fps drops and overall poor performance

last league i didnt play much cause i hated the mechanics, but the game itself ran flawlessly. and has for the past few leagues. this league, though, not only is my overall performance poor with 20-30 less fps than i had before in large fights, even with lowered gfx settings and in all rendering modes... but i also have frequent times where my frametimes or SOMETHING is fucking up cause the game to become a slideshow with 1-2 fps despite reporting 120+. and it remains this way until i reload the game or sometimes can get it to stop by going fullscreen and back to windowed fullscreen. i have had this with directx and vulcan both, though it seems more common with vulcan, but the fullscreen/windowed fix seems to be more reliable with vulcan.

either way, never had this problem with the game before, and combined with my overall fps loss this league, something got borked.
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2024, 2:26:10 AM
right. and also i have random missing textures, flickering textures, and other oddities such as this.

i am having similar issues with my gpu going to 90 percent all the time had to drop my settings to low on alot. idk if support will help you at all but take heart that its probably not your hardware. i have a 2080 ti and its just very poor performance lately. i think early league was even better then this.
here is a pic of when this starts rendering the game unplayable, and the secon image shows it returning to normal after i fullscreen then go back to windowed full.

my gfx card is a radeon 590. not top of the line, but 165 fps with max settings is standard for my system, dropping to 120 when things get hectic enough. this league dropping below 70 is normal, and that 79 reported in the first screen is a lie, it was about 5 fps i was seeing.
I also have huge FPS drops, but somehow, the FPS indicator in the game is saying it's still 60
I am on lowest settings possible, and yet, when there are more than 10 mobs, it's barely playable.

My PC specs are 32GB Ram, RTX 2070, i7-9700K
I am using the client since I live in Taiwan (btw, why Taiwan cannot use Steam?)

Anyone from GGG can help us for those FPS drops?
3.21 has caused a lot of issues for a lot of people. I can't even use vulkan anymore without graphical flickers and random lights flashing all over my screen. I have pretty good hardware 5800x3d a 3070, at 1440p this game can't even hit 100fps sometimes in towns and in maps the fps goes from 60-150 depending on density. I have rolled back windows, drivers, deleted the game, and even cleared the roaming appdata. This game is just getting more and more messed up each content release. It's like the game wants to implode.

last few leagues ran perfectly. something was borked with this patch
might be tricky to do this map.

Facing the same issue and i got RTX 2080 + i5 9600 k + 16 GB DDR 4 3000Mhz and game on SSD.
I tryed many fixes but not any worked.
just a bump in case anyone found an actual fix for this, or failing that a VERY slim hope ggg will take note and look into this.

edit - just to reiterate... last several leagues ran perfectly. something changed that is causing these fps drops
Last edited by Stormy_Fairweather on Apr 24, 2023, 2:18:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info