Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur Teasers

"
b44dss wrote:
"
demon7310 wrote:
"
b44dss wrote:
memes aside: QOL -> thank you !

but the real improvements have to come like "1 click stash all items" or some kind of "area looting" or auto-looting . the amount of things you need to click is absurd and takes away the fun of the game.

i am mindblown how this is not a thing yet after seeing POE since beta...

I think auto looting will never be a thing because that gives a big advantage to people that juice alot and get alot of drops in their maps.
Having to manually loot gives an opportunity cost to juicing which prevents the richest from making money even faster.
1 click to stash would not be that bad on the other hand because everyone has to do it repeatedly every map.

are you not done risking getting RSI and interacting with bots to trade? ^^

I would say the RSI can be applied to most game that require key/click spamming or alot of actions per minute to play competitively.
I'm not saying theres nothing they can do though, there are still some cases of currencies or splinters dropping 1 by 1 like in deli maps.
As far as bot are concerned, I often play HC and there are not many of them.
I don't really mind too much if I can get a fast trade but if GGG allows them what can I do
"
demon7310 wrote:

I believe they need to implement a death recap screen so people are able to know what killed them and then they will realise what makes their builds weak.

Death recap is mostly usefull for Softcore players.
Let's think global use and alowed a kind of "F1 - Show damage taken in the last 10 seconds"
Last edited by iHillda on Jul 11, 2024, 5:42:20 AM
Settlers of Kalguur? Item quality change? Armor quality multiplicative?
I see some love for Runic bases incoming.
"
demon7310 wrote:

I would argue damage is much easier to get a feel for than defence because there are so many factors affecting monster damage and your own defences.
It is fairly easy to get damage numbers in pob. Even if you don't get the configuration right, you could also get biased results on a test dummy by getting all your buffs and debuffs up on a single target which might not be the case in a real fight either.
However theres alot of things that can kill you in this game, I have been playing for a couple years now and sometimes when I die to boss abilities I still have no clue if it was phys or ele and thats really annoying because I don't know what mods made the fight so dangerous.
I think Mark talked about both in interviews and apparently the death recap should come soon but not the dps dummy which I think is fair.

Yeah defense information is much more useful, i agree with you. Still, i think offence information would be useful as well. To this day i still dont know what the DoT DPS cap is, i read somewhere 30m dps but then again i see almost every dot build stating they do 200m+ dps (and seeing them killing bosses much faster than me with 60m dps, there must be some truth to it, sure there is a hit component but thats not the major part in those builds).
I also play with a friend and does their dot also apply to my cap? do different sources of dot share the cap? i think the answer is yes (since it ticks on the mob), but i dont know and cant find any consistent answer.
Having ways to 'science' it out ingame would be nice and more enlightening than playing pob number warrior.
"
Miradae wrote:
"
demon7310 wrote:

I would argue damage is much easier to get a feel for than defence because there are so many factors affecting monster damage and your own defences.
It is fairly easy to get damage numbers in pob. Even if you don't get the configuration right, you could also get biased results on a test dummy by getting all your buffs and debuffs up on a single target which might not be the case in a real fight either.
However theres alot of things that can kill you in this game, I have been playing for a couple years now and sometimes when I die to boss abilities I still have no clue if it was phys or ele and thats really annoying because I don't know what mods made the fight so dangerous.
I think Mark talked about both in interviews and apparently the death recap should come soon but not the dps dummy which I think is fair.

Yeah defense information is much more useful, i agree with you. Still, i think offence information would be useful as well. To this day i still dont know what the DoT DPS cap is, i read somewhere 30m dps but then again i see almost every dot build stating they do 200m+ dps (and seeing them killing bosses much faster than me with 60m dps, there must be some truth to it, sure there is a hit component but thats not the major part in those builds).
I also play with a friend and does their dot also apply to my cap? do different sources of dot share the cap? i think the answer is yes (since it ticks on the mob), but i dont know and cant find any consistent answer.
Having ways to 'science' it out ingame would be nice and more enlightening than playing pob number warrior.

