Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Affliction

"
lol

+1 proj on regular gem for TS
+2 from Qual on TS

TS just got 3 proj at 20q which should be easy to get later mid game

what? base TS didn't gain any extra projectiles and the new quality bonus is only .1 per quality, not .2 per quality. It gained a total of one extra projectile, which is offset by the loss of helm enchants until you get something to give you bonus quality
Last edited by Kanjiedge on Dec 5, 2023, 10:20:01 AM
rip vortex instant cast :(
"
CthulhuMaster wrote:
I'm lost here, the cyclone gem in the reveal post is the regular one or the transfigured one. I must be on something, but the cyclone description in the post with the first transfigured gems batch, and this one is almost the same.

The cyclone gem that has all the phases removed, is going to be a transfigured version then? Or was scrapped?

the cyclone without stages is the base version (it scales aoe with strike range)
the one with stages that give a lot of aspd is transfigured
What's going to happen with gems that have been removed from the game? Like item quantity support?
Conversion trap back to the menu boys!
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Anyone who has any common sense or basic math knowledge will understand how much of a monumental nerf this is if you compare these new gems with the PoB values.

Nerfs just one league after another.

Removed all the alt gems.

Removed all the useful enchants.

Changed the existing gems in ways that end up overall being less dps.

Don't worry, we added some new gems with slight differences in their mechanics so that will make up for everything you lost.

Oh and the new ascendancies that Standard players don't even get until the devs decide it goes core.

All this will make up for everything you lost. Is no one else seeing what's happening?

I do see. Everyone who has eyes and half of a brain does see that. But what do you expect? Tencent is catering towards NEW PLAYERS <3, begging pleb coming and going in waves every 4 weeks, so they could run in their donated rags which they bought MTX for. Every 4 weeks new MTX's sell, as new pleb is coming ;-) Notice how they NEVER nerf early game, only endgame. It's a reward for you, for being persistent, loyal and knowledgeble about the game. And what said pleb has to say about it ... oh, I know: POG !!!
It looks like the intent in a lot of gems is to replace old default quality effects with their alternate quality effects if the default saw little use. I know trauma support is a newer gem, but I think most people who used it would have used divergent>default. Any chance this could get looked at again?
Why are you bullying the cyclone GGG? Bulling the dead is bad(
Last edited by qwertyuasd on Dec 5, 2023, 12:50:26 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Anyone who has any common sense or basic math knowledge will understand how much of a monumental nerf this is if you compare these new gems with the PoB values.

Don't worry, we added some new gems with slight differences in their mechanics so that will make up for everything you lost.

Oh and the new ascendancies that Standard players don't even get until the devs decide it goes core.

All this will make up for everything you lost. Is no one else seeing what's happening?

You have no idea why they are nerfing things, keep playing standard and complaining about things that have 0 impact on you.
"
phatschtuff wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

I do see. Everyone who has eyes and half of a brain does see that. But what do you expect? Tencent is catering towards NEW PLAYERS <3, begging pleb coming and going in waves every 4 weeks, so they could run in their donated rags which they bought MTX for. Every 4 weeks new MTX's sell, as new pleb is coming ;-) Notice how they NEVER nerf early game, only endgame. It's a reward for you, for being persistent, loyal and knowledgeble about the game. And what said pleb has to say about it ... oh, I know: POG !!!

As someone who's been following since Alpha and played since CBT, nah, they're catering to those of us who ENJOY BALANCE.

But go on, keep imagining that your conspiracy theories are correct. It makes for a good laugh and a good read. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info