote:
"
vio wrote:


i'm always progressing, i always reach red maps and guardians but never killed sirus. i lack the time and my builds were undergeared because you need playtime to trade alot.

i mostly play one build per league.



Thank you, that prove my point even more. If you switch builds between leagues regardless of nerfs, why insist on ruin fun for others?

btw I never killed sirius myself, been so close last patch...


it's 2 different topics: ggg's "balance shifts" and the max point of progression you got in a league.

for the balance shifts, i think they're needed:

1) so people are forced to play other builds to keep the game interesting for them, which is kind of a enforced challenge, but eventually, balance shifts mostly hit the overpowered builds, if you wanna play something consistently bad just choose some weaker skills like essence drain which don't get nerfed much.


2) enable their advertisement department (streamers) to announce new builds to try and provide complete PoB setups


age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill
"
vio wrote:
"
typhn wrote:
"
vio wrote:


i'm always progressing, i always reach red maps and guardians but never killed sirus. i lack the time and my builds were undergeared because you need playtime to trade alot.

i mostly play one build per league.



Thank you, that prove my point even more. If you switch builds between leagues regardless of nerfs, why insist on ruin fun for others?

btw I never killed sirius myself, been so close last patch...


it's 2 different topics: ggg's "balance shifts" and the max point of progression you got in a league.

for the balance shifts, i think they're needed:

1) so people are forced to play other builds to keep the game interesting for them, which is kind of a enforced challenge, but eventually, balance shifts mostly hit the overpowered builds, if you wanna play something consistently bad just choose some weaker skills like essence drain which don't get nerfed much.


2) enable their advertisement department (streamers) to announce new builds to try and provide complete PoB setups




key word "forced". If things are interesting, there should be no need to force anyone.
And there are no such thing as overpowered builds in pve oriented arpg, because no matter how powerful your builds are its not affecting my gameplay, no need to nerf your fun.
Also why anyone would choose "weak" build? They may be (and in many cases was) nerf anyway?

That all sound like madness.
Good luck!
Last edited by typhn on Jul 27, 2021, 11:40:43 AM
Me like, me buy.

Screw the hatred here <3
"
typhn wrote:

And there are no such thing as overpowered builds in pve oriented arpg, because no matter how powerful your builds are its not affecting my gameplay, no need to nerf your fun.


i understood chris' statement of "players having stopped playing the last league early because endgame has been too rewarding" in a way that "overpowered speed clearer builds made so much whealth that they inflated item prices so that average players stopped cause they couldn't afford key items them anymore".

means, since most players grind the game to be able to achieve their items, the access to endgame (map drop rate/price) paired with the amount of endgame speed clearers and currency drop rates are a important factor cause they define the item prices.

item price too high => players quit
item prices too low => more players grind endgame and further inflate the economy and item prices.

the optimal point is somewhere in the middle.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill
Last edited by vio on Jul 27, 2021, 1:04:06 PM
GGG, with all the respect I have for you, but this sounds like a joke.
Last edited by rrbterry on Jul 27, 2021, 1:33:19 PM
"
vio wrote:
"
typhn wrote:

And there are no such thing as overpowered builds in pve oriented arpg, because no matter how powerful your builds are its not affecting my gameplay, no need to nerf your fun.


i understood chris' statement of "players having stopped playing the last league early because endgame has been too rewarding" in a way that "overpowered speed clearer builds made so much whealth that they inflated item prices so that average players stopped cause they couldn't afford key items them anymore".

means, since most players grind the game to be able to achieve their items, the access to endgame (map drop rate/price) paired with the amount of endgame speed clearers and currency drop rates are a important factor cause they define the item prices.

item price too high => players quit
item prices too low => more players grind endgame and further inflate the economy and item prices.

the optimal point is somewhere in the middle.



As far as i know stats from steam only few % of player base is able to reach endgame. And this league player base start at 116k, drop to 66k peak today. Almost half player base already gone.

My theory is that reaction to nerfs, not addressing some life qualify issues, unfair game mechanics like random unavoidable one shot deaths, etc. Are far more contribution to players quitting game than economy issues.

Edit: to clarify what i understand by unfair: Human average reaction time is 0.25s, double it because of server delay. So anything below 0.5s clear visual cue and one shot you is imo unfair.

Good luck!
Last edited by typhn on Jul 27, 2021, 2:27:16 PM
Getting some mystery boxes instead. Still looking for that sweet Sweep skill MTX.
WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

Shows just how out of touch with reality GGG has gone.......
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps Tencent should consider a leadership change.
"
vio wrote:
"
typhn wrote:

And there are no such thing as overpowered builds in pve oriented arpg, because no matter how powerful your builds are its not affecting my gameplay, no need to nerf your fun.


i understood chris' statement of "players having stopped playing the last league early because endgame has been too rewarding" in a way that "overpowered speed clearer builds made so much whealth that they inflated item prices so that average players stopped cause they couldn't afford key items them anymore".

means, since most players grind the game to be able to achieve their items, the access to endgame (map drop rate/price) paired with the amount of endgame speed clearers and currency drop rates are a important factor cause they define the item prices.

item price too high => players quit
item prices too low => more players grind endgame and further inflate the economy and item prices.

the optimal point is somewhere in the middle.



I don't agree that the reason is because the endgame was too rewarding.

I played 3 build last league, I got to Sirus A4 before giving up because I have OTHER games I also play.

I got a a total of 1 Exalted to drop in all of that btw.

I managed to make my currency by rolling 6 links and selling them.
"
Smacky007 wrote:

I don't agree that the reason is because the endgame was too rewarding.

I played 3 build last league, I got to Sirus A4 before giving up because I have OTHER games I also play.

I got a a total of 1 Exalted to drop in all of that btw.

I managed to make my currency by rolling 6 links and selling them.


Yes, there are streamers that claim 10exa/h build and farms method. But those are just exception. Most players dont experience such endgame. And even if some of us do, there were endless possibilities for builds to try out. For it was potential for years of gameplay experience.

But still, personally its extreme nerfs and destroying build diversity by "balancing" made me stop playing, not end game economy.
Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info