Characters sent to void league on death should NOT be a map mod

"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Discussing hypotheticals can be interesting as long as they're not used as a tool to argue why a certain thing should never be a thing. I think it's a dishonest argument. Instead of arguing "I dont like voided being a modifier in optional, specially labeled T17 content" you are saying "I wouldnt like it if they added that to the base game" which is a different conversation. That is moving the goalpost at worst and pivoting at best

I disagree strongly with this. Anything that happens in the future is currently a "hypothetical". What you are saying here is that it is completely dishonest to prepare for a potential future outcome. But that is what daily life is all about. We live in the "present", but we prepare for and discuss the future and change. We take what is currently happen and apply it to what MAY happen later. That is the basis of all human discussion. It's useless to only talk about what is currently in existence. We wear safety belts in cars because we MIGHT get into a car accident. We pack an umbrella because it MIGHT rain later. We go to school and learn because we MIGHT need that knowledge later in life.

We have a "suggestion" forum for the FUTURE of the game, not the current game.

But that's besides the point of this thread. We disagree, plain and simple. I'm okay with that!
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
And that's also why I think it's important to talk about the repercussions and down-the-road possibilities BEFORE they happen because once they do happen....its generally too late.
Sure; nothing against commenting on directions you hope the game doesn't take. I mean, participation in this forum sort of has to start with the idea that there's some chance, however minuscule, that our comments could make a difference. That's fine. Not even any problem with those comments being in this thread; it's what, 18 pages long, some drifts in the conversation is natural.

Just, you know, when people are discussing something concrete that actually exists, it's not really reasonable to tell them they're 'avoiding the real issue' of...vague unsupported fears. They're not avoiding what's in your head, it's just in your head, not theirs.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
I disagree strongly with this. Anything that happens in the future is currently a "hypothetical". What you are saying here is that it is completely dishonest to prepare for a potential future outcome. But that is what daily life is all about. We live in the "present", but we prepare for and discuss the future and change. We take what is currently happen and apply it to what MAY happen later. That is the basis of all human discussion. It's useless to only talk about what is currently in existence. We wear safety belts in cars because we MIGHT get into a car accident. We pack an umbrella because it MIGHT rain later. We go to school and learn because we MIGHT need that knowledge later in life.

We have a "suggestion" forum for the FUTURE of the game, not the current game.

But that's besides the point of this thread. We disagree, plain and simple. I'm okay with that!

That is not what I was responding to. I am arguing against your slippery-slope argument
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Eeeeeh this turned out to be another nothingburger like Sacred Orbs.

Everyone was malding over them and how variance in base defences would destroy the game, whereas it really didn't and no one cares about these extremely rare sacred orbs. If i get one im like 'oh hey, they actually exist' aaaaaand it just sits there in currency tab for the entire league.

Same with this voided map mod. Sometimes we see a player getting rekt trying to get a cheap mageblood (if it wasn't already cheap enough lol). Most of the time it's league quitters deciding to self-delete themselves out of existence in this game world rather than having their character moved to a landfill that is Standard league.
Just lost my character AND materials....the prompt doesn't even say you would lose access to your whole stash which can be shared across characters
"
m34nbunny wrote:
Just lost my character AND materials....the prompt doesn't even say you would lose access to your whole stash which can be shared across characters

You don't lose your stash what do you even mean by that lol.

It just dips your character in a whole sauce of nothingness.

And it tells you that your character will no longer be playable, right after a big phat "WARNING"

Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
m34nbunny wrote:

Lol what is this account look at the character thats in void.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Last edited by Chickenwink on Jan 20, 2024, 10:36:17 AM
will bring the character back into the league
I've been saving a few of those maps to give a couple characters viking burials.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info