Introducing the Currency Exchange Market

I'm unsure if this questions already been asked but, what is the market ratio based on ?

Is it on current lowest or current highest ?
If I'm trying to "sell" my chaos for a divine, I would want to see the lowest offers, but if I was trying to "sell" my divine, I would want to see the highest ones. This also comes with the problem of people making multiple lowball offers to manipulate the market.

Latest fulfilled orders ?
Price manipulation for this still can happen, if a pair of people fulfill multiple lowball offers.

Love the market, very worried about the implementation, specially slots and gold costs.

10 total slots for the variety of whatever farm you do is very small, if u do essences, scarab, fossil, oil farm whatever it is you would want to set your sell prices at midlle of the range go to sleep/work and comeback to some currency, you have way more than 10 difrent comodities to sell on any given farm in this game, and if you also need to buy stuff while going away thats 5 slots to sell and 5 slots to buy on avg.

20 slots per side of either buying or selling should be the minimum for league start and then see how it goes from there on, considering how many currencies we have and how many of everything we get dropped.

Gold costs seem also extremely high, we seen 115k gold for 300 vaal orbs, or 300 essences, or 300 whatever thats very very high considering what we seen so far in the release, 6/7k gold from a 10 way fight, stacks of 30-40 gold on t17, stacks of 10-20 gold on t16s dropping , if this drops are still the current gold balance going live we talking 10+ maps run to do 1 trade of any significant volume.

How many hundreds of fossils/essences/ we use on avg to high end crafts, how many thousands of alterations-scour-alcs for jewels, clusters, etc, thats Millions of gold or go to the trade site and still be annoyed but have it for free. We wont like to go back to msging 100 people when we get a taste of the new market and will go to reddit to complain.

This league seems so good, potential to be the highest player base ever , would hate the implementation of this 2 key factors would put a damper on it.
Been a long time since I have been totally psyched for a league. Cant wait!
"
zzsamzzsam wrote:
I'm unsure if this questions already been asked but, what is the market ratio based on ?

Is it on current lowest or current highest ?
If I'm trying to "sell" my chaos for a divine, I would want to see the lowest offers, but if I was trying to "sell" my divine, I would want to see the highest ones. This also comes with the problem of people making multiple lowball offers to manipulate the market.

Latest fulfilled orders ?
Price manipulation for this still can happen, if a pair of people fulfill multiple lowball offers.

GGG explained that they are not gonna make any ratio, its purely the players

You will have to set yourself how much you wanna buy or sell the divine, thus, its you who make your ratio. The game will inform you the highest price buiyng and lowest selling, but its you who will tell whats the rate you want to make the trade. You say you will want to pay 10 chaos for a divine, you will be able to do it, you say you wanna sell divines for 1000 chaos apiece, you can also do it, just gonna have to wait someone willing to sell or buy for that ratio and good luck with that

The game will just make a trade that is on the range you set yourself, if you said you want to pay 100c for a divine and someone is selling a divine for 90c, the game should make the trade, you say you want to buy a divine and just pay 50c, your gonna have to wait until someone puts a divine on sale for 50c or less

Price manipulation as it currently happens cant really happen because if someone try to pricefix the same way it currently is with a very low offer, people are just gonna gulp the lowball offers, you cant really make a fake offer you dont want to actually trade in an automated enviroment. With an AH, you said you wanna sell a divine for 10 chaos, people will just take your divine for 10 chaos because you made the offer and in an automatic system, the trade WILL be done wether you actually wanted or not
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
A lot of people won't play the league though. You can talk about majority/minority all you want but you are alienating a large part of your playerbase. The simple fact of the matter is that people have their established and fun builds on Standard and they are not willing to start over and having to do everything over as a checklist on top of spending months in to gather enough currency to get the same level of power in terms of a character as they already have multiple vastly superior builds, and with legacy gear, on Standard.

I personally won't play leagues no matter what you put into the game because it takes too much time, I'm not willing to start over and I would rather play a build I already invested time into on Standard. This might be a foreign concept to the people who just willingly start over because it's the norm but I don't follow norms. Part of not following norms involves thinking for yourself. If you can't think for yourself, someone will do it for you.

The addition of the currency exchange is much appreciated obviously but calling it experimental like you did with Harvest indicates you will have it for this league only and then tell players that you will re-introduce it after 5-6 leagues like you did with Harvest. At least implement it into Standard after the league is over. We will wait but it really gets annoying having to wait almost an entire year just for new content on Standard.

every time i see a comment from you i’m more and more convinced it’s satire. you’re hilarious, keep it up.
"
Fart_Smucker wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
A lot of people won't play the league though. You can talk about majority/minority all you want but you are alienating a large part of your playerbase. The simple fact of the matter is that people have their established and fun builds on Standard and they are not willing to start over and having to do everything over as a checklist on top of spending months in to gather enough currency to get the same level of power in terms of a character as they already have multiple vastly superior builds, and with legacy gear, on Standard.

I personally won't play leagues no matter what you put into the game because it takes too much time, I'm not willing to start over and I would rather play a build I already invested time into on Standard. This might be a foreign concept to the people who just willingly start over because it's the norm but I don't follow norms. Part of not following norms involves thinking for yourself. If you can't think for yourself, someone will do it for you.

The addition of the currency exchange is much appreciated obviously but calling it experimental like you did with Harvest indicates you will have it for this league only and then tell players that you will re-introduce it after 5-6 leagues like you did with Harvest. At least implement it into Standard after the league is over. We will wait but it really gets annoying having to wait almost an entire year just for new content on Standard.

every time i see a comment from you i’m more and more convinced it’s satire. you’re hilarious, keep it up.

Funny part is I won't play standard ever....because it takes way too much time to take everything out of the read only tabs...every character I maje gets deleted after a season.
"
Fart_Smucker wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

I'm also a person that only play on standard I'm tired GGG forcing people to play league all the time, and the changes they do is too much every time, and they hardly put anything in standard, GGG seems to despite standard players in general....
"
Fart_Smucker wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

None of it is satire. These types of responses are too predictable. You'd rather resort to ad hominems since you can't come up with a valid rebuttal or counter-argument. You also just proved what I said in my initial comment with emotionally driven responses.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
"
Currency exchange market sounds awesome!

It would have been wonderful to have a version in SSF though. Obviously it wouldn't be player to player, but player to NPC would work. You could even make the exchange rates dynamic in relation to trade league perhaps.

I'm really not a fan of swapping 4-1 Jewellers to Fusings at the NPC in order to 6 link an item.

Well, perhaps if it works well enough in league it might then make its way into Standard and SSF. We can only hope :)

I'm pretty sure that's beside the main intention of SSF.

For SSF, if you need fusings, you're supposed to go farm fusings. Not spend Chaos Orbs or Divine Orbs to buy them... if you want that convenience, you're supposed to play trade league.

The vendor shops have significant penalties because they still want you to farm. They're there so you can soak up large excesses (e.g. you have 4000 jeweler's orbs) and so you can get yourself out of a bind when you only need a very small amount of something.

And vendor shops don't exist for certain currency because they want those currencies to be limiting. Heck, they're even taking one away in this patch: glassblower's baubles.
"
Laeortia wrote:
I'm really bummed that the currency exchange market won't be in Standard. I hope that means this is basically a beta and it will be implemented in Standard at a later date :)

Why so you want to play Standard when there are leagues ?! lol
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info