Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

"
Incarcerated wrote:

Both of you are part of the problem. You assume what he says without knowing it. Bravo.
He addressed this in the podcast. There are no more nerfs coming. Some buffs.

As for Tencent taking power from Chris? I don't think you realise what you're asking for there matey. You think it's bad now? Let's hope we never get to see how badly thought out this statement of yours is.

Actually the problem is self righteous people like you who think they know better than everyone else. Well guess what you don't. Half the player base has quit. What does that tell you?

And as for tencent removing Chris.... you do realize that GGG has other people too right? ... right?
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Aug 12, 2021, 8:41:11 PM
"
Mike_Weiss wrote:
In the origins of PoE, Chris had to compromise.
People were heard and many players actively helped to solve many issues within the game.

Eight years came to pass and GGG grew by a lot. Now they have investors/shareholders and whatnot so Christ doesn't need to compromise anymore and gets his twisted "vision" put through.

This podcast is nothing but a little stunt to make it seem like feedback is relevant.

In eight years enjoying PoE and following it up close, I've never seen so much disagreement and general distaste in this community regarding the development direction.

You touched on a problem that is exactly what created this hype.
I think that Chris took the side of intransigence, so that players would not be impudent with requests and thus pushed away part of the community, this is just my guess, trying to understand what is happening, because there is something wrong with the game and feedback.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Chris reminds me more and more of George Lucas. They both created something that people love but then slowly lost touch with it and with the fans. They got isolated up on their throne not caring about what anyone else thinks because THEY have "The vision"(TM).

It doesn't matter if almost everyone disagrees. Only THEY know what's best.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Aug 12, 2021, 8:56:43 PM
Really appreciate this podcast. GGG is never going to be able to please everybody, and everyone who doesn't get what they personally want is going to call Chris "intransigent" or "stubborn" or "arrogant". In some cases GGG has gotten it wrong, and this is definitely one of them. But nobody's perfect and when you have a product that's been in constant development for this long there are bound to be mistakes and misestimations. The important thing (just like any relationship) is not so much that mistakes are never made, but that when they are, they're willing to apologize and fix it. I definitely disagreed with some of the changes the moment they were announced, and I hoped that GGG would have the humility to fix them if they did turn out poorly, and it very much looks like they did.
"
Sierra275 wrote:
Really appreciate this podcast. GGG is never going to be able to please everybody, and everyone who doesn't get what they personally want is going to call Chris "intransigent" or "stubborn" or "arrogant". In some cases GGG has gotten it wrong, and this is definitely one of them. But nobody's perfect and when you have a product that's been in constant development for this long there are bound to be mistakes and misestimations. The important thing (just like any relationship) is not so much that mistakes are never made, but that when they are, they're willing to apologize and fix it. I definitely disagreed with some of the changes the moment they were announced, and I hoped that GGG would have the humility to fix them if they did turn out poorly, and it very much looks like they did.

You're right you can not please everyone, but that does not apply to this topic, those who are dissatisfied with the changes want only one thing, as it was before, you can listen to Zizaran, he stated constructively what bothers players, and other public figures spoke about it, but 95% of the problems were not touched on the podcast.
"
spokipo wrote:
"
Sierra275 wrote:

You're right you can not please everyone, but that does not apply to this topic, those who are dissatisfied with the changes want only one thing, as it was before, you can listen to Zizaran, he stated constructively what bothers players, and other public figures spoke about it, but 95% of the problems were not touched on the podcast.

Not sure which Ziz video you're talking about, but I saw the one he did on crafting and he raises a lot of good points there which I hope GGG takes note of. But I don't think this FAQ was totally meaningless - it addressed some issues and concerns I personally had and which I have the impression are common in the community. Just because GGG doesn't give you want you want when you want it, or doesn't have exactly the same priorities you do, doesn't mean they're "not listening to the community" because the community is more than just you and the people who share your particular concerns and priorities.
This was painful to watch and it did nothing to make me want to support the game again.

So many of Chris' answers simply reinforced how disconnected GGG is from what is clearly a sizable part of the PoE community.

