New Microtransactions: Starfall Armour Set and Cloak and Skill Effect Sale

nice ty
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
"
people unironically upset about this set because of orion are weird

"but it looks kinda like this other set that is supposed to be only for me forever! how dare you!"

That's what people have paid for, right? The uniqueness.

Imagine if GGG made an announcement right after revealing that core pack, that they'd roll out similar armor set in the future for almost nothing comparing to $480. How many people do you think would still buy that T1 pack regardless?

I mean technically no. That's not what they paid for.

They are called supporter packs. You pay for them because you get something cool and you are supporting GGG hence the name supporter packs.

Trust me that I think a pallet swap of the nightfall armor is as lame as it gets but that is well within their right to do so even if it is a lazy blatant cash grab.
A slap to the face to all Orion supporters, whelp....
"
ovogancho wrote:
"
Keybordtrner wrote:
God I love my Orion set but I hate this
[...]
I feel the portal visual effect (Weapon effect with no black trail) probably was the least interesting thing from the Orion set and am fine with it being used in a set more affordable.
[...]
the effect used from Orion doesn't include the same trailing effect. You don't get the high quality armor and bits of rock floating around you and to top it off you do get some of the cool visual effect but it's like carrying an ugly portal on your back.

I agree. The Orion armour design is absolutely stunning; the green screen stuff is actually its downside. I didn't get it because of the price, but boy is that a showstopper in towns.

About the collective tantrum, you pointed the reason yourself:

"
Keybordtrner wrote:
[...] right now a lot of people are upset with GGG and wanna point out stupid insignificant stuff.

Things will be like this for a while, until people get over the emotional distress caused by the nerfs.

i have to disagree...
and you should consider, not labelling all criticism to some unrelated stuff.
i personally embrace the nerfs, i welcome them, i enjoy the league itself the most ouf of the past 2 years actually. and for what people complain about on reddit, i couldnt care less, most is "i want my zoom playstyle back" anyway.
i do have 1-2 criticism points about the changes, but those are minor.

i bought supporter packs to support the game and its development, in the respective stage of the game and under the aspect of them being an for the time being exclusive thing.

i am not upset about anything else, than assets from an exclusive thing, being reused. yes, this happened before, shadowstalker wings got recoloured and became a store item as void emperor wings. while the set is still exclusive, the overall feeling of an exclusive item being reused is... saddening...
i dont know whether you ever have collected something in your life. but if you buy something that has a unique, rare oder time exclusive tag to it, and you buy it... how could you not feel kinda ripped off when something like that happens?

"
I mean technically no. That's not what they paid for.

They are called supporter packs. You pay for them because you get something cool and you are supporting GGG hence the name supporter packs.

well... opposing to this...

"
We're proud to finish this year not only with the launch of 2019's biggest expansion, but also with the release of the year's biggest set of Supporter Packs! The new Core Supporter Packs are now available in the store and replace the ones released alongside Betrayal, one year ago. Inspired by the look of five new endgame Conquerors, these five new Supporter Packs contain a lot of exclusive cosmetic microtransactions as well as tons of points to spend. In addition, the higher-tier ones include physical items, such as the new Conquerors of the Atlas Cloth Map, Path of Exile Gamebook and a pack of signed Path of Exile art prints!

while they did not reuse the actual items, they used assets from that "exclusive" portal...

"
Frankly, I wouldn't care if they made all mtx available for purchase forever - the fomo crap is a psychological game to get people to buy stuff they otherwise wouldn't.

That said, I do recognize GGG advertises the packs as exclusive, but that isn't a problem because they still are. This is an entirely different armor that uses very similar visual effects to Orion, yeah... so what? They didn't say they wouldn't make things that are similar, and Orion is still ridiculously visually distinct to this - arguing otherwise is ridiculous.

