Data about how Beastcrafting is being used

"
Bhaladas wrote:
Buff the portal to the beasts.

This is worse than Harbinger for accessing the unique encounter of the league.

Harbinger was actually decent after the changes. I was getting a few Beachheads a day.

I've got two Spirit Beasts in two weeks.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Chris wrote:
I want to be transparent about our intentions here:

We have deployed Beast Trading today and are now gathering data about how it affects the rate that people open portals to the Spirit Beasts. Assuming nothing unexpected happens, our plan is to increase the access to Spirit Beasts after the weekend.

I am sorry that content goes out rarer than it ends up. This is partly intentional (better to be cautious), and also partly because it's very hard to balance these values across large numbers of players. We have avoided adjusting these numbers so far because we weren't sure of the impact that Beast Trading would have on it. Based on past data, a league with final content that is rarer than it should be does perform better than a league that has content that is equivalently more common than it should be. This is not an excuse to make content too rare, and we do plan to change it based on your feedback and our data.

To be clear, please note that I am discussing an increase to the relative spawn rate of the four Legendary Beasts that grant access to the Spirit Beast areas. I am not talking about making Legendary Beasts themselves more common. The recipes that they are used for are intentionally designed to be one-per-five areas.

Expect a news post on Monday NZ time with more information.

Personally, I would love to see some sort of system where you work towards being able to open a portal, like splinters for Breach. Have an alternate recipe where 100 Craiceann splinters open a portal, and there's a chance to get a splinter from a legendary ... something like that.

On another note, I know the idea is for people to actually interact with beasts in the menagerie, but it would be awesome if the bestiary orb worked on the Captured beasts tab in the Bestiary.
EDIT: my reasoning here is that it's not possible to see the level of the monster in the menagerie, and it's very hard to click on the correct monster.
Last edited by Wuffell on Mar 15, 2018, 11:06:27 PM
"
Zaanus wrote:
Are you trying to spin these numbers as a success?

Yikes

This league is deader than the last week of abyss.

Thet's the purpose of any statistics presentation. Use attention getting numbers to hide what you don't want people to know. So, tout a big number like 6.7 million beast crafted items to draw attention and make it appear as if the system is a success.

However, if you look past the shock and awe of the big number and start to consider the number of players that tried the league and the number of beast crafts each of these players would have done on their first day alone; trying things out, crafting things they need for the new league... the touted number has no shock and awe.

this league makes me appreciate garbinger more and more. idk im not buying a supporter pack for the next league thats for sure, also is it just me or have you guys been alot more greedy with mtx sales recently? tldr i pay money for good content from an amazing game that shouldn't feel like trash, fix this please
I wonder's what's more rare: Finding the prophecy for Atziri's Reflection or actually finding all 4 Spirit Beasts on your own?
"
Temeritas wrote:
I just want to interact with the league, not play the game as i always do by buying access to use a slightly different UI element to obtain my loot -.-

This.

GGG, you hate trade, because trade grants you easy access to anything, you all against auction house... but every time you make exactly same things as before - you force people to pay for access to something, because spawn rates or drop rates is just awful.

Every time you are just contradicted yourself.

I want to meet legendary beasts. I want to catch them. I don't wat to buy them. Also because this do not count to 'fill bestiary'.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
Chris wrote:
I want to be transparent about our intentions here:

We have deployed Beast Trading today and are now gathering data about how it affects the rate that people open portals to the Spirit Beasts. Assuming nothing unexpected happens, our plan is to increase the access to Spirit Beasts after the weekend.

I am sorry that content goes out rarer than it ends up. This is partly intentional (better to be cautious), and also partly because it's very hard to balance these values across large numbers of players. We have avoided adjusting these numbers so far because we weren't sure of the impact that Beast Trading would have on it. Based on past data, a league with final content that is rarer than it should be does perform better than a league that has content that is equivalently more common than it should be. This is not an excuse to make content too rare, and we do plan to change it based on your feedback and our data.

To be clear, please note that I am discussing an increase to the relative spawn rate of the four Legendary Beasts that grant access to the Spirit Beast areas. I am not talking about making Legendary Beasts themselves more common. The recipes that they are used for are intentionally designed to be one-per-five areas.

Expect a news post on Monday NZ time with more information.

Do you even get the recipe to open the portal if you buy for example Farrul. Because if you dont then there is no way to buy a beast to open the portal unless you found it once before...
geez, everyone in this forum is so toxic. o.0
Wait until next league if you hate it so much, sheesh.

Anyway, this was interesting to see. Still... 51,765 for unique maps. I take it these are people that didn't use a level 70 critter so the recipe actually worked? Or are these just almost 52k people that tried using a broken recipe at the time? if the latter than I'm one of them xD
"
Aziraphale wrote:
Farrul's Den: 1,415

Seriously? And people are expected to find this shit on their own for the challenge? Insane.

I was thinking the same thing. Damn. Maybe I'll find it in the last weeks of the league. Maybe. I'm not even through the story yet. Ha!
Chris:

I want to be transparent about our intentions here;

We intend to release new MTX every single day and ignore the game itself b/c we no longer care now that we have a taste for that sweet sweet gacha box doe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

To the white knights, stfu and go read the announcements, they have been vomiting new MTX literally every single day for weeks so spare me your fanboi nonsense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info