Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

I tell ya so u get it. Nobody have a problem with expert players or how they play the game. We have a problem with the fact the game now have layers upon layers , and in order to actually have fun (like 7=10 leagues ago) u must treat the game as a daily job. If poe is for you a daily job then fine. I want to be a pleasant experience not a work. I pick up every league thousands of items from the floor and i use 0.0000001 %. This is work not fun.
Basically Chris thinks if i did the 10 acts 30 times in the last to years and got totally sick from it, not to mention map completition and delve upgrades, heist members upgrades, legion map device upgrade, going delve for 5-6 link crafts and so on . It is work, it a job is not a game. Making the acts harder Chris thinks it brings challence and fun. The only thing it brings it that now we do it slower, it even more boring , in order to do it we must search the third party trade sistem outside the game, so we can outfit, but we need curency, so we must linger more in the areas so we can find curency for trades, because ofcourse from a zilllion items droping a zillllion minus 1 or 2 might be usefull and the rest is garbage and just work to pick up and identify. But ya, the game is more challenging so it must be fun. WELL IS NOT!
If they're so concerned with power creep, I feel they need to limit what can be created through the crafting system. That being said, limiting player power creep should only affect the very top end "Jesus tier" gear players, not the majority of players who never reach that power creep threshold. Also, limiting players power creep should also limit monster power creep as we've seen each league introduce stronger and harder things to kill and engage.
"
Incarcerated wrote:

Tytykiller does it in 2-3 days but he also plays a hell of a lot more then 3 hours a day in those 2-3 days. If he's at Maven on day 3 at 16 hours a day, it's around the same time spent as 3 hours a day for 2 weeks. That's why i made the comparison. Are you that level of player?

Also, you missed all my other arguments. Guess you agreed with those then?

Well, if you think what you can not earn for 2 weeks 50 exalts playing 3 hours day to close all the content, then I'm on par with tytykiller only in Kraft. It was a joke :D

But seriously, all that power is in the meta builds, i play mostly on strong, proven builds, and I play more on the day the league starts, if it's a day off..

After work, I play a little, I took the average as I usually get 2-4 hours.

With other arguments I will not argue it is your opinion and I respect it and partly agree with it.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Last edited by spokipo on Aug 12, 2021, 12:29:07 PM
Chris loves the campaing so much... ok make it worth it, we did it billion times allready, idk a random 6L unique at Act 10 kitava.
Another bonus for having done the tutorial another billion time could be an awakened orb garanteed on first sirus kill per character, solo fight obviously.

if not please, for player who have allready done it too much, put adventure mode.

Tradable sirus fight

chase unique or specific item behind bosses or maps, like double influence item on sirus/maven/feared, all shav themed loot by shav style bosses and so on, you do it with div card, why not with item.

The headhunter chase isn't a chase, i'm not digging behind every tree in hope to get a bag full of millions of dollars

Because thanks to the non deterministic gambling machine you call crafting we can't power up by picking up loot

make all harvest craft tradable like items, horticrafting stash, more slots per oshabi fight.

And please ramp up build diversity without nerfing everything to destruction, like poet pen VD or flameblast totem and so on, because power creep is needed to do the feared and other maven fightfest.

There was a time when i brought friend to play at poe, when we were able to add a few support gems to a skill, ramp up damage with picked up loot and it would work.
This time is sadly long gone, along with build diversity and said friend, playing something else wondering why i still play to this complicated game i still like.

I do have hope for the future of this game, wish you the best GGG
all i ask

pet auto loot
maps drop for atlas progression
raw currency drop

Video games can be entertaining, but when you’re stressed out and antsy from practicing responsible social distancing, they aren’t always the most relaxing way to spend your time.
Every Quarter

GGG: "It must have been miscommunication, we'll work on that going forward."

Every Quarter

GGG: "Wait until next week for the information!"

---------

This podcast in particular, if GGG was so adamant and concerned with clearing things up with players, they wouldn't wait a week until Monday for a summary of what was said on it. There's everyday players that are doing this hours after it's release. Hours.
Very good stuff here.

I'm very excited for the Masochist mode!

Bottom-line from this podcast for me:
1- I like the general direction Chris Wilson is taking the game.
2- Some of the more influential people in the community (streamers) are too opinative, without understanding that they are not professional game designers and what they feel as a good thing in a given moment might not be something a game that needs to keep evolving can, or should, maintain.
3- GGG doesn't always get things right but they are very good at beeing open and talking to the community.
You still didn't respond to the main part of my initial comment. You're attempting to strawman my argument by focusing on this one part.
"
Jovanovsy wrote:
Very good stuff here.

I'm very excited for the Masochist mode!

Bottom-line from this podcast for me:
1- I like the general direction Chris Wilson is taking the game.
2- Some of the more influential people in the community (streamers) are too opinative, without understanding that they are not professional game designers and what they feel as a good thing in a given moment might not be something a game that needs to keep evolving can, or should, maintain.
3- GGG doesn't always get things right but they are very good at beeing open and talking to the community.

this 100%.

Thanks to Chris for putting in extra effort for us. We appreciate it very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info