Baeclast Podcast featuring Preach

like the point about hitting builds with nerfs from about 8 different angles, agree so strongley it gets to me so much that you cant even forget the league and play your character in standard as it is so broken its pointless and all that investment in time and crafting is just thrown away, vexed vexed vexed. I also like to play Eve online and one of the main reasons it has a steady following, your investment over time is not discarded.

change leagues sure but at least leave standard alone so we can still enjoy what we have made and invested in.
this is very interesting
By the way, the game is bad now.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.
"
Mysticesper wrote:

It's simply the drop rates of things like maps and other "progression" items which is made worse that it is balanced around trade for these things is horrible. I shouldn't have to buy my way through the atlas to reasonably progress. Everyone should be able to SSF through the atlas. It's one thing to not complete a map due to builds, it's another thing entirely to spend hours just to get new map progression. Reducing the map number is a positive step, but make sure the drop rates are still "good" that you can easily climb your way through as long as you can complete the content. You don't need RNG to progress through the campaign or even D2 to do the "hardest" content of running meph / baal / cow level runs. You just run them until you get bored. PoE has the issue (in my experience) of being stuck at a certain tier of maps because nothing drops any higher unless you spend mass currency juicing maps, even at the low level and you slowly fall behind unless you wander around clicking every rare to chaos recipe to buy more maps. It's really not fun. That's when I stop playing.

I feel non-uber non-tier 16 type maps and content should be easily SSF-able and not balanced around the idea that trade exists, while certainly keep the top end balanced around trade, so if someone wants to farm uber _____ then they have to purchase the items to do so.

I'm sorry, but it is very doable to progress SSF through the Atlas without much farming for special items... me and many many other SSF players do it every league. Map sustain wasn't an issue for me since Talisman league or something like that.
There's a little bump to overcome when u get to red maps, but thats mostly solved in 1-2 days of improving ur gear via farming some fossils, essences, harvest or Heists. (and I'm far from playing meta builds aswell)

U can't expect to do nothing but mapping and fly through the atlas without problems. All the other league mechanics are there for a reason and if u don't wanna do them, well that's where trade comes into play.
It's sad to see the same old crowd blasting the game and exaggerating lack of qol to a extreme lengths. Yes, improvements can be made, but there is a genuine chasm of quality between poe and other games. Last Epoch?! Give me a break, you can't compare a game with 95% less content, far fewer crafting options, no trade and a very small pool of item base types to poe. Yes, deterministic crafting and auto pick up of materials are nice, but LE's loot and items have nothing on poe.

GGG keep at it and please, please, ignore the exaggerated nonsensical opinions
I really hope GGG take on board Preach’s comments. It is worth thinking of Preach’s play through as an independent in-depth review by an experienced professional gamer. I hope GGG recognise that someone experienced has come in without biases and preconceptions and observed a number of issues that are holding back an otherwise brilliant game and decide to fix them.

So much genuine feedback and discussion is lost in the noise created by arguments between white knight and jaded and angry players, take this as an opportunity to get some clarity around some pretty major issues.

GGG already owes Preach a lot as there are a huge bunch of new players in general who have started playing after his streams. Listen and try not to chase them away and recognise the opportunity this presents.
"
zzang wrote:
"
rafaelgxs wrote:
"
Dedisdead wrote:
Nice, maybe someday you'll stop stepping behind D2's shadow and finally overcome your outdated UI and QOL standards. For a game developped for 10 years, seeing those aspects falling far behind Last Epoch's beta is pretty embarrasing . . .

One of the best podcast by the way. His reaction to item weight is priceless ! Your relentless obstination to make all the worst aspects of D2 an idol to worship (simply because of crystallized childhood memories you can't overcome) poisons your game more and more each league.

thats so accurate i cant even begin to...

last epoch came like a hammer

Now i will give Last Epoch an honest try this made me real curious.

its great, really
and the craft system is WAYYYYYY simplified and better
much more intuitive also
(and ive been playing poe since 2013)
i am happy Preach did come to PoE and i hope he will stay, a new prospective on the game is needed, not to mention his struggles as a blind beginner but at the same time a pro player, GGG had a free proffesional pion of view not to be waisted.
"
mancic wrote:
i am happy Preach did come to PoE and i hope he will stay, a new prospective on the game is needed, not to mention his struggles as a blind beginner but at the same time a pro player, GGG had a free proffesional pion of view not to be waisted.

wasted*

professional*

opinion*

perspective*
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
just release player base statistics, how many people have you lost via your changes in terms of player base comparison - hours played to players leaving - how many of the players are afk in towns or bases because they don't count as players like the best way to avoid bad publicity is straight honesty if you think your changes are bread and butter release a in-depth statistic showing how your changes are impacting your player base aka your patch's.

it's easy to take a new player and throw them into a game, its hard to listen to feed back from people who have played for 2 + years, i'm very aware there are still strong builds that cant die that have a billion DPS but its asides the point to you culled play styles - builds - that did work and maybe they were not the best to begin with but idk maybe people enjoyed them the only thing the players did wrong was choosing either a shit skill to begin with that had a smaller potential or pick a skill that got butchered, there's some skills that might normally be dog shit but the correct item layering flask layering makes it viable they will be the exception in normal circumstances there's just jacked skills that are 10X better and can be pushed further then there counterparts why do you bother to put shit skills that have less of a potential so players can invest into it to find out its dog shit what the fucks the point base-line your dev teams out of touch.

i'm 100% sure if every skill was able to be pushed into a respectable late game were it was viable and for min-maxing purposes could be pushed it would be pushed but when your throwing a 10km per hour car in comparison to a 100km per hour car then your like well here's a 300km per hour car no one is gonna be drawn to the lesser they would all funnel to wards the more if they knew how to obtain it and or assemble it in some cases they very well would and then again thanks " i don't want to tell players how they should play there builds "

the level of divide between skills is massive your not being rewarded for your time in the sense if i went and bought a 400 dollar car for example i could modify that car to preform as well as a super car given the right investment but in poe logic a 400 dollar car might just be a 400 dollar car for ever feels balanced.

when chriss jumps on stream and says some skills wont be able to do end game content, and turns and says well we don't want to tell you how to play your builds your telling us with out telling us to play the good skills that can be pushed further.

if your to watch the amount of times chriss jumps on stream since 3.15 and just purely look at the amount of times he contradicts him self from stream to stream its insane.
Last edited by 2Nuns1Cup on Sep 11, 2021, 11:16:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info