i5-4690k
gtx 1060 6gb vram
16gb ram
windows 10
"
loldatgame wrote:
"
MrVaad wrote:
Do you see a spike in the shader line when you have those problems ?

You can try to empty the shader cache (and minimap cache while you're at it). You'll get some slowdowns until the cache is rebuilt.

And check the cpu usage per core like i explained in my previous post.

how can you empty shader cahce and minimap cache?

You can erase the following folder's content (type this in the explorer's address bar):
%appdata%\pathofexile

%appdata% will be automatically replaced by windows and should correspond to something like c:\users\[your windows account]\roaming

Don't do this too often as it contains the minimap cache and the shader cache. You will probably have some stutters until the cache is big enough again.
Last edited by MrVaad on Feb 20, 2022, 6:26:52 AM
Same issue here, Ryzen 3600. From late December up until now the performance got WAY worse. Something definitely changed regarding CPU usage.
dead Engine for 2022. Multithreading works incorrect, Just Disable All Virtual cores in THIS GAME. And wait when they fix it here
complex solutions 1 or 2:
1. Disable multithreading in BIOS - worst solution
2. Task Manager - Details - PoE.EXE - Affinities - disable all second cores
2.1 After reboot PC repeat step 2.

anyway u get 50% less CPU perfomance
I have 3770k. Now its 10ms+ not 40ms+ with spikes. But still bad -(

Last edited by KoTLIIpeguHrePa on Feb 23, 2022, 3:14:42 PM
Strangely, never had this problem on my machine while running Win7 but just did a fresh install of Win10 today, reinstalled POE, and found the CPU MS jumping every few seconds and causing stuttering.

i7-2600k
Radeon RX 570 4GB
8GB RAM
Win10 Home 64-bit
240GB SSD

Setting engine multithreading to Disabled did resolve the stuttering but overall performance is now much slower.
Hi,

I played for years to PoE on Linux (Wine + patched DXVK). The game runs perfectly last year. I made a break for about 6 months and now I update my game, create a new character and I got exact same issues as you guys.

Cpu is about 9 ms and then explode to 300 to 1000 ms when I fire an arrow... FPS is smooth, no issue with shaders only CPU.

So it's not related to Windows or your PC, it's a pure game issue.

I check CPU usage and it seems quite balanced.

I strongly think there is something weird in their code, multithreading synchronization issue ... (To GGG, use message queue guys, no mutex, very efficient, no latency ...)

GGG send me the code for review (I'm embedded software engineer) 😉

EDIT : Deleting Content.ggpk and redownload it with updater slightly improve performance (~100 ms lag spikes). But after few minutes performance goes down (> 3000 ms lag spikes). Going to a new map cause spikes to go back to 100 ms.
This could be related to new feature "texture streaming". When time elapse playing on a map, there are more data to handle, and spikes duration increase. GGG, please make sure you benchmark your algorithm for texture streaming.
Last edited by PouPouille on Feb 26, 2022, 5:18:12 AM
bump.

having the same issues this league. cpu ms spikes up a lot, especially when those new eldritch mobs or other big packs spawn, to the point where i drop to 10-15 fps.

i'm playing on a ryzen 5 1600x. i know it's 5 years old by now but i didn't have these issues last league or those before where i could play with pretty much stable 90-100+ fps.

i tried disabling multithreading as there seems to be a bug with it, but that just makes it worse for me.

I have exactly the same issue.
Top of the line pc, i7 10700K, 32Gb RAM, NVMe SSD, RTX 3070.

If you stay in any area for like 10 minutes the CPU latency spikes and starts growing consistently making FPS drop from 144 to 60 then 40 then down we go, making the game unplayable.

Switching the area immediately fixes the issue - CPU latency goes to 1-6ms and FPS rises to 144 (my limit).

My PC can handle 100% delirious map while playing skeleton mages - so extremely VFX heavy. But staying in hideout or any map for 10minutes make everything laggy - SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF CPU.

Its especially infuriating in maps where you naturally stay for longer then 10 minutes - like Simulacrums. It is no longer the fight against the monsters, but the fight again the engine, you pretty much on the clock before everything gets laggy and you have to port out to change the area.

Every driver is updated, every other game works fine.
Same problem. Every 10th map i generate is just unplayable. Lag spikes and shader spikes through the roof. The rest of the time its fine. My nephew cant play on his PC this league. He can play any other game just fine, but has to use my laptop if he wants to play POE now.
same issue..too much lag when encountered a large pack of mobs like harbinger or opening a strongbox. this never happens before. just this league

ohh i forgot to add..lag fix when i portal out of the map and then re enters it.. its a bit annoying re entering the map. but what can i do?

so clearly its the game itself has a problem
Last edited by Wicked40 on Mar 3, 2022, 6:12:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info