Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Affliction

Explain Awakened Spell Echo please...lol...A.K.A. BLINK??? Hurry, my nose is bleeding!
"
DarkenX wrote:
"
phatschtuff wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Anyone who has any common sense or basic math knowledge will understand how much of a monumental nerf this is if you compare these new gems with the PoB values.

Nerfs just one league after another.

Removed all the alt gems.

Removed all the useful enchants.

Changed the existing gems in ways that end up overall being less dps.

Don't worry, we added some new gems with slight differences in their mechanics so that will make up for everything you lost.

Oh and the new ascendancies that Standard players don't even get until the devs decide it goes core.

All this will make up for everything you lost. Is no one else seeing what's happening?

I do see. Everyone who has eyes and half of a brain does see that. But what do you expect? Tencent is catering towards NEW PLAYERS <3, begging pleb coming and going in waves every 4 weeks, so they could run in their donated rags which they bought MTX for. Every 4 weeks new MTX's sell, as new pleb is coming ;-) Notice how they NEVER nerf early game, only endgame. It's a reward for you, for being persistent, loyal and knowledgeble about the game. And what said pleb has to say about it ... oh, I know: POG !!!

As someone who's been following since Alpha and played since CBT, nah, they're catering to those of us who ENJOY BALANCE.

But go on, keep imagining that your conspiracy theories are correct. It makes for a good laugh and a good read. :)

Well, 1st of all, glad it made someone laugh:-) Really. There's always 1 innit?
As for conspiracy theories, idk, I bet you neither know the origin/genesis of the term where it was used first, and how it backfired at those who coined the term, one is sure though - you don't really even have an intuitive sense of when to use it ... do you ;-)
As for playing since closed beta ... this is not my first account lad.
But I see a lot of 50-60 lvls at yours. You really do live up to you word and enjoy balance :-)
Oh, and do type POG for me please!
What's the point of removing the identity of a Support gem and replacing it with something else like ICE BITE: Deals Increased DMG to Frozen Enemies now just deals Increased DMG Per FRENZY CHARGE?
I don't understand, what does quality do for Exsanguinate now? Increased skill effect removed while blah blah base duration increased. Quality is replaced with nothing? Hello?
is it intentional that Static Strikes Quality isn't effecting the displayed .32 beam frequency? Usually changed gems fully display their changes in these previews.

Or is this going to be one of those classic cases where it ships not actually having any effect only to be bug reported for 4 or 5 leagues only to be "fixed" by making the bugged state "official"

Aka: Charged Dash and many other niche and underutilized skills that GGG leaves to languish and die.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
alhazred70 wrote:
is it intentional that Static Strikes Quality isn't effecting the displayed .32 beam frequency? Usually changed gems fully display their changes in these previews.

Or is this going to be one of those classic cases where it ships not actually having any effect only to be bug reported for 4 or 5 leagues only to be "fixed" by making the bugged state "official"

Aka: Charged Dash and many other niche and underutilized skills that GGG leaves to languish and die.

Beam frequency on static strike was originally an alternate quality gem, it works just fine, and the .32 is the base frequency, the increased frequency affix is increasing the base frequency, not changing it.
all i want to see is cast on melee skill with

Supported Melee Attacks will Trigger a Supported Spell on Kill
(removed)Supported Spells have (20-39)% more Spell Damage
(new) damage and aoe mods that apply to linked attacks also apply to linked
spells

You cannot Cast Supported Triggerable Spells directly

thats all
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Dec 6, 2023, 6:53:05 AM
the fact that they decided to nerf non-meta skills like dark pact and explosive concoction without even realizing it really shows ggg's understanding of their own game.

going full blizzard, eh? changing stuff when you don't quite understand what should be changed in the first place? I guess this is what happens when design changes are made by people who aren't actually playing the game or have never played the builds in question.

for some reason though, some skills/archetypes never get the short end of the stick. makes you wonder.
Hi GGG i got some questions about Herald of purity. There is a reduce in minion does damage from 130% to 100% at level 21 gem. What about the minions base damage? The sentinels. Can you help me understand if there has been changes in their base damage and their skills damage too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info