Baeclast Podcast featuring Preach

I would love for ggg to remove all qol they did over the years for the first month of a league, we will see how little that was then.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
preach the guy that left a sinking ship and always pretended that cared about the casual raid scene.
Don't be a poe stan. Use your fucking brain.

GGG please don't bombard us with streamers, podcasts, organize some official event and fix your game.
"
jackof8lades wrote:
I would love for ggg to remove all qol they did over the years for the first month of a league, we will see how little that was then.

You mean all the QOL we paid a huge price for to stand slightly above a 2000's game user experience ? Well, I can't wait to get my $150 tabs back then :)
Last edited by Dedisdead on Sep 9, 2021, 8:36:58 PM
I'm about halfway through, so far really enjoyable.
QOL updates are..... quite the challenge, and I do agree with the somewhat facetious response.

I've been playing through the FF pixel remasters and the major QOL change is autobattle, so I don't even have to do anything or think cause I just auto attack per round with the assigned commands. Similarly hacks to speed up the battles so it goes much faster, to the point that it is almost "here is a spreadsheet of what you obtained".

We have been so conditioned to things becoming automated and simply moving faster that there is a fundamental game design issue at hand. Vacuuming up everything is definitely nice. I would love that. But it's just another mundane thing that you just accept over time.

The issue is that ARPGs are stale in general.. min/max, deal with RNG.. when things overcome RNG, they get nerfed, at the highest end of content the build diversity becomes very narrow, but if content is too easy then people get bored quickly, but of course any build can overcome it.

My main issue isn't so much vacuuming items (though I'm pretty sure the servers process drops immediately and can combine currency which has been talked about.. so instead of a dozen scrolls of wisdom dropping you get one Scroll of Wisdom (12) drops or "meta builds" because that will always happen.

It's simply the drop rates of things like maps and other "progression" items which is made worse that it is balanced around trade for these things is horrible. I shouldn't have to buy my way through the atlas to reasonably progress. Everyone should be able to SSF through the atlas. It's one thing to not complete a map due to builds, it's another thing entirely to spend hours just to get new map progression. Reducing the map number is a positive step, but make sure the drop rates are still "good" that you can easily climb your way through as long as you can complete the content. You don't need RNG to progress through the campaign or even D2 to do the "hardest" content of running meph / baal / cow level runs. You just run them until you get bored. PoE has the issue (in my experience) of being stuck at a certain tier of maps because nothing drops any higher unless you spend mass currency juicing maps, even at the low level and you slowly fall behind unless you wander around clicking every rare to chaos recipe to buy more maps. It's really not fun. That's when I stop playing.

I feel non-uber non-tier 16 type maps and content should be easily SSF-able and not balanced around the idea that trade exists, while certainly keep the top end balanced around trade, so if someone wants to farm uber _____ then they have to purchase the items to do so.
Last edited by Mysticesper on Sep 9, 2021, 9:54:24 PM
I enjoyed watching his playthrough. But I also note that he himself agrees his challenge isn't realistic. Furthermore, while there are some players like him who values the journey, however long it takes; in this day and age, it is not realistic to expect players to be grinding like no lifers to experience the full game. Of course, I am not advocating for the game to swing to the other extreme. This is a delicate balance to be had.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Shovelcut wrote:
What a great podcast, I hope you're paying attention GGG. Dunno who Preach is but welcome to the community. :)

This'll get asked a bit I expect.

He was very well known as a WOW powergamer, streamer and guide creator. Even after quitting WOW some time back I kept an eye on Preach's stuff every now and again to see if the game was worth another look.

He'd often stream attempts at mythic raid bosses there.

He started POE going in completely blind - no tips, not even googling stuff. Last I saw he was approaching the 0 watchstone Baran fight.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
sirgog wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
What a great podcast, I hope you're paying attention GGG. Dunno who Preach is but welcome to the community. :)

This'll get asked a bit I expect.

He was very well known as a WOW powergamer, streamer and guide creator. Even after quitting WOW some time back I kept an eye on Preach's stuff every now and again to see if the game was worth another look.

He'd often stream attempts at mythic raid bosses there.

He started POE going in completely blind - no tips, not even googling stuff. Last I saw he was approaching the 0 watchstone Baran fight.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant I had never heard of him before seeing this podcast. Watched it the other day just by chance. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Dedisdead wrote:
Nice, maybe someday you'll stop stepping behind D2's shadow and finally overcome your outdated UI and QOL standards. For a game developped for 10 years, seeing those aspects falling far behind Last Epoch's beta is pretty embarrasing . . .

One of the best podcast by the way. His reaction to item weight is priceless ! Your relentless obstination to make all the worst aspects of D2 an idol to worship (simply because of crystallized childhood memories you can't overcome) poisons your game more and more each league.

thats so accurate i cant even begin to...

last epoch came like a hammer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info