New Microtransactions: Starfall Armour Set and Cloak and Skill Effect Sale

The only thing I don't have custom options for is the avatar.

do you guys ever plan on releasing anything for this, maybe animated avatar's or something?

I'm interested if this feature will be used at all?
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
"
ZionHalcyon wrote:
"
"
people unironically upset about this set because of orion are weird

"but it looks kinda like this other set that is supposed to be only for me forever! how dare you!"

That's what people have paid for, right? The uniqueness.

Imagine if GGG made an announcement right after revealing that core pack, that they'd roll out similar armor set in the future for almost nothing comparing to $480. How many people do you think would still buy that T1 pack regardless?

I mean technically no. That's not what they paid for.

They are called supporter packs. You pay for them because you get something cool and you are supporting GGG hence the name supporter packs.

Trust me that I think a pallet swap of the nightfall armour is as lame as it gets but that is well within their right to do so even if it is a lazy blatant cash grab.

They have always stated that the armour and stuff is a Gift.

You're buying the Store points, everything else is a Gift for supporting them.

Also they've done this loads in the past already. They always use styles that were initially in supporter packs. I think it's happened with almost everything.

You can find a supporter pack and then things in the shop that match the style of it.

I don't really know why people care. It doesn't invalidate the rarity of the orion stuff. It just means that now it's time for the style to be implemented into the game.

It's cool effect, people like the space stuff so it will sell.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I can sort of get why people care as they spent a lot on the pack, but we all got what we paid for with those packs. Some similar style stuff being released in the shop doesn't change any of it.

Just my opinion at the end of the day, but I couldn't care at all if they bring out similar items to packs I have. and in fact it's probably a good thing, especially if these items end up working together.

I've heard starfall doesn't even really match orion as well, so it's not even like the point I'm getting from a lot of people makes sense.

I'm a little disappointed that they don't match, but for those that were annoyed that others could get the same effects, well they're not the same, they don't really match.

If anything they might match the portal, that's it.

PS: this isn't all aimed at you mate, was just replying to you, but adding a bunch more general stuff, instead of posting again
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Aug 7, 2021, 10:53:19 AM
oof
"

If anything they might match the portal, that's it.

yes, it is the very same animated texture used in the portal of the orion pack
where do you draw the line tho...
sunprism is a good example, sunprism took the empyrean theme, and we got a sunprism pet and skill effects.
THIS is fine, as it does not cross the items we got in the supporter pack...

reusing the orion portal texture to recolour the nightfall items, is not okay tho...
as i said a couple of time, i dont mind the recolours of store items, they shall do whatever they want with those, but leave out assets used in supporter packs, especially when it is about the respective pieces we got in the supporter packs.

"

I've heard starfall doesn't even really match orion as well, so it's not even like the point I'm getting from a lot of people makes sense.

yes, they dont match at all, because starfall has that red tint to it, it actually looks god awful if you wanna mix them :D
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Aug 7, 2021, 3:48:28 PM
"We will recolor celestial in every RGB combination and sell you for 60$" ©GGG
This is all good, but can you take up the game? You have a small problem there. In the balance. We are waiting for them, and we hope that you will have time to fix everything while we are still waiting for this. I don't write in all places because I want to make a fuss. I write because I want my favorite game to become better and more diverse than what it is now.
Fix your servers, please!
https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/22t8mi-2.png
IGN @SexyMilf
Also I would like to buy Orion supporter pack :>
I started my journey in poe after I randomly found video featuring it (Orion), and thought that its farmable. Now its gone and I regret I didn't got it. Very nice armour set.
https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/22t8mi-2.png
IGN @SexyMilf
Last edited by ProGameZ on Aug 8, 2021, 4:46:55 PM
Please stop doing recolour mtx.
"
ProGameZ wrote:
Also I would like to buy Orion supporter pack :>
I started my journey in poe after I randomly found video featuring it (Orion), and thought that its farmable. Now its gone and I regret I didn't got it. Very nice armour set.

They're never going to do that.

I started playing and bought the Breach packs in 2016, but I didn't finish the core pack and upgrade the "Phoenix" I have tried multiple times to try and get them to let me buy the last tier in that, but they won't.

Best chance you will get is something similar in pack in the future. They do eventually do re-imagining's of themes packs in new packs (this years core packs are this exactly. each pack represents a league mechanic that is in the game now, but was originally a league mechanic, and had a corresponding pack)

Get the new Core packs though mate. Some really nice sets there, and they all come with a portal as well.

I think this years is better than last years on the whole. I do really like the Crusader armour from last year though, but I never use the Apparition as just don't like the noise it makes.

I find in total that this years Core packs are way better. Maybe the final tier is a little weird as really it's better taken apart and used with other stuff, than using the whole set together. Also I don't like the heads, and never use them as they're massive and don't fit with anything.

Breach and Harvest sets are really nice though, the abyss too actually.
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Aug 9, 2021, 11:58:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info