Massive CPU LAG spikes. Please help.

- System spec https://pastebin.com/sZJbq6GS

I have tried changing all the in game settings. Every single one.

My CPU % on task manager is only taking up 17% of its capability. Whole systems only usign like 45% with everything running.
Only reason I figured its CPU MS is because the in game bar tracker says it spikes from 20 - 2/3k and this is when i freeze.

Randomly my CPU MS will rocket to 200-2000 and freeze my whole game.
My latency remains the same and my gpu MS doesnt really move.

Is my CPU trying to do all the rendering or something?
Its not my Latency I dont have any packet loss.

This happened for the first time last season and hasnt been fixed since. Every other seasons been fine. Every other game is fine. Its just POE
Ive tried vulanc & direct 11

Please help?

Ive also tried running the game on 1/2/3/4 cores. Using the setting in game to only run on 1 core, lowering all settings. Something in POE only is causing ridiculous size spikes in CPU MS( tracked with the in gamer graph)

I have changed servers, ran my GPU at its highest settings for POE. Fiddled with every ingame setting on/off to.
Last edited by AnxiousPanda on Jul 27, 2021, 6:37:57 PM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2024, 1:23:00 AM
Hi,

If you want some help, you need to post your full system specs or a dxdiag like explained here :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081057

If you have a 4 cores cpu :
1. Cap your framerate to 60 (or use vsync) to have some headroom for heavy situations.
2. Activate dynamic culling (if you lag when there's a ton of effects on screen).
3. Activate dynamic resolution (but it should be more if your gpu is hammered).

You can also lower "shadow + GI quality" and "number of lights"
Last edited by MrVaad on Jul 27, 2021, 6:37:24 PM
Hi

https://pastebin.com/sZJbq6GS

I have tried changing all the in game settings.

My CPU % on task manager is only taking up 17% of its capability. Whole systems only usign like 45% with everything running.
Only reason I figured its CPU MS is because the in game bar tracker says it spikes from 20 - 2/3k and this is when i freeze.
Last edited by AnxiousPanda on Jul 27, 2021, 6:36:56 PM
POE is installed on the SSD ?
You're running with textures on medium ? (else you could run out of video memory with a 1060 3GB, and cause cpu spikes).
Last edited by MrVaad on Jul 27, 2021, 6:45:33 PM
Im running at 60FPS if it ran out of memory it would run at 1FPS no?
POE is installed on my SSD
Yes ive tried EVERY setting on low. The game ran amazingly 2leagues ago :(
Last edited by AnxiousPanda on Jul 27, 2021, 6:48:03 PM
running out of video memory, you could either crash or have freezes/slowdowns/stutters.

I think GGG disabled the HIGH option on vulkan if you don't have enough VRAM (else the game crashes).

If you use the task manager, activate the graph display per core (righ click the cpu graph, select "modify graph" then "logical processor").
To check if one of your core is maxed.
Last edited by MrVaad on Jul 27, 2021, 6:52:46 PM
Took a further look, ill be playing fine lag free, then randomly CPU MS (in game graph my task manager shows its only using 15% of my CPU still) sky rockets and my FPS drops to 0
"
MrVaad wrote:
running out of video memory, you could either crash or have freezes/slowdowns/stutters.

I think GGG disabled the HIGH option on vulkan if you don't have enough VRAM (else the game crashes).

If you use the task manager, activate the graph display per core (righ click the cpu graph, select "modify graph" then "logical processor").
To check if one of your core is maxed.

All the cores seem balanced and in total its all 45% useage when i play POE with things open
Do you see a spike in the shader line when you have those problems ?

You can try to empty the shader cache (and minimap cache while you're at it). You'll get some slowdowns until the cache is rebuilt.

And check the cpu usage per core like i explained in my previous post.
Last edited by MrVaad on Jul 27, 2021, 7:09:50 PM
Hey -

Ive checked and its spready the load evenly between all the cores.

I only just logged back in on a completely fresh install so think I won't need to delete the caches?

I also tried this at elague start and it changed nothing ;(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info