Will Sentinel Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

Hello GGG

What about the crafts that were only accessible by using recombinators ?

Will they be removed, like:

2-4 added fire dmg pr 10 str, on boots

I would assume they would be removed, but i wouldnt mind having my assumption confirmed or denied :)

/ J
As a player that was away from the game for long years , due to having to improve in my job and overall in my IRL , I came back to PoE Last League. While it was okay-ish , I find the Sentinel League to be much more entertaining and that is MAINLY due to Recombinators. As many have stated , Recombs made the unused TONS of item drops on the ground actually worth collecting and identifying. Also for real the recombinators make it possible for people that are working and not able to spend as much time in the game to craft some item which might not be god-like , but lets say a good high tier item.
Trying to learn all the different methods of crafting is a very hard and long process and without using Third-Party sites and guides it is almost impossible, and so many people prefer to skip that and just hack and slash and try to buy items instead of craft. Having 80% of the players each league to end up with 10-15 exalts farmed overall ... that is just sad.

BUT , Having Recombinators , might actually make you engage in learning other crafting methods or if not , at least find bases , buy bases , recombine , be either happy or not with the results its also kind of gamble.
And lets be honest , the chances of getting PERFECT item with Recombinators is still rather low. Yes , very strong items can be created that way , but they still cost a lot and are not easily obtainable, yet the mechanic was super interesting and leads to many different ideas and setups.

I had also finally started to theory craft myself about builds and stuff for the coming league , knowing that with Recombs so many stuff are possible .
Now that you stated you will be removing them , I am once again close to just stop playing PoE, because even though I know GGG Listens to their hardcore community , the idea of a GAME is to entertain people and make them happy.

So in the end , next league we will once again have some Craft-GURU groups holding the market, keep doing their monopoly stuff , and us the regular players which are not able to play as much ... will just suffer from that.

Recombinators made so many people keep playing this league for so long and not just rush some challenges or end-game content and leave and wait for 2 months for the next league to come.

If you desire is to have that gameplay , where players come and play for a month and then take 2 months break ... then fine , remove everything fun and nice . And indeed people here are right , why is even Torment or Rogue in the game ? Metamorph ? These three I feel are totally useless the way they are right now , and there are such a tiny bit of people that are playing these mechanics.

I am upset and sad ... because of these news. The final decision is yours , I remember in the begining of the league when players were alarming and reporting the super unbalanced Archnemesis Mods GGG said :
"You have spoken, and we hear you !"

Lets see if this will be the case or you are saying this for real or just as a cool phrase.
"
Recombinators won't drop anymore, but the existing ones will continue to work in Standard and will become progressively more scarce as they are consumed

Because you posted this now, instead of league end, you have singlehandedly caused prices of recombinators to skyrocket. People are jumping on this bandwagon to hoard them to sell off in standard.

Great job. /sarcasm
Thank god. I hated managing the sentinels constantly picking up new and using them for a few seconds and making new sentinels etc.

Recombinators were op af but sentinel was plain boring.

Most of my teammates also got bored of managing the sentinels
Oooh no i m so sad, empower monster is part of grind game when you can easy empower monster you know you have step up the build, and the rewards are so cool with rng like ggg want the game.
Maybe withe decrease drop of recombinator we can see sentinel again ? please
I am kinda sad to see this since this was good for the economy.

I understand that they are powerful, but at least leave them in standard, please don't make us wait like we wait for the ultimatum.

why? i liked this league, i mean i still am playing.. normally i am bored like within a month, maybe because i skipped 3.17 o well let's see what nerves 3.19 will bring
i dont like criticizing, but this is a true shame. We have changes to rares that was mostly harmful to the game (meaning: they are way more complex with no true need to it and some are build breaking) and no one was asking about, but we wont have a mechanic that was quite healthy for the game in terms of making more and more bases and affixes usable (aka making rares interesting again).

Well, as usual, i dont understand any of this decision. I like the fact that ggg is quite talkative to us, but sometimes its really hard to understand these decisions. It doesnt make any sense. Its not game breaking as harvesting, not in a tiny bit.

F.
the next league better involve something around crafting if we dont get recombs back.
Get rid of all Sentinel, super boring mechanic. Thanks
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info