Introducing the Currency Exchange Market

Damn, it looks like best league ever! Thank you GGG!
I feel like the 10 max limit is a bit low, especially considering the variety of currencies we have.

For example, if you enjoy Harvest, you'll typically use 3-4 slots. Similarly, a Delver might need space for up to 25 different fossils. Please consider increasing the limit to 20.

Apart from this little detail, good job, guys. It's not the AH we asked for, but we indeed meet at a middle point.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
A lot of people won't play the league though. You can talk about majority/minority all you want but you are alienating a large part of your playerbase. The simple fact of the matter is that people have their established and fun builds on Standard and they are not willing to start over and having to do everything over as a checklist on top of spending months in to gather enough currency to get the same level of power in terms of a character as they already have multiple vastly superior builds, and with legacy gear, on Standard.

I personally won't play leagues no matter what you put into the game because it takes too much time, I'm not willing to start over and I would rather play a build I already invested time into on Standard. This might be a foreign concept to the people who just willingly start over because it's the norm but I don't follow norms. Part of not following norms involves thinking for yourself. If you can't think for yourself, someone will do it for you.

The addition of the currency exchange is much appreciated obviously but calling it experimental like you did with Harvest indicates you will have it for this league only and then tell players that you will re-introduce it after 5-6 leagues like you did with Harvest. At least implement it into Standard after the league is over. We will wait but it really gets annoying having to wait almost an entire year just for new content on Standard.

In Standard you get additions to the BASE Game. If/When League Content is ready to be added as part of the BASE Game - you get it in Standard. If you want to play with concepts/mechanics in an experimental state - then you gotta play League. You don't get to be mad that the Devs take an idea back to the drawing board to iterate on it before rolling it out to the BASE game.
Players like me are nearing in their 40s, please please add more QOL anti RSI implementation...

Like auto pickup!
"
Molochmane wrote:
Players like me are nearing in their 40s, please please add more QOL anti RSI implementation...

Like auto pickup!

I think it depends on the player. Heck I'm 58 and 1/2 and I don't have a problem with the way it is.
Just don't remove it for future leagues. Improve whilist active.
Is gold going to be account based or character based? If my HC character dies - do I lose the gold as well, or just the items? It would suck if you only start getting gold in earnest mid campaign and then lose it all before getting to try out the systems (league, respects and trade) with the gold.
Currency exchange market sounds awesome!

It would have been wonderful to have a version in SSF though. Obviously it wouldn't be player to player, but player to NPC would work. You could even make the exchange rates dynamic in relation to trade league perhaps.

I'm really not a fan of swapping 4-1 Jewellers to Fusings at the NPC in order to 6 link an item.

Well, perhaps if it works well enough in league it might then make its way into Standard and SSF. We can only hope :)
"
Laeortia wrote:
I'm really bummed that the currency exchange market won't be in Standard. I hope that means this is basically a beta and it will be implemented in Standard at a later date :)
i feel the same i just hope this will be implanted after league is done i mean even the town system i wish to keep in standard to work to build up a town in future in standard. I also wish in standard GGG could remove the 10% exp loss too because standard is more causal player place while league etc. is more challenge mode for people that like to try out new stuff.
Last edited by sunnis on Jul 21, 2024, 10:09:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info