What will happen when the Trial of the Ancestors ends?

Best league ever in the history of PoE for me. Glad I could enjoy it at least this long. Hopefully it will be reintroduced at a later date.
I think not letting this go core is a big mistake. The mechanic could easily be added to the game in it's current state pretty much without any tweaks and offers a type of gameplay not found elsewhere like Sanctum and Delve. Yes, there are dedicated builds that can cheese the content, but so is the case with Sanctum and Delve. I certainly hope that TotA will eventually find its way into the core game.
By far the longest I've played a league, hell I leveled 2 characters to 98 from 65 just in ToTA and another to 100. Was by far the best league in a very long time for me. RIP the dream of league starting ToTA build ;(
Last edited by Archaide on Nov 20, 2023, 2:24:27 AM
"
Pleasured wrote:
Easy mirrors for jenebu if locks = mirror.

valueless rmt standard locks, shocking hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Nov 20, 2023, 2:22:59 AM
This is honestly the the dumbest thing since adding Archnemesis to core. I haven't had this much fun in a league in ages. I must of done at least 3000 coins or more.

The whole mechanic is amazing!!

- You can level a character to 100
- You can get decent loot + upgrades
- Tattoos are very nice and build defining
- The locks are great end game chase items
- The projectile tattoo can be made a bit more rare if you think its too OP

Yes the mechanic can be trolled with certain builds but honestly people are still playing the game and loving it. Why take that away?

Anyways i think this is a massive blunder - same as not taking Ultimatum core.
i enjoy TOTA league and tattoo idea.. please have it in any way possible.. u no need to have it as core but give option to play TOTA as a side quest and have chance to drop tattoo
This is a shame. The tattoos helped so much in solving gear builds. Especially when you are low on budget. The tota mechanic was so so but tattoos not going core is a real shame.
"
Sukhoi_01 wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:
uhh so we won't have tattoos in 3.23? wtf?

goodbye stun immunity

goodbye flask sustain on non-pf builds

goodbye sacrifice builds

goodbye triattribute stackers

goodbye shatter builds

goodbye onslaught

goodbye fortify

goodbye mana stacking

goodbye melding for right side builds

goodbye more stuff that were enabled by the tattoos

league mechanic was 2/10

tattoos and omens were 10/10 (except projectile tattoos and the flask effect tattoo)

but this decision is 0/10. tattoos and omens could be added to the core pool via legion war hoards, delirium layers, delve nodes, blight chests and so many more things without needing to add ancestor mechanic to the core game

shame, but what can I say, common ggg L

and the fact that locks and tattoos are going to the standard is even a bigger L. better announce a good, in-map league mechanic because I really want to be around

go ahead and remove my comment for being "needlessly negative", what about your needlessly awful decisions?

i agree tota should go core, but all of those builds and things existed before...

yeah, with waaaaaaaaaaaaay higher opportunity costs where it's not even worth going for anymore

two builds I wanted to play next league, explosive trap raider and dark pact necro are simply dead without the tattoos. dark pact necro needs minion life tattoos to gain dps and get rid of the excess int for rational doctrine and explosive trap raider needs flask duration tattoos for permanent flask sustain and stun immunity tattoos, sure I can play them without the tattoos and I've already played these builds before, but why should I bother? I'll just play a meta build or skip the league

there are so many builds that became strong enough to compete with the meta builds, only because of the tattoos, now they're all weaker and not powerful enough to pique my interest

as I said, they could nerf projectile and flask effect tattoos, then add tattoos to the core drop pool via stuff like war hoards and blight chests, then everyone would be happy and the build diversity would be at its highest. but yeah, it's ggg, so no fun allowed around here
Didn't even try league mechanic a single time cause it looked very non-poe spirit, was just selling coins. Wasn't interested in the mechanic so won't miss it. Although the tattoos might be slightly sad to see them go.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Personally, I'm glad the mechanic isn't making it to core and as for tattoes it's part of their borrowed power strategy. Personal relics in Sanctum, weapon passive trees in Crucible, mirrored rings in Kalandra and so on all give a good chunk of power but don't make it core even if the mechanic does (Sanctum).

This gives us new power every league to play with but doesn't power creep the whole game permanently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info