The way dot has been implemented in the game is as damage per minute.
On a 32 bit engine (-1 for the sign), the maximum integer you can code is 2^31 or 2.147 billion which is the hp cap on any mob in delve past a certain depth.
If you divide 2.147B by 60 you get a maximum dot dps of 35.791M which is what the dot cap is at.
However as you mentioned this is only for dots, some skill do hit damage aswell.
As far as you mention killing bosses faster with 60M dps, that is only relevant for bosses with damage reduction such as ubers which have 70% less damage taken. Meaning you would need around 120M dot dps to dot cap your dps on them (excluding any area modifier that reduces your damage such as extra monster res).
For party play since each player increases the monster HP, I think the dot cap is per instance of a single skill so I'd assume your damage is combined with your friend's but I can't say for sure.
If you want to test out your dps you can do it on any delve boss past depth 700 or 800, they should all be HP capped. Since the boss already has HP cap adding one player won't increase its HP so if you kill it faster together it means your damage adds up.
I know POE is complicated but thats also what makes it interesting, hope that helps
Last edited by demon7310 on Jul 11, 2024, 7:13:31 AM
"
demon7310 wrote:
"
b44dss wrote:
memes aside: QOL -> thank you !

but the real improvements have to come like "1 click stash all items" or some kind of "area looting" or auto-looting . the amount of things you need to click is absurd and takes away the fun of the game.

i am mindblown how this is not a thing yet after seeing POE since beta...

I think auto looting will never be a thing because that gives a big advantage to people that juice alot and get alot of drops in their maps.
Having to manually loot gives an opportunity cost to juicing which prevents the richest from making money even faster.
1 click to stash would not be that bad on the other hand because everyone has to do it repeatedly every map.

The auto loot would only increase the income potential of all players, I do not share the argument of discriminating the rich for being rich, but it is wrong to leave aside the non-rich, and the measure is not unique to those who "juice alot and get a lot of drops in their maps", the game is too broad to focus specifically on a subtype of players that does not represent even 1% of the total players, there's only 1 SnooBAE85, there's only 1 fubgun, and like them there are not many.
And the opportunity cost is already intrinsically on the map with the juice that is put into it, clicking to collect items is nothing more than an artificial inconvenience, and for some reason the Azurite has loot due to proximity.
And to add more to the topic, the rich do not get richer by collecting chaos from the ground, they do it by crafting and flipping, for a reason precisely those richest that you speak of have filters that in many cases hide the chaos and items bellow 20 chaos worth.

1 click to stash would follow the same principle as the current QoL of moving all single type currency to a trade tab by 1 click and honestly I don't understand how at this time in life they still don't consider something like that, since, if we go back to the same argument of the richest, look for example at SnooBAE85, on average he doesn't pick up more than 10 items, but on the other hand, the new players or even you or anyone else, usually fills up inventory with bubblegum currency every 5 or less minutes. Things like this seem good to me for everyone in general, but I understand that it is not in the grand scheme of things either.
Venezuela es mi barrio, y odio mi barrio.
Amante de las abejas🐝
Why not make QOL auto pick up currency and stuff like that pick up range was never an issue to begin with
"
PsychoHype wrote:
Why not make QOL auto pick up currency and stuff like that pick up range was never an issue to begin with

because of a disconnect between development and actual playerbase desires.

it happens naturally and this is not because "stupid" or something.

the only stupid thing is the oversight of this common interaction in a live service game.
Last edited by b44dss on Jul 11, 2024, 9:32:08 AM
there is no disconnect or distance
it is a deliberate choice of not making an auto-pickup for the global client, the CN servers/client has the "bear cub pet" that literally picks the items for you just like torchlight
it is a "heritage" from the OG arpg like diablo 1

in the middle ground: grim dawn has a system to autopick money and basic components/materials, but equippable/quest items still need to be clicked...to solve this, there is a keybind that you can simply hold the button and your char will walk and pick any items in a radius "near" you, you don't need to hover your mouse over items with it
i believe a semi-auto bind solution like this could make a lot of ppl happy in poe
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jul 11, 2024, 9:43:50 AM
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
there is no disconnect or distance
it is a deliberate choice of not making an auto-pickup for the global client, the CN servers/client has the "bear cub pet" that literally picks the items for you just like torchlight
it is a "heritage" from the OG arpg like diablo 1

in the middle ground: grim dawn has a system to autopick money and basic components/materials, but equippable/quest items still need to be clicked...to solve this, there is a keybind that you can simply hold the button and your char will walk and pick any items in a radius "near" you, you don't need to hover your mouse over items with it
i believe a semi-auto bind solution like this could make a lot of ppl happy in poe

in sync with CN playerbase
out of sync with the rest

am i crazy or just seeing straight?
Last edited by b44dss on Jul 11, 2024, 9:55:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info