I also think the "but this armor is cheaper!" arguments are super disingenuous, since if you really want to be nitpicky about it, technically Orion was a free armor set that came with a purchase of $480 worth of mtx points. You get no such deal here, so one could argue this set is the more expensive one.

and you sir, completely miss the point.
they could recolour nightfall armor as much they wanted, i couldnt care less, but not with orion assets... that is simply contradictory to the term "exclusive", let alone that it feels lazy to basically replace the one animated texture, with another... but that's not the issue.
all those "technically" and "actually" arguments, are so... obnoxious.
like, if you dont care, why even bother answering to this?
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Aug 6, 2021, 9:43:15 PM
What the heck is up with those feet though? Seriously, what's up with them?
"
SquareCubiC wrote:
i bought supporter packs to support the game and its development, in the respective stage of the game and under the aspect of them being an for the time being exclusive thing.

i am not upset about anything else, than assets from an exclusive thing, being reused. yes, this happened before, shadowstalker wings got recoloured and became a store item as void emperor wings. while the set is still exclusive, the overall feeling of an exclusive item being reused is... saddening...
i dont know whether you ever have collected something in your life. but if you buy something that has a unique, rare oder time exclusive tag to it, and you buy it... how could you not feel kinda ripped off when something like that happens?

I understand and agree that supporter packs should retain their exclusivity aspect; my argument is that in this case they do. This armour set doesn't resemble Orion at all in its design - they pretty much just reused a texture patch from that pack. I mean, I don't recall Empyrean Supporters rising pitchforks against Sunprism heralds for example... we even had different packs with the same themes, like Abyss Imp vs Abyss Core. Orion has far superior quality, I think you guys are just fine.
"
ovogancho wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

I understand and agree that supporter packs should retain their exclusivity aspect; my argument is that in this case they do. This armour set doesn't resemble Orion at all in its design - they pretty much just reused a texture patch from that pack. I mean, I don't recall Empyrean Supporters rising pitchforks against Sunprism heralds for example... we even had different packs with the same themes, like Abyss Imp vs Abyss Core. Orion has far superior quality, I think you guys are just fine.

oh i am not rising my pitch fork and torch, but it should be made clear, that reusage from supporter pack assets is inacceptable.
the shadowstalker wings being recoloured as void emperor were the best example...
in this case it is "only" the portal texture and not the armor or anything "huge", but honestly, where do you draw the line?
the sunprism stuff, was genuinely nothing armor related, a pet and skill effects, which is in my opinion something completely different, because we dont get skill effects in supporter packs.
would a slightly altered empyrean weapon effect, renamed to sunprism be okay? or a sunrise armor recolour as of sunprism? certainly not.
recolour whatever store items you want, in any way you want, but leave supporter packs, and especially the pieces for the respective slots, out of it... in best case completely.

i dont wanna be "that guy" but i think i whaled quite a bit... i bought 7 480$ packs, many league supporter packs, some even twice (sentiel overlord for example <3 ), countless point bundles and i have a total of 2600 mtx items in poe, which surely is above average, and i love this game as much enough to say, i don't regret any cent spent.

and this is on the steam client, which i havent touched in two and a half years... which i am glad about, so i cannot see how much i spent in total ^^'

but if that exclusivity thing trends to become a "well whatever, we're gonna reuse that asset for XXYY" i personally feel dissatisfied as a customer, who was promised exclusivity upon purchase. and given the fact, that the starfall theme is a lazy copy paste of nightfall with the orion portal texture...

like, as i said, no pitchforks, no torches... but that's saddening.

let alone that someone at ggg said "i have a great idea for a new theme" and came up with that idea, is already kinda sad...
but that this actually got through, is even more sad.
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Aug 7, 2021, 3:21:06 AM
OMG , these looks really really good
Well, not buy a 400 bucks pack again ... thats for sure ! Why not selling the Shirts and Hoodys too ?
Last edited by barbossa1989 on Aug 7, 2021, 8:20:48 AM
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info