Will Sentinel Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

Synthesis mechanics?
Fun except when they crash to desktop and your character remains in-game (dead).
Recombinators?
Way too powerful. People with time/motivation, know-how, and lots of resources craft mirror-tier items while the rest of us quit. Very bad for the longevity of the game.
Uber-ubers?
Boring.

New skills when?
For the Recombinators : just add them to the reward pool of the next league mechanic, without change.
Last edited by GKPlight on Jul 19, 2022, 5:57:53 AM
Indifferent about recombinator as I haven't been using them this league. Yes they were busted in some cases such as smuggling 100% IGD mod onto a Vaal Regalia, smuggling spell suppression onto ES bases or crafting multiple-fractured items.

But Sentinel league mechanic? I wish it replaced god damn tormented spirits already.
Tormented spirits is ancient and useless.
Sentinel does the same thing, but better.

Instead of having physical items and talent tree you'd randomly encounter a sentinel in a map that would follow you and buff stuff (giving them quant and rewards). You could add a few clusters on the atlas passive tree such as sentinels empower 100% more monsters, bonus chance to spawn sentinels, sentinels have increased empowerment strength. And replace tormented spirit scarab with Sentinel scarab that guarantees 1/2/3/4 sentinels in a given map.

Sentinels are reduced to just 1 type - stalker sentinel. Click on it and it will start following you around, you will see the icon with # of enemies it's able to empower in the same spot you see it now.

I would bring them back in this manner.
It was boring, always toughth Sentinel wouldn't go core.

Too simple.
Last edited by Gackuto on Jul 19, 2022, 6:33:39 AM
Nice!
Oh no!! We very very love combinator, pls let it go into core!
after the super harvest nerf, this craft method put us in other days of glory.. recombinators craft are not cheap like was the first harvest, but they allow to create new kinda of items..

aaaand as we all knew.. you don't like to see us happy of something too much..

Result: bye bye recombs :)
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Last edited by Hitma47 on Jul 19, 2022, 8:04:27 AM
Totally not surprised and honestly I think it's a good decision.

First and foremost, running with sentinels while it's not the fresh and main mechanic of the league would be too much.
Blue sentinels are incompatible with specific builds and while sentinels are a rewarding mechanic they should be usable for everyone. The alternative is making them something one can opt-in to run while sacrificing some other more or less equivalent farming method.
Yellow sentinels were underwhelming the whole league. They need a buff or they can simply be just removed.

The second part are recombinators. While crafting insane gear is not for everyone, everyone is impacted by the overall power level in the challenge league. The higher the power level, the easier and faster it is to farm 100% Deli maps, bosses, anything. The faster it is, the more profit per hour it's making. The more profit, the more incentive to buy the boss fragments, the deli orbs, etc. The more incentive, the higher the prices.
So, everyone who is selling recombinators, not even using them, who is playing 10 hrs a week, 20 hrs a week is being hurt by the average power level being higher cause he's being outcompeted by the top-end players. It's healthier to create a reasonable limit on how crazy items made by recombinators could be.
Sadge
This was the first truly fun league after delirium.
Overpowered or not, made me play up to the 40 challenges and 2 months in.
I thinks it's a bad decision to remove it, and my thoughts are exactly as palsteron video. So many old, outdated and not interesting leagues in game and you decide to remove a decent one?
Chris, we do understand that you don't like the power of recombinators, tone them down. Indded they were useful I picked up alot more yellows.
Why leave metamorphose, tormented spirits, rogues, etc? Because they are useless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info