Data about how Beastcrafting is being used

Personally i think that not enabling beast-trading and buffing red beast spawnrate would be a perfect solution, bu-ut that'd probably also bring in a heap of complaints - as the beasts weren't initially trade-able and they only made them trade-able because of the heap of complaints.

Either way, to quote Chris's comment on reddit,
"
The design for the next league is very much about challenging rewarding stuff in basically every area.

So that's probably going to be nice to hear for a lot of people.
I think the whole mechanic needs to be changed. It should be like "Monster Hunter", where hunting and taking down a beast gives you a part / a scrap allowing you to craft something special.

Adapting this to PoE would mean nets to work on dead beasts by default and removing the blood altar. (and find a way to properly highlight relevant dead corpses to let players know when to throw a net).
Even better, throw out the menagerie, make these captured beasts turn into orbs directly (pretty much like essences), not only it would be simplier, but it would give you a perfect excuse to release a new tab to sell :D
And that way the mechanic of the league won't have such a negative impact on clear speed and ppl won't need to pay so much attention to the minimap & mods on monsters, not to mention the maximum cage capacity.

Keep it simple and everyone will enjoy it.
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/obsolee7
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ObsoLeet
"
Farrul's Den: 1,415

This is ridiculously demoralizing. Being unable to do content due to a lack of skill is FINE, but being unable to do content due to ridiculous rarity, so obnoxious that a player may NEVER ENCOUNTER IT ON THEIR OWN is.. it's really hard to contain my frustrations, and I want to say really horrible things.

However, I do appreciate you revealing this information, as it takes a lot of balls to go reveal these statistics, and risk angering people. I greatly appreciate your transparency, GGG -- credit where credit is due.
Last edited by Atzros on Mar 16, 2018, 12:14:34 AM
Since I gave up on shield throwing I was able to have some fun in this league. The real bummer for me is that I heard the crab boss is glitched for some people and after a few hundred maps farmed I've got one of the portal recipe. Haven't seen most of the other interesting recipes either, (other bosses and unique maps). And all of that is on top of picking up every net and netting every yellow/red creature I see and at two per white pack if they're new. Now I get why people are selling Bestiary boss credit with no loot pickups for over 50c atm.
"
kOkatrix wrote:
I think the whole mechanic needs to be changed. It should be like "Monster Hunter", where hunting and taking down a beast gives you a part / a scrap allowing you to craft something special.

Adapting this to PoE would mean nets to work on dead beasts by default and removing the blood altar. (and find a way to properly highlight relevant dead corpses to let players know when to throw a net).
Even better, throw out the menagerie, make these captured beasts turn into orbs directly (pretty much like essences), not only it would be simplier, but it would give you a perfect excuse to release a new tab to sell :D
And that way the mechanic of the league won't have such a negative impact on clear speed and ppl won't need to pay so much attention to the minimap & mods on monsters, not to mention the maximum cage capacity.

Keep it simple and everyone will enjoy it.

To be honest there isn't much of a point of having a capture system at all assuming you could just "capture" dead bodies all the time might as well have it auto capture on kill and make it a much smoother experience.
And possibly adding a notification system for notable recipe completions. To convince people to use the system more.

(Such as re-purposing Einhar in this case to just appear everytime a notable recipe is completed to teleport players to the bloodaltar instead of blocking the way then being talked to then dismissed.)

It'll even decrease the loss of currency from nets being considered currency in some cases and cluttering the drop tables.

Might as well make them better and more interesting random encounters instead of having to
preemptively throw nets and burst them down (which generally negates majority of their mechanics anyway or just capturing them while they're dead).

Currently the system really helps smooth out progression but it could be less clunky to use. and could really do with simplification and fleshing it out.

On another note:
Animal auto selection needs to be smartened up a bit since by default it selects the highest level creature that meets the requirements and in any of the unique recipes the level of the 3 other animals doesn't matter. (it should start using from the weakest since it has no impact on the results)
Last edited by bladesx on Mar 16, 2018, 12:23:06 AM
I think it's pretty damn cool to be able to have a gazillion different recipes at your disposal, especially when you are leveling and need to get a particular piece of gear with a specific resist or life or whatever on it when you don't have the currency, not to mention the different uniques you can get for leveling as well....I don't understand why that's so bad.
Really low numbers, as expected.

Hope more plans in the future.
So Farrul is waaaaaaaaaaay too rare considering it's challenge required.
Having a blast!
SSF since ~OB
"
aelazing wrote:
Isn't it super ridiculous that we're 2 weeks into the league and a fair amount of players haven't even opened a portal to a beast?

40k, while we had more than that on day one, like a lot more.

It's not surprising to me.

During Legacy league, I never found one key.

During Harbinger League, I never found one boss / map.

During Abyss League, I only found 1 lich.

---

And throughout the entirety of those leagues ( and this one ), I've found less than a dozen breaches ( in almost a year ), and 2 abyss while doing campaign / maps with it's "10% chance" to spawn.

I have, however, found a hundred+ Essences.

---

So go figure that each and every time these leagues get released, people make note of never having found / experienced any of this stuff. It's a joke.

Why does GGG spend all their time making content that, relatively speaking, only their "1% customers" get to enjoy? IF you aren't a money whale ( so you get to enjoy all the absurdly expensive MTX ), or a PoE resident ( that grinds all day and corners the poe.trade market ), you don't actually get to participate in the league; you're just part of the mechanism that makes it so the very small group of regulars get to enjoy the rides.

There's a Westworld TV / Movie analogy to be made.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info