Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

I love it! Keep up the great work guys! Love from Brazil.
"
"
Rippster wrote:
"
I'm not going to watch a 3,5h video? What's the tl;dr? More nerfs incoming to implement "The Vision" (TM) ?

Of course. He's gonna keep nerfing skills and builds until PoE 2.

Well, who knows... maybe we get lucky and Tencent nerfs him instead.

Both of you are part of the problem. You assume what he says without knowing it. Bravo.
He addressed this in the podcast. There are no more nerfs coming. Some buffs.

As for Tencent taking power from Chris? I don't think you realise what you're asking for there matey. You think it's bad now? Let's hope we never get to see how badly thought out this statement of yours is.
Watched this and then bought the atlas supporter pack <.<
"
NickIAm wrote:
I wonder what the Chinese community says about the current state of the game.

They're saying 'gee i love buying power in this game, now i don't have to earn it anymore'.

Do you want this to be like a mobile game?
Last edited by Incarcerated on Aug 12, 2021, 10:38:01 AM
If I am casual, with up to 20 achievements per league.
It means - I am 80% of the audience.
But, not feel that anyone changing in 3.15 is addressed for me.

Who is your target audience, if 80% - are not?

Questions:
1. Are you sure of the great demand for "Hard mode"?
2. If you serve only this 5% audience, will they pay for everyone?

IMO, your primary task is:
How to help 80% move forward, to get more achievements, a play more hours per player.
And...
Bingo - spend more hours in total in POE.
NOT do a game slower for 5%.
But - make a game understandable for 80%.

IMO Harvest craft 3.13 - was your best invention to do this.

Last edited by SantaClaus1024 on Aug 12, 2021, 11:08:43 AM
yea i dont think this game is for me anymore...good you make a game for stramer
there zero fun here only deaths you engage you die.
well lucky there other game that gonna came out in september...
the worst part is i want to play but EVERY time i remember what you did with the game im like naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa let's go play tribe of midgard
You can make the same argument for a TON of games and situations about you as a big part of casual players are supposed to have whatever advantage of just being more players and I'd say it is simply wrong. At one point you just have to understand that some people are A) Better at the game than you are and B) Spending way more time. This doens't mean that the game is unplayable at any level, it just means that you as a casual (like myself) has to adapt and perhaps find new builds that actually fit our level of skill.

In general I don't understand the huge complains. You actually think you need mirror-tier items across to beat the game now? You playing SC and die once in a while? You cannot finish a map in less than 1 min?

I think the game is heading in a really good direction and I know many others do. The questions raised in the podcast pickedup many things that hopefully will be adressed and make the game better in general but at this point I think the audience also got spoiled about the amount of content that has been released over the past years and now when they are actually making changes that they as creators think is needed the complains are crazy and that is childish.

Big cuddos for even doing the interview and the continuing work on the game.
<3
Last edited by KungBenji on Aug 12, 2021, 11:13:29 AM
"
Sirais01 wrote:
absolute NONE of those in that Podcast/discussion have a clue how the game is for those casual players who may haca 1 or sometimes 2 hours of playtime, becasue of work, Familiy or other.
so where is the one speaking for those players ?

the league is dead. and i for myself have stopped spending any mone on the game anymore.

in the end we all hope that tencent will do something against ppl stop p(l)aying Poe.

IO have said it manny times and i say it now again. The game was good, (with some minor problems) untill content was added layer upon layer , skill upon skills, jewels, items, splinter and so on. This was a game, and now if u want to play poe, u can only do it if u take it as a job. The only job. Elite players find meta, you guys nerf it, then the 99% who play casually get dissepointed. The 1% is searcing for the new meta, and here we go again. Loot is very important, and it was good in poe. Now loot is absolutly irelevant. Every league i loot 1 or 2 things in 200-300 hour play and the rest is just trash on screen and work to pick it up and do someting with it. Tier lvls on items is an absolute abuse of the game and players. Skill and to manny and not so good. Good uniques are imposible, the rest are trash or mehh. Just shit game. I can write 20 pages of what is wrong. But i don#t have to. Players will punish them for the worng things until is ok and they understand. For now , itemisation in Last Epoch, althru a 30% finished game is better and much better then poe. Does GGG think of why this happens?. Yes bring the hard mode, for the 1% of players that use poe as a job, for us if u remove 90% of endgame mods and 90% of items, and make the pool of tiers of items not 1 to 10000000x but 1 to 3 or 1 to 4 tiers acording to stages ( like lvl 85 item have only tier 9 to 12 so they become relavand , instead of finding so much ultra megas super uber complicated crafting options that become to expensive or to deterministic or bla bla , that always make half player ragin and other happy) and remove 80% of skills , remove damage spikes on rare monsters.

TOOOOO MUCH COMPLICATED. WE WORK, WE HAVE A LIFE. WE PLAY POE AS CASUAL AND WE SPEND WHEN WE LIKE. My life is not poe, is just a hobby. And when i like it i grab my card. Now i hate it.
"
At one point you just have to understand that some people are A) Better at the game than you are and B) Spending way more time and or streaming.

Yes!
Exactly!
And, the quantity of these people is how much?
Just see on the graph.
Near 5%.
Not 80%
Not 50%
And not even 10% )

In dreams - everyone CAN be a Megasuper in POE )
But in fact - only 5% are.

Where is the problem which is needed to fix?
IMO - help 80% move to get more achievements = to spend more hours in POE.
Agree?
What I am doing here if the current League is a living dead??
And next League - obviously is dead. With near 80-90k people on start.
And 3.17 league - will be dead, with 50-70k people on start.

Hold on.
Good luck.
All the best to everyone.

When GGG does trade and craft - send me a newsletter, please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info