Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

"
Incarcerated wrote:

To me, 3 hours a day for 2 weeks to finish endgame sounds like you either zoomed super fast like tytykiller or you're lying about it. If you're zoomy, you'll have to accept slower progression.

Cool players as tytykiller close endgame for 2-3 days, for this in my words, there is no lie, I understand crafting and raise enough kol'va currency on it, that would dress up and close the endgame.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
I don't pay attention to this stuff so I don't know how often it happens, but I appreciate Chris taking so much time discussing the game so candidly.
So the game is just going to be left in its current half-baked state for the next 2.5 months - seriously? I'd rather they just changed back to the 3.14 version in the meantime tbh, then get the changes right in 3.16 (and hopefully with some better testing done this time)!
The point about skipping the campaign he is talking about is about doing on character 2 or 3 or 4.

We are happy to play the campaign once per leagues, not 5 times
I'm not going to watch a 3,5h video? What's the tl;dr? More nerfs incoming to implement "The Vision" (TM) ?
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
I'm not going to watch a 3,5h video? What's the tl;dr? More nerfs incoming to implement "The Vision" (TM) ?

Of course. He's gonna keep nerfing skills and builds until PoE 2.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Aug 12, 2021, 9:55:35 AM
"
Rippster wrote:
"

Of course. He's gonna keep nerfing skills and builds until PoE 2.

Well, who knows... maybe we get lucky and Tencent nerfs him instead.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
On a personal level, I really respect Chris and the way he shields his employees from hate filled criticism by being the face of the company and doing his best in the realm of answering questions and/or public relations. When emotions run high, the amount of nasty or mean comments far exceed civilized expectations of rational discourse. Conversations tend to spiral rapidly downward into a more degrading (ad hominem) nature; conversations of which have little to no substance or value even when being looked upon by casual observers.

I noticed that Chris said the changes to piano flasking were to help relieve RSI (repetitive strain injury), yet they gave us tons of expedition chests and currency to click on this league?! I actually developed index finger tendonitis from playing POE after all of these years. It is why I sometimes skip leagues or have my filter set to uber-strict mode, only picking up the most essential items. As far as flasks go, I love the instilling orb modifiers "used when you hit a rare or unique enemy, if not already in effect", and "used when charges reach full." I've found that those two modifiers can keep both my "Vessel of Vinktar" and "Wise Oak" flask up exactly when I need them without having to press the flask buttons incessantly.

The interesting thing in all of this is, I really enjoyed playing 'much slower builds' all of these years, until the mobs obtained crazy spikes in damage due to overlapping rare modifiers. I never much cared for speed or efficiency. The first ever build I made fully on my own that I wanted to share with other players many years ago was some sort of wonky essence drain tank with an off-color socket brass dome. It cleared incredibly slow, and the damage was awful in T16 maps (like half a mil dps), but I felt like a literal tank. I relied on roundabout methods to obtain damage, like decay from 'essence of delirium' which they nerfed into the ground retroactively (cutting its damage by a lot on my standard character, instead of making it legacy).

Now-a-days, I feel like all of the moderate defensive options I used to take were nerfed into the ground (I'm literally playing T16 with no evasion and only 7% physical damage reduction), while these 'Gladiator builds' god-tank everything in juiced T19 maps with one specific niche build (with a large investment ofc) while telling everyone the game is fine. This pigeonholing of viable builds goes against the spirit of what originally drew me to POE. Why use sweep and risk being stationary when I can use cyclone? Why use a single target melee skill when I can use large aoe or chain spells to eradicate everything? Once you figure out that 99.9% of the skill gems are just there to be gimmicky filler for players going through the acts, or for use in low tier white maps, you tend to stick to what builds/gems clear trash mobs the fastest. The answer is not to nerf cyclone or those aoe/chain skills, the answer is to bring up all of these under-performing skills (when you invest in them) to the same level of 'this feels fun to play.'

What really opened my eyes was the fact that even the 0.52 cast time (nearly half a second) on my 'Flame Dash' is enough to get me killed in POE in a T15-16 map. I literally cannot afford to be hit or stationary for half-a-second unless my overleech is active. The game now centers around 'kill or be killed instantly' in most cases.

TL:DR I was forced to adapt to the zoom-zoom era or be left behind. All of the nerfs to defense left me with low defense/low damage, whereas before I had high defense/low damage. I now play a glass cannon and do well with the majority of content. Only porcupine packs or high hp bosses with rippy damage effects (Forking River boss or A4 Baran, The Crusader for example) still give me lots of trouble to the point where I lose all of my portals and cannot beat the fight (on my current build).

Totally this one
http://i.imgur.com/fxbCnfq.jpg
I wonder what the Chinese community says about the current state of the game.
http://i.imgur.com/fxbCnfq.jpg
Last edited by NickIAm on Aug 12, 2021, 10:00:36 AM
"
spokipo wrote:
"
Incarcerated wrote:

To me, 3 hours a day for 2 weeks to finish endgame sounds like you either zoomed super fast like tytykiller or you're lying about it. If you're zoomy, you'll have to accept slower progression.

Cool players as tytykiller close endgame for 2-3 days, for this in my words, there is no lie, I understand crafting and raise enough kol'va currency on it, that would dress up and close the endgame.

Tytykiller does it in 2-3 days but he also plays a hell of a lot more then 3 hours a day in those 2-3 days. If he's at Maven on day 3 at 16 hours a day, it's around the same time spent as 3 hours a day for 2 weeks. That's why i made the comparison. Are you that level of player?

Also, you missed all my other arguments. Guess you agreed with those then?
Last edited by Incarcerated on Aug 12, 2021, 10:23:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info