Introducing the Currency Exchange Market

FINALLY, we don't have to wait for these price fixers or afker anymore! <3
I'm trying to think of ways to break this (former EVE Online player and all...)

With 10 orders, there's likely no 'organic' listings in really obscure trades, like "My 2 Simulacrum, your 3 Warlord's Exalted Orb".

A group determinedly trading these to each other (burning through gold to do so) could likely make the WEO the second or third top item, when paired to the Simulacrum.

I'm not certain I can see a purpose yet to this (beyond just a laugh) but if someone does come up with one - it might be worth having higher gold fees when both items are extremely obscure. Balance, say, Regal to Vaal orb trades around Act 8 gold income, but balance Valdo Box to Sacred Lifeforce trades around red tier map income. Perhaps with the more common component of the trade being the decisive one for gold cost.
Le Toucan Will Return
Very nice solution to trade currency
Love the non-tradeable gold. So hype for the league.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
A lot of people won't play the league though. You can talk about majority/minority all you want but you are alienating a large part of your playerbase. The simple fact of the matter is that people have their established and fun builds on Standard and they are not willing to start over and having to do everything over as a checklist on top of spending months in to gather enough currency to get the same level of power in terms of a character as they already have multiple vastly superior builds, and with legacy gear, on Standard.

I personally won't play leagues no matter what you put into the game because it takes too much time, I'm not willing to start over and I would rather play a build I already invested time into on Standard. This might be a foreign concept to the people who just willingly start over because it's the norm but I don't follow norms. Part of not following norms involves thinking for yourself. If you can't think for yourself, someone will do it for you.

The addition of the currency exchange is much appreciated obviously but calling it experimental like you did with Harvest indicates you will have it for this league only and then tell players that you will re-introduce it after 5-6 leagues like you did with Harvest. At least implement it into Standard after the league is over. We will wait but it really gets annoying having to wait almost an entire year just for new content on Standard.

GGG probably doesn't make much money on Standard, so they could care less if the VERY SMALL Standard playerbase isn't happy. I don't blame them.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
A lot of people won't play the league though. You can talk about majority/minority all you want but you are alienating a large part of your playerbase. The simple fact of the matter is that people have their established and fun builds on Standard and they are not willing to start over and having to do everything over as a checklist on top of spending months in to gather enough currency to get the same level of power in terms of a character as they already have multiple vastly superior builds, and with legacy gear, on Standard.

I personally won't play leagues no matter what you put into the game because it takes too much time, I'm not willing to start over and I would rather play a build I already invested time into on Standard. This might be a foreign concept to the people who just willingly start over because it's the norm but I don't follow norms. Part of not following norms involves thinking for yourself. If you can't think for yourself, someone will do it for you.

The addition of the currency exchange is much appreciated obviously but calling it experimental like you did with Harvest indicates you will have it for this league only and then tell players that you will re-introduce it after 5-6 leagues like you did with Harvest. At least implement it into Standard after the league is over. We will wait but it really gets annoying having to wait almost an entire year just for new content on Standard.

"A lot of people won't play the league though."

You have been proven wrong over and over again multiple times. How many leagues have it been? A lot. People definitely play it over standard. I get where you are coming from, the time invested. But what you don't get it, the fun and enjoyment the league players get from trying the new league mechanics. The market also isn't f-ed up from saturation.

P.S. Standard is more dead than league lol.
Ok, this is gonna be interesting. Finally.
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
1. Have you taken measures against someone rich AF completely buying out x currency, and effectively having monopoly on it, jsut because they can?

2. Can you add an option to pin some of our fav currencies?

/E: oh right
3. Is respeccing now done only via the NPC? If thats the case, for the love of god - DON'T. I would be the exact opposite of QoL. Please leave it as is - I press the button, I see the tree, and can do whatever I want with it, whenever and wherever I want to. It's perfect, there is no reason to change it.

4. This part I am genuinely worried about.
Does the new gold/respec economy consider ppl, that eat 200-400+ regrets each league on 1 build? How much more expensive is respeccing ascendancy points? How much gold can we expect per player on a reasonably juiced t16-17 map? How muchj on an alk and go t1? How much does 1 respec cost at lvl 100?
Last edited by NIKOvbn on Jul 21, 2024, 8:47:24 PM
Good stuff!!!
THANK YOU!
Left click

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info