What will happen when the Trial of the Ancestors ends?

Really enjoyed Ancestor league, sad to see it not going core. Tattoos were great for further improving builds. A real bummer.
I'm just as excited for the 2024 Core Supporter Packs, and the new Affliction league packs
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Tattoos were a great addition to the game.

Also just because there are overpowered tattoos, doesn't mean that others were not well balanced.

Without the stun avoidance tattoos my build will struggle with quality of life next league.

Tattoos for each ailment avoidance would fix so many builds without overpowering anything.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it returns in 3.24! The mechanic and the tattoos are waaay to good to get rid of
Ahw no tattoos in core?
Had really good hopes for it, too bad.
Hopefully they are still inspiration for something in the upcoming league
Despairge

What was the last league mechanic to go core right after the league ended anyway?

It's a shame that all of these amazing ideas just get shelved and forgotten.

Maybe I'm just uninformed. Is it by design that none of the leagues go core or is it a decision based on metrics after release? I really want to understand what goes into this decision.

I understand that stuff like flying drones from Sentinel don't fit the motif - I get it. With all of the Trial of the Ancestors lore, world building and character development though, what happened here?

It could be that it's a manpower thing, too, I guess...

These nail-biter posts about leagues going core are a bit pointless nowadays, eh?
eternal orbs 2.0 here we go
This should go core :( Great league design, tattoos are so cool.

Idk why GGG are always against fun with this type of changes.
Last edited by ksanat0s on Nov 19, 2023, 5:09:02 PM
What a shame, really. So much for any build diversity we had as a result of tattoos.
*Never forgetting how good this game looked at 32:9 instead of 1/3 of my screen being black bars.*
What a massive disappointment to not make Tota and Tattoos a core feature.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info