Data about how Beastcrafting is being used

Bestiary League to me is like some rare monsters (beasts) are getting shattered offscreen and my necromancy net is useless.
And every 30th red beast is way too tanky for other non high dps builds (saying this as a GC Miner). It's like an another Vorici "keep on low life for 8s" or "bring a level 10 pikachu to low hp with a level 70 dragonite and catch it" mission that I cannot do on any map (I don't want to unequip one of my weapons and unsocket 3 gems every time I see a beast.. and even then..)
Only playing this for the challenges and won't do that again if the next league is almost nonexistent to me like this.
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
"
Shppy wrote:
Thanks for showing us how little you want us to see the league's content... 40k portals, 1.4k Farrul's this far in.

And you're PROUD of this? You're 'pleased with the high engagement' when you're not even letting your players engage with the league's signature fights/items?

L O freaking L

That's really sad... especially when you know that's it's not even 1400 players, it's always the same players that reach and play all the gated content in a loop...
... nothing
"Corrupt an Armour or Weapon to 30% Quality: 1,657"

Does it mean we can destroy that item in process?
OneShotCity

The crafting and the menagerie aren't an issue with beastcrafting... it is the capturing beasts mechanics that need fixing asap! Corpses from bestiary monsters and "new" should not be able to disappear/explode/shatter etc. Nets themselves are clunky and awkward as hell. Controlling your dps in an arpg is not fun/clunky/insane for some builds.

In short: The crafting is fine, it's the capturing that needs fixing.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Mar 16, 2018, 3:06:18 AM
"
Chris wrote:
I want to be transparent about our intentions here:

We have deployed Beast Trading today and are now gathering data about how it affects the rate that people open portals to the Spirit Beasts. Assuming nothing unexpected happens, our plan is to increase the access to Spirit Beasts after the weekend.

I am sorry that content goes out rarer than it ends up. This is partly intentional (better to be cautious), and also partly because it's very hard to balance these values across large numbers of players. We have avoided adjusting these numbers so far because we weren't sure of the impact that Beast Trading would have on it. Based on past data, a league with final content that is rarer than it should be does perform better than a league that has content that is equivalently more common than it should be. This is not an excuse to make content too rare, and we do plan to change it based on your feedback and our data.

To be clear, please note that I am discussing an increase to the relative spawn rate of the four Legendary Beasts that grant access to the Spirit Beast areas. I am not talking about making Legendary Beasts themselves more common. The recipes that they are used for are intentionally designed to be one-per-five areas.

Expect a news post on Monday NZ time with more information.

What I don't understand is the following: if people want more legendary beasts because they are challenging encounters, why Do you Keep insisting on Not buffing their spawn Rates? If this increases availability of crafting too much, there is an easy fix: Make recipes require more beasts! This way you could (for example) Triple the amount of Red beast spawns and just triple the requirements for recipes as well.
I seriously don't understand why there is so much reluctance to give people more of What they enjoy.
Just my 2c.
Last edited by Justicool on Mar 16, 2018, 3:12:06 AM
could you give us percenteges, so we can actually interpret those numbers?

"
We're very pleased with the high engagement with Beastcrafting.

6.7 million items crafted so far
Create a Unique: 2,878,331 - that's almost half
Create a Levelling Item: 1,181,415 - that's done by every player ~ once
that's a total of 4,059,746

that leaves 2.640.254 other crafts over a time of two weeks

with (low estimate) 80k players per day over 14 days = 1,120,000
means players used crafting individualy about two times since league start, besides doing a unique recipe or trying once for a leveling item.

"
We're very pleased with the high engagement with Beastcrafting.

really?
Last edited by PopeJo on Mar 16, 2018, 4:28:31 AM
this post is one more proof that 'statistics is as good as lie'. these numbers without context are meaningless and 'look good'

few searching questions:

- how many of these crafted items were NOT vendored during next minute?
- how many players used given 'craft rare items XYZ' more than twice. first to see how it works and then to re-confirm it is worthless? (how did this garbage list of recipes even made it into the game..? you are changing it now - but the question remains valid)
- the 'engagement with crafting' rises or falls?
- what was the impact of recent panic patches? increase? decrease?

your 6link experiment is weird. as if you didnt know that - despite valiant efforts - rare chests are still the least desirable chest slots. uniques are almost-BiS (as in: for a reasonable cost you get a BiS. there ARE better rares but with your current power creep - there is no need for them). and if one needs a cheap six link there are 100s of rare corrupted chests for 20-30c a piece

you might explain that experiment better so players can actually share their view on the matter. right now anyone who wants 6link can get one. if one needs a specific 6link - it is most likely unique so this recipe wont change a bit. and you cannot get high level shaped/eldered chests from this recipe so the top-gear is still drop only
Last edited by sidtherat on Mar 16, 2018, 3:29:00 AM
guess the 1000-hour league tester didn't tests beast crafting at all ~
huh. I now get why I haven't seen one of the four bosses yet. And here I thought I did something wrong the entire time maybe. Too bad making trade available does change nothing to all of the ssf players, who like to discover stuff on their own instead of just trading 24/7 til you got the bis item or whatever unique you're looking for.

I understand you can't just change drop rates and stuff for ssf since of course it would be abusable as long as you can retire, but in the end if you're not doing ssf for the race ultimately you're being punished. it differs league to league, so often enough the general content is enough to entertain you even if you'd love to try the rare content, too, like in harbinger. there is a couple of unique pieces rotting in standard now never to become a complete item, but whatever. I can kill beasts now to obtain specific crafting mods and uniques, oh wait, trade gated, while up until now luck gated. maybe next league?

My point is: your league concepts generally are amazing, but balancing everything around trade and the so important economy is hurting all of those who want to grind for their items in the game and not on poe.trade, while these aren't exclusively the SSF BTW guys, but also lots of regular players of the more casual kind, trading an item here and there, because you can't get them on your own.

Same goes for divination cards. you can't use most of the interesting ones because they're too rare, so you gotta trade them for the item, or you could just trade the item... Being in specific high tier maps doesn't help, since you'd have to buy these maps to sustain them and even then grind your ass off for weeks. Or you just buy the item after a day of flipping, because this is what people do all day, fun. also nerfing the few grindable cards :(

tl;dr trade balance bad SSF BTW I wish you'd get rid of retire to balance SSF around single player grind rather than non existing trade, might create fun times - a man can dream... a woman, too, of course, but let's be real, there are no women in poe (insert fitting twitch emote)
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info