Characters sent to void league on death should NOT be a map mod

so we can never enter anyone elses map in softcore ever again and we should be paranoid about even entering another persons hideout in a game based around trade in case someone finds it funny to prank us by trying to delete our character we might have 1000 hours /played on in a softcore game mode?

that is fking idiotic and should not exist in the game.
"
cant wait to be terrified of entering hideouts where people place the portals over the waypoint

QFT. I never thought of this but true.
Wow... there are plenty of griefers out there who will leap at the chance.
Can it drop corrupted unidentified?
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
cant wait to be terrified of entering hideouts where people place the portals over the waypoint

I hadn't even thought of that, and it makes this thing so much worse; there won't be any way to avoid entering one of these maps unintentionally.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
"
Alatikus wrote:
"

QFT. I never thought of this but true.
Wow... there are plenty of griefers out there who will leap at the chance.

ggg have posted videos of funny things happening in leagues before now on the main front page of the website which include things like people joining public parties in hardcore leagues and then trolling people by PKing them at the bandit quest. i think they posted a video of someone number 1 on the ladder at the time geting pked at the bandit quest by a troll for lols.

so they actively advertise, encourage this sort of behaviour, they have promoted players trolling each other by killing their characters and having them essentially deleted from their league before now as a form of humour.

there are people who dont care about standard who have mirrors and mirrors of wealth built up there from leagues they can use to buy anything they want and troll people no matter what the cost.

i wouldnt even know this was a thing if it wasnt for this post.

@GGG are you gonna put a warning on the front screen when people log in from now on that you have to read and click accept to warning players in softcore that there is now a way other players can troll them by getting their characters perm deleted from the game? that this is something they now need to be aware exists and watch out for?

cause im willing to bet right now 99.99% of softcore players have no idea this is even possible. you have told them they cannot lose their characters in softcore and they are playing there with this promise and now you are slipping in by the back door a way for trolls to get their characters deleted from the game forever, which is a behaviour you have actively encouraged as a company.

i do not consent to playing in a league where permadeath is a thing. i have put 15k hours into playing a mode where i was guaranteed my characters were forever and chris personally promised us the servers would never be shut down. im someone who trades, im forced to go into peoples hideouts to trade with them, what am i supposed to do about this?
Don't do the map then? Wtf lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Don't do the map then? Wtf lol

and if someone runs the map with torment on some distant asian pingdeath realm, pulls all the mobs ghosted into 1 room, drops a portal in the middle of them then puts the waypoint of their hideout on the map portal before listing expensive trades for a discount, just for the lols, what do we say to the guy that accidentally falls in it?

when someone in global chat explains theyre new and theyre struggling to get their maven 3 way quest done, or says theyre struggling with a map boss and then some nice guy in global says yeah np ill help you, then goes into a 370 ping map with 200 ghosted monsters on the TP and ends up with a 500 hour, 2 mirror character in void league, then what?

this is the sort of thing people are going to try to do to each other, and basically no one even knows that its possible for their characters in softcore to perma die, they wont even be looking out for this.

are the rest of us going to have to be on guard every time we entire someone elses hideout or map for the rest of time on the off chance we lose a character weve put 500 hours into?
Then that's literally there fault for not paying attention people have always grief / killed PK since the dawn of time in POE.

Shit I feel like buying 20 of these for no reason rather I enjoy everyone's GOING IT SHOULDN'T BE A MOD!

lmao
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Dec 11, 2023, 11:13:07 PM
Man I can't wait to go buy a 40 div item and click on the portal on a way point and lose everything.

You know why I play softcore? Its to lose my character its totally not to not use my brain.
Why am I still here
Why not add it to the core map mod pool. Surely nobody in softcore would complain, because people can just opt not to run it, and if they missed it, it'd be their fault for not paying attention.

It shouldn't be a map mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info