fps drops and overall poor performance

same problem
same much worse last patch
So it does indeed look like there's issues with PoE rendering that haven't been addressed.

I have the same issue as well, fps would love to drop whenever monsters did something, it's caused me so many deaths already.

The best suggestion I can give guys is to switch from DX11 to either Vulkan or DX12. They render and load much more slowly during the first instances of a map/zone, but FPS almost doesn't drop, so at least you can keep running around the map until all resources have loaded.

That's my current band aid I can give towards this problem if anyone else is having the same issues right now.

CPU: i5-9400F
GPU: GTX1660s
RAM: 16GB 2400Hz
Vulkan just died for me today while i was working on extra fan on my pc ...
Bump

Can't level anymore, I have to die like twice on each map until it loads all the textures to run smoothly. It seems like every time I encounter some new texture I get the FPS dropped to 1. I get one tileset and run it, but some random league mechanic appears and I'm dead.

r3600/16gb/3080ti and the graphical quality does not matter, it stutters the same with the highest as well as the lowest settings.

Hope this helps a bit, I really want to not be lvl80
Same here, i remember that graphically speaking for me everything started to get worse when they removed the option to remove bloom effects cause of the "vision", after that i changed my GPU to an RX6700, not top of the line but it should get the job done, just made a few more tests with it and with a T14 blue and activating an Abyss, poof, 45fps, and I'm not even getting bottlenecked.
"
miloop wrote:
Bump

Can't level anymore, I have to die like twice on each map until it loads all the textures to run smoothly. It seems like every time I encounter some new texture I get the FPS dropped to 1. I get one tileset and run it, but some random league mechanic appears and I'm dead.

r3600/16gb/3080ti and the graphical quality does not matter, it stutters the same with the highest as well as the lowest settings.

try to delete the path of exile files in user/documents/mygames , after i did it i had no issue with low fps despite i ran the game on i3 4130 // 750TI (f an update, will wait for a free 30X0)

be cleaning hiden files of games (over 1go)game runs so smooth, for one day,

then back to 1 dps

so there is some ppl with lacency issues from GGG

and us, who cannot play at all because who can play poe with less than 20 fps? (Well i do cuz im used to, but it is a disaster :) )

Fix your game optimization GGG, we know its the shit particule engine since end of 2.21 who is the issue :)
I also have this problem.
"
johnnylove94 wrote:
"
miloop wrote:
Bump

try to delete the path of exile files in user/documents/mygames , after i did it i had no issue with low fps despite i ran the game on i3 4130 // 750TI (f an update, will wait for a free 30X0)

be cleaning hiden files of games (over 1go)game runs so smooth, for one day,

then back to 1 dps

so there is some ppl with lacency issues from GGG

and us, who cannot play at all because who can play poe with less than 20 fps? (Well i do cuz im used to, but it is a disaster :) )

Fix your game optimization GGG, we know its the shit particule engine since end of 2.21 who is the issue :)

Particle engines are very troublesome. It should be an option to disable it.
I noticed a strange drop in fps in this league. I use a build through a splitting steel, when I enter the map and clear half of the map, my fps drops to 40-50, if I stop and wait a few minutes, 3-4 minutes the fps gradually returns to 58-60. I have no idea why this is happening. At the moment the FPS drops, a gradual load on the processor is noticeable; if when entering the map, the delay is 8-10 ms; as you progress through the map, the delay increases to 25 ms. I also tried to play on a different build for the standard league, the result was much better even with a very strong pack size of monsters and delirium, 80% FPS and CPU latency did not decrease. Perhaps this happens on abilities with a large number of projectiles and hits. I forgot to note that at the moment the FPS drops and before it comes back, the shaders are not loaded; if there was a loading of shaders, this could be attributed to this, but here is something else
Last edited by Bigozerki1 on Apr 7, 2024, 7:52:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info