PoE for me is in such a bad, un-fun state. And that's genuinely sad because the game was so thoroughly enjoyable not too long ago.
"
Sinaranu wrote:
This was painful to watch and it did nothing to make me want to support the game again.

So many of Chris' answers simply reinforced how disconnected GGG is from what is clearly a sizable part of the PoE community.

PoE for me is in such a bad, un-fun state. And that's genuinely sad because the game was so thoroughly enjoyable not too long ago.

I share your worries about this and also did not support this time.

"
Sierra275 wrote:

Not sure which Ziz video you're talking about, but I saw the one he did on crafting and he raises a lot of good points there which I hope GGG takes note of. But I don't think this FAQ was totally meaningless - it addressed some issues and concerns I personally had and which I have the impression are common in the community. Just because GGG doesn't give you want you want when you want it, or doesn't have exactly the same priorities you do, doesn't mean they're "not listening to the community" because the community is more than just you and the people who share your particular concerns and priorities.

Understand a simple thing, if something is taken away from you you expect something in return, but here you only got a broken game.

I'm having a hard time finding a video right now, I'm sorry, you can watch his latest video of what questions he says if you're a little satisfied with that.

Here's an opinion from famous figures:

Grimro:
Thoughts On The Downturn Of Trade League And The Future Of PoE

mbExtreme:
CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME & EXPEDITION FEEDBACK / THOUGHTS

Big Ducks:
The Future of Path of Exile and My Content

GhazzyTV:
Chris Wilson Discussion Post Baeclast | Path of Exile

The strongest argument is 50% of players and -5% rating in steam for one league, this has never happened. Why don't you see the obvious.

steamdb
steamcharts

Steam reviews

You think this is all a joke?
Last edited by spokipo on Aug 12, 2021, 10:24:58 PM
"
spokipo wrote:
"
Sinaranu wrote:

I share your worries about this and also did not support this time.

"
Sierra275 wrote:

Understand a simple thing, if something is taken away from you you expect something in return, but here you only got a broken game.

I'm having a hard time finding a video right now, I'm sorry, you can watch his latest video of what questions he says if you're a little satisfied with that.

Here's an opinion from famous figures:

Grimro:
Thoughts On The Downturn Of Trade League And The Future Of PoE

mbExtreme:
CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME & EXPEDITION FEEDBACK / THOUGHTS

Big Ducks:
The Future of Path of Exile and My Content

GhazzyTV:
Chris Wilson Discussion Post Baeclast | Path of Exile

The strongest argument is 50% of players and -5% rating in steam for one league, this has never happened. Why don't you see the obvious.

steamdb
steamcharts

Steam reviews

You think this is all a joke?

Not sure where I said that your concerns were a joke or invalid - if that's something you really want to stand by, please substantiate it with evidence. I am aware that players are generally unhappy with the present league, and I am one of them. I quite liked Grimro's video in particular and I think he made valid points, which I would like to see addressed.

However, this FAQ is not meaningless. It does address some of the concerns that people do have, and perhaps more importantly, it demonstrates that they are willing to listen and openly admit that they have screwed up. They may not have admitted to having screwed up the specific points that you are most concerned about, but simply because they do not seem to be listening to you or your particular concerns at this exact moment, does not mean that they can be reasonably characterized as "generally intransigent". Obviously in the beta more people feel like they were being heard because as a matter of pure logic, there were fewer people playing, but with a player base this large its hard to cater to every single concern that every disgruntled player has at the exact moment they want. From what I understand, Chris is going to have another stream with Ziz in the near future, which will hopefully give him the chance to voice some of the other concerns that the community has (since it would be pointless to canvass the exact same points that have been raised here).

TLDR: There are lots of valid concerns. I am fully aware that many players are unhappy. But given the expansiveness of the 3.15 nerfs, this could be for many different reasons. Just because this particular FAQ didn't address them, doesn't mean that GGG is being willfully prideful or stubborn or won't ever address them. I am annoyed by the changes but am grateful that GGG has admitted that they were bad, which demonstrates to me that in principle, they have the humility to admit when they have gone wrong. It is difficult to cater to a player base this large, with this many different concerns. Just because you don't happen to be at the front of the queue, does not mean that they are generally stubborn.
no1 deserve such hate
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info