Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

Thank you so much for asking about South African player ping/latency. Love the game, hate the lag. Love the direction the game is going too btw.
When people ask why I continue to give money to a free game...this. This is why.
Literally every time Chris says what he believes is best for the game his belief it is the answer that reduces player fun.
"
Rodarax wrote:
Thank you so much for asking about South African player ping/latency. Love the game, hate the lag. Love the direction the game is going too btw.

+1 kudos to Tarke to bring up the South African issues. I'd really appreciate the ability to play "properly".
Why do folks at GGG think people stop playing when they get good gear? That is when the actual fun starts, plus shorter character making times allows casual people to make more builds per league.

Leveling a character is more of a chore, changing the campaign will not make a difference, the game is fun once the character is ready.

For years PoE has became faster and more accessible to people with less than 8h/day playtime, and it increased in popularity during that time. Now GGG wants us back in the 90s and there is a drop in player population, while Chris is excited by the masochist mode, really? I get it that devs want an old school arpg, but D1/D2 were also way shorter, and having top content locked behind a ton of grind is not cool, we don't stop playing after killing maven or getting a geared character.
Every time you see Chris on the screen, know that he will not answer any of your questions. You will just hear a vague story about how good everything is, and that there is still much to be done in this direction. All of these podcasts are useless for several reasons. Chris himself and most of the people at the company don't play the game (and don't know how to play it). Test servers will not solve the problem, they will only create a new one in the form of an additional load on the company's employees. Feedback from players is almost never collected. They think that multiple streamers can speak for the entire community (they don't!). The lack of real technical support for the game! (and not bots telling how they transferred something somewhere). Please start fixing the real gameplay issues (which you caused in Patch 3.15). Return normal charges to flasks. Restore normal strength to Support Gems. And if you really want to do something nice in the area of ​​balance, then pay attention to the groups of players running on delirium maps (aurabot, headhunter), and earning as much per day as 6 players individually will farm for a week. I apologize for my "English". It's really bad, but I hope you get the gist of what it says.
I came too read responses
I expected alot more people to respond
Where is everybody
"
lobsterphobia wrote:
Why do folks at GGG think people stop playing when they get good gear? That is when the actual fun starts, plus shorter character making times allows casual people to make more builds per league.

Leveling a character is more of a chore, changing the campaign will not make a difference, the game is fun once the character is ready.

For years PoE has became faster and more accessible to people with less than 8h/day playtime, and it increased in popularity during that time. Now GGG wants us back in the 90s and there is a drop in player population, while Chris is excited by the masochist mode, really? I get it that devs want an old school arpg, but D1/D2 were also way shorter, and having top content locked behind a ton of grind is not cool, we don't stop playing after killing maven or getting a geared character.

"
Faerys wrote:
Every time you see Chris on the screen, know that he will not answer any of your questions. You will just hear a vague story about how good everything is, and that there is still much to be done in this direction. All of these podcasts are useless for several reasons. Chris himself and most of the people at the company don't play the game (and don't know how to play it). Test servers will not solve the problem, they will only create a new one in the form of an additional load on the company's employees. Feedback from players is almost never collected. They think that multiple streamers can speak for the entire community (they don't!). The lack of real technical support for the game! (and not bots telling how they transferred something somewhere). Please start fixing the real gameplay issues (which you caused in Patch 3.15). Return normal charges to flasks. Restore normal strength to Support Gems. And if you really want to do something nice in the area of ​​balance, then pay attention to the groups of players running on delirium maps (aurabot, headhunter), and earning as much per day as 6 players individually will farm for a week. I apologize for my "English". It's really bad, but I hope you get the gist of what it says.

You are completely right. I can't understand why they don't want to hear us, do their own principles come first? Why can't Chris compromise, he talked about the new "masochist" mode. Leave it like it was before 3.15 for regular players, who's gonna feel bad about that? We're not robots, we're human beings first and foremost, and many of us have a lot to do besides playing games.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Last edited by spokipo on Aug 12, 2021, 7:52:15 PM
+1 to rollback 3.13
In the origins of PoE, Chris had to compromise.
People were heard and many players actively helped to solve many issues within the game.

Eight years came to pass and GGG grew by a lot. Now they have investors/shareholders and whatnot so Christ doesn't need to compromise anymore and gets his twisted "vision" put through.

[Removed by Support]

This podcast is nothing but a little stunt to make it seem like feedback is relevant.

In eight years enjoying PoE and following it up close, I've never seen so much disagreement and general distaste in this community regarding the development direction.
"Get your magic find characters ready!"
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Aug 12, 2021, 8:32:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info