Massive CPU LAG spikes. Please help.

Another solution for CPU spikes and microfreezes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

Helped a bit, but didnt solved a problem.
Last edited by o0AlanW0o on Aug 28, 2022, 9:23:59 AM
Problem is still actual!
GGG, please pay some attention to the problem! I need to restart my game about 5 times to get normal playing time. After starting PC first 4 times i start PoE it freezes eyery 2-3, whisch is impossible to play(
Bump. GGG please.
I have i7-11700k and RTX GPU
The game in some situations when I alt-tab and back to the game. The CPU ms rises so much and the game stutter. The only option to solve this is restarting the game.

Sometimes it happens in some maps where some specific mobs with fire or ice ground.

I'm using Vulkan / Frames cap at 144 and settings are just the default. few things are at their lowest.
Where is the f*** support here. Facing ridiculous lag spikes on a monster machine. Would highly appreciate a proper solution instead of guesswork.

London, cmon days now
every evening the same f+++cking shit

lag spikes since 8pm since 4 days

over the day np

FIX IT GGG
i'm getting bad CPU spikes (as measured by F1) whenever monsters appear on screen. my actual CPU usage isn't high (as measured by top). all the various cpufreq or tasksetting tricks don't matter.

what did the trick is rolling back wine to an older version. wine-staging-6.12 works fine. newer versions, such as 6.19, 6.22, or 7.8 have these CPU spikes.

i imagine there was a feature/bug/regression added during the wine 6 series that triggers this for POE. i haven't had trouble with other games (yet). i haven't bisected a specific commit. very new wine versions might also be OK.

anyway, if you're a linux user and getting horrendous lag spikes due to CPU (as viewed by F1), try an older wine version.
Is anyone with Radeon GPU here with such problem?
Or only Nvidia guys are suffering? :)

Let's try to play with every Nvidia Control Panel setting for PoE maybe we will be lucky enough to find something helpful for us or even the dev team.

I switched the Threaded Optimisation to "On" from "Auto" but this doesn't help.
However I accidentally found that swapping a weapons just by pressing "X" on the keyboard instantly fixes any CPU spikes after AFK.

I am playing golem build with an MTX for golems and swapping a weapons causes them to blink or refresh the appearance I dunno how to explain and not sure this means something valuable.
By the way my non-minion build are also suffering from this problem.

Anybody wants to play with Nvidia Control Panel?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info