fps drops and overall poor performance

I've also started experiences huge performance issues lately, can barely move around my hideout without my entire pc feeling like its giving out.

game used to run perfectly fine constant 60-80fps on default settings now I cant even play :(

(not having any issues with other games either)
Well, this is interesting - I didn't expect that other people would have had the same issues.

I've never had problems with PoE running smoothly - and even though my favourite mechanic (blight) tends to create some slowdowns, it's never been anything that would impact on my gameplay.

Since 3.21, I've had moments where blight has caused a literal slideshow even with dynamic culling and dynamic resolution enabled (and aiming at 30fps!).

I get that blight is a lot of on-screen action all at once, but the slowdowns are new (and the deaths related not appreciated!).

I'll be interested to see if there's an awareness of this by GGG.
"
I get that blight is a lot of on-screen action all at once, but the slowdowns are new (and the deaths related not appreciated!).

I have similar problem when I'm doing expeditions.

Despite the game displaying high fps (~140) and low ping(~10ms), sometimes it feels like I have way less fps than the graph displays, my actions are significantly delayed and the game feels as if I'm playing on lockstep with 200ms+ ping (I'm using predictive networking setting to reduce input delay). Just as if I had temporal chains effect on me, but it's not caused by in-game mechanics.

This specific problem doesn't occur when I'm doing any other content, even when there are many more monsters spawned on the map(maybe it would be happening to me during blight as well but I just don't do blight, I would have to check).

Some other problem that I have is that I can't play on lockstep setting this league because it also feels like playing with extra 200ms delay, I didn't have this problem in the past.

Another problem that I experience - flickering ground textures when many monsters spawn and there is lots of effects on the screen during ritual altars.

I play on DirectX12 renderer if that matters

Lowest settings

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti
RAM 32GB DDR4 2666 MHz
Last edited by 1xa on May 3, 2023, 11:33:58 PM
"
TamedTurtle wrote:
I've also started experiences huge performance issues lately, can barely move around my hideout without my entire pc feeling like its giving out.

game used to run perfectly fine constant 60-80fps on default settings now I cant even play :(

(not having any issues with other games either)

I've been having a similar issue, however my hideout seems to be the one safe place. My game runs at 144fps consistently, but it will randomly drop to "60" but stutters really bad, so definitely worse than 60. If I portal back to my hideout, it resets back to the 144, runs smoothly, and I can re-enter the area with no issue. But this bug happens at least once or twice a day, and I have yet to find anything that fixes it. And same as you, this only appears to be a PoE problem, not a PC/Steam problem.
i have i9-9900k and 2080TI and after that damned patch game now turned from stable 144fps(monitor refresh) to very unstable 30-50fps posted by Steam overlay, despite poe posting 90, it feels much more like 30
Last league everything was way better, I was playing on 1080ti with windowless fullscreen with stable 144fps.
Now I have 3080 and since 3.21 my fps drops to 90-100 every like 10 seconds or whenever I use skills with lot of projectiles (i was using gloves with Word of Spite ench, and it was eating my fps like crazy)
I switched form windowless fullscreen to just fulscreen, frames got a little better and more stable, but sometimes its still drops to near 100.
ANY FIXXES???? CANT PLAY THE GAME I SWEAR ITS LAGGING SO HARD AND IM PLAYING TR BALLISTA PLS GGG HELP CANT PLAY
Well, so far, GGG has made the worst engine patch to date.

I mean yeah, they've done an engine patch... with 0 quality and optimization.

Just meh...
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Aug 19, 2023, 12:32:42 PM
same problem, big fps drops even on 60fps, normally i play 1440p 144hz with a 9700kf+3080 10gb, using DX11 is horrible, Vulkan and DX12 both suffer from the FPS drops, no matter if 144fps or 60fps, specially when encounter large mobpacks
Company makes engine "upgrade" for people to have better graphics, and people can't enjoy new graphics cause the game slows down to a crawl and people have to tune down graphics settings.

How - not - to make an engine upgrade, just roll it back since PoE2 will be a separate game anyway.

Performance in this game is much important then graphic bells and whistles.

Had to move to Series X to play this properly without worrying my PC would explode. The Series S can't handle it properly either.
Last edited by guilhaz81 on Sep 5, 2023, 6:31:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info