Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

"
"
At one point you just have to understand that some people are A) Better at the game than you are and B) Spending way more time and or streaming.

Yes!
Exactly!
And, the quantity of these people is how much?
Just see on the graph.
Near 5%.
Not 80%
Not 50%
And not even 10% )

In dreams - everyone CAN be a Megasuper in POE )
But in fact - only 5% are.

Where is the problem which is needed to fix?
IMO - help 80% move to get more achievements = to spend more hours in POE.
Agree?

Because you don't measure balances in how many achievements people get per league? I've seen tons of people skipping achievements completely because they don't like the achievements or simply don't think the MTX is anything they care about.

Might be a poor example but.. Just because I suck at CS GO and plays that as casual I cannot expect them to either change the game after me or throw me at global elite straight away after playing a few hours because I am part of the 80%+ group in the game (more like 99% group I'd reckon). Nor do they care that I bought a new skin for my weapon...I still have to put the hours in if I want to progress and play against better opponents.

If you play POE as a casual you have to understand that you will spend time before reaching endgame. Sure lucky drops might speed that up greatly or a bad pick of build will cause you to struggle. For me its about building that character up, its allowed to actually take some time and there is always standard if you don't want to pressure play in a league.

But I don't really understand what you want from the game as a casual? You can already do ALL content with gear that are not insanely hard to find or craft. You might have to pick the current meta to do so, but hey that's equal for everyone across, unless you have that 6 person team that will farm and craft for you.. But they don't count anyhow do they? :)
Last edited by KungBenji on Aug 12, 2021, 1:25:25 PM
"

Yes!
Exactly!
And, the quantity of these people is how much?
Just see on the graph.
Near 5%.
Not 80%
Not 50%
And not even 10% )

In dreams - everyone CAN be a Megasuper in POE )
But in fact - only 5% are.

Where is the problem which is needed to fix?
IMO - help 80% move to get more achievements = to spend more hours in POE.
Agree?

By completing campaign alone you should have 4 achievments. By just that your whole graph goes to toilet. You dont balance the game around people who dont play or do not know how to play.
CW just confirmed he's insanely out of touch with players like myself. Dude wants 3 DAY trades as an "improvement" when we ask for better trade. 🤣 Honestly I wonder how he actually thinks the game should be played. I'm certainly over PoE with it's garbage performance and it's neverending beta tests. I just don't hate myself enough to ever pick this thing up again. Maybe a stand alone, offline capable and incredibly well polished 3.13 version could convince me to pay a one time price for the game.
If i understand correct, goal is to make road to end game more challenging.
I wonder how many players instead more challenging acts, would prefer to have option skip that part of game. Lets give players option after completing first game run to create lv60 characters with atlas access.

Leveling and main scenario should have one use purpose - to tutor players about game mechanics and new league. After that repeating this process is in my opinion just waste of time.
Good luck!
Just had a suggestion for on death effects. Maybe make it so that those effects have some kind of buff effect to still living monsters around and so if there is no more monster, there won't be anymore on-death-effects. So only problem now still is, if every monster is killed instantly. (maybe an on-death-effect could make one or more monsters immune for a second or something like this.)

explosions on-death are kinda bad and boring.
I for one look forward to Scarcity mode. One of the "issues" I have with PoE Progression at the moment is, as Chris says, you get rares in Act I and then everything is gold from there on out. Personally, it makes it hard to tell whether or not an item is an upgrade because every item that isn't unique or seen through a loot filter looks exactly the same.

So reducing the rarity of items and the amount of currency would, paradoxically, make the game a lot more readable to me because I can tell whether or not a rare with 5 modifiers is better than a rare with 3, as opposed to live where I need to do a lot of menu comparison to see if +1-63 lightning damage is comparable to +32-39 fire damage. I'm not against doing it, but currently you need to do it every time a rare drops or just throw up your hands and say "Screw it! I have resistance caps I'll wait until I find a unique!"
Every death brings me life.
Spoiler
"
suitto wrote:
"
A summary! Wow! I can't wait to see and read it! Must big a big chat :-)

Didn't watch but believe this is a good one if you can't wait.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/p2k0fr/megathread_baeclast_with_chris_wilson_discussion/
Thanks! suitto! I watched it last night on YouTube. Awesome job by everyone. Thanks for the link! I'll check it out too.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hard Mode hype!!! I literally cannot wait to play this! xD As a boomer who wants PoE to slow down and to get back to an experience more reminiscent of the old school greats, I am beyond stoked to have this option! Have fun zooming kids, I'm gonna play so slow it hurts >:)
Last edited by LimpSquire on Aug 12, 2021, 3:21:16 PM
Thanks to everyone involved for doing the podcast! I was under the impression that it couldn't be that interesting because i felt most of the questions where already answered. But dang, you guys delivered! So much info.

Please remember that the majority of the community also dislikes this weird toxic blob of people we currently have. I hope some of them can see that they are behaving like animals and maybe rethink their behaviour.
Wer nichts weiß, muss alles glauben.
Does this mean the Path Of Exile team has accepted the terrible state of the game in 3.15 and has turned to working on 3.16 instead?

Was really expecting some more mid league patches to improve the state of the game, but with HC trade leauge drying up what is the point?

Chris couldnt even answer a simple question about the mana changes in this interview, please bring other memebers into these as chris can't speak to many of the concerns that players are having. Simple crap like when are you fixing spellsinger...... Something that could be done by a couple of your interns over the weekend and patched Tuesday.

We get it you fucked up but don't just leave us like this till next patch release.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info