Will Sentinel Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

Best league since years doesnt go core? WTF
Its like Blizzard when they detect fun.

You should embrace the idea, let us combine unique items.

Not gonna play without recombiners, because crafting would waste my time and without crafting the Game wastes my time.

I hope more countrys bann gambling Games, because PoE becomes one of them.
Last edited by Ikzme on Jul 19, 2022, 3:55:17 AM
Good decision

1. Sentinels are way too rewarding

2. Alters the core gameplay loop quite a bit since you have to actively play around them like grouping mobs for the Pandemonium Sentinel

3. They make it really awkward to gauge difficulty of a given map or enemy
"
ArtaEva wrote:
So Recombinators go, meaning Harvest stays. ( I hope harvest will have drastic changes than.)
I hope that they'll really come back with changes, as functionality of those added more value to dropped/crafted items than any other mechanic that tryed so.
Back to picking only couple of needed bases i suppose, and hitting that harvest one hand bandit till you burn out of doing so for what is it 2 years already?. (Especially with high % rates that players can get now).

I'm scared for Harvest to be truthful, if GGG makes them tradeable like using the Einhar orbs on beasts to capture them; then, there's a grim reality that GGG is going to nerf the chance of seeing the crafts that we really need to account for trade and with how easy it is to spawn Harvest either with league blocking or with Zana map mods.

I checked out your characters, and you have a ton of SSF experience, so I don't really need to say much.

Prefixes / Suffixes cannot be changed reforges.
Augment Influence / Remove Non-Influence Add Influence.
Regular Augment Life / Fire / Cold etc.
Frequency of Ersi / Janaar / Namharim
There are probably other really great rare crafts that I'm missing, but I'm tired.

I'm worried that SSF players will have to grind extra hard to see these if at all. I truly hope I'm wrong, and we'll get an amazing Harvest update that will benefit us, but I'm already prepared for the worst to happen to Harvest which I don't want to happen.

The one scenario I hope happens is that we keep the same frequency of crafts, and we can store harvest crafts with an orb from Oshabi, so we're not burdened with only storing 10-15 Harvest crafts to use and save because I doubt we're ever going to go back to our pre-nerfed Harvest.

nevermind
Fairgraves 1:21 Naked came I out of the sea, and naked shall I return thither; GGG hath given, and GGG hath taken away
Last edited by Thajarin on Jul 19, 2022, 3:51:55 AM
:(

I loved this league!
Really simple mechanic and adds a very fun crafting/gambling option.

Please bring it back!
Good to hear.

Sentinel was a fun league but I'm tired of it. Too much micromanaging and looting and too good not to do it. Oh and all the hassle to get the juice out of the pandemonium sentinels - don't even get me started.

Had a blast grinding the new challenges tho and really appreciate the cool rewards!

Recombinators I have mixed feelings about. I had no doubt they would get nerfed (moving fractured mods and armour-type specific mods amongst other things was wayy too strong) but it's a bit sad to see them go completely (for now).

Thanks for a great league looking forward to the next!
Last edited by Medifri on Jul 19, 2022, 4:20:00 AM
WHERE ULTIMATUM ANNOUNCE
When I saw the trailer for the Sentinel league, my first thought = nothing special. And then... in my life, I would never say that I will spend three full months playing PoE because there were better leagues in the past and I never lasted more than 6 weeks. Recombinators are what made it happen.

With them, so many things we find in the game finally become useful. Fracture items, Alva items, Jun item mods, Delve item mods ... all of them can be the basis for creating something very good. And it's all thanks to recombinants. And you don't even need a high ilvl item because you can combine boots ilvl 78 with ilvl 90 and you will receive ilvl 86 (T1 MS)

I understand that GGG has reasons not to introduce them permanently yet, but it's hard for me to imagine that the next league will beat this one in terms of how much time I have spent. I have been playing PoE since 2012 and it has never happened that I have played a single league for 3 months of time. Mostly I played 4-6 weeks and then let it go.

To sum up. Even if the next league will be same good like Delve, Breach, Legacy league were there is little chance that I would spend as much time on it as with recombinators.
Dear GGG,

Also would like to make a post about this decision.

For the Sentinels - honestly up to you. Its a fun mechanic, but just a farming mechanics, nothing really special was adding.

But for the recombinators - i remember when Chris was saying, that he is interested, that gamers should pick up the yellow drop on the maps. And i agree with this, because before there was no real reason to pick it up, like for the last 4 leagues after Week 3 of the league i was simply switching off all rare drops, as they worth nothing, if it is not influenced base 86+.

And then you have implemented this mechanic, and first time i was really investing time in filtering the rare bases and rare items to pick up, stash organizing and preparing for fun crafting with making some good and interesting outcome for that.

And now you decide to remove it, with the same wording - it is too powerfull, it is replacing the other mechanics, and etc in the way of doing it. So instead of implementing the power loss of this mechanic:

- Giving the chance that the items will be destroyed
- Reduce the chances of the "Sentinel" mod.
- Giving higher chance that the item/mod will be reduced in its level.

And no, i would extremely against if you will implement again the system, that it cannot be used on influenced/synthesised/fractured items.

This is my opinion. Lets see if this will change something.
[Removed by Support] Bad decision to take recombinators out of the game. Not even bothered about 3.19 at this point. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Jul 19, 2022, 4:56:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info