Skill Usage Statistics

So it looks like Hardcore players start using Shield Charge much earlier than Softcore players. I am not really surprised by that but keep in mind that the current speed meta is using shield. Also the power meta is using shield. On the other hand the fun meta (Volatile Dead/Bodyswap and pens) is using 2 wands. And the Pens can be equipped at level 12. Also in my opinion the fun meta players will prefer Softcore just because it is a good place to test and theory-craft. There is no fear of death in Softcore. So the ability to charge with wands is one of the big reasons for me Shield charge to be used the way it is. The reason for Flame Dash to be so low in the list is the limited number of dashes and cool-down. Leap Slam is somewhere in the middle not exactly used by wanders and if you have shield why will you prefer Leap Slam over charging...

TL;DR: GGG please allow shield charge to be used with wands or remove the counters and the cool-down from Flame Dash. thx
"
Drimli wrote:
"
Jegro wrote:
"
Drimli wrote:
It is totally fail from GGG that warchief a god damn totem attack skill seems to be the most used damage skill... So fun and interactive eh?

well it's a quick and easy way to give a significant damage boost to any melee attack build. it's not necessarily used as the primary attack.

Yes they are mostly using other skills with it but when the skill is that high in the statistics it is becomming the most used damage skill overall in the game... no matter what you say.

What I say is that you have no idea what you are talking about.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Allen_GGG on Apr 11, 2018, 11:54:42 AM
The problem with Vaal skills is literally every single build ever created with vaal skills, has been nerfed so hard they are no longer useable.
Then any build that uses vaal skills for any utility, also gets them nerfed so hard they are nearly unuseable without heavy investment, like the gem + duration gems or nodes + 1-3 jewel sockets to be able to gain souls fast enough to have it reliably usable.

which only makes me wonder...

why are vaal skills even in the game, if we're not allowed to use them?

because clearly - anything we do with them, just gets them nerfed.
Last edited by Kunaak on Apr 11, 2018, 1:10:59 AM
Is it just me or is this post really underwhelming?

Wow, people use Auras and movement skills, and occasionally Golems xD

Like what?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Oh you mean, you fucked up popular Vaal skills like vaal spark and vaal fireball?
WOW!!! And you notice this NOW???

You totally destroyed my one and only favourite build and NOW you start crying "mehhh, no one uses our vaal skils...mehhhh"???

You are ridiculous with your nerf policy!!!! Just STOP destroying everything that is fun in this game and start listening to you players and supporters!
This whole post is useless, showing only the top 10 skills at higher levels, its basically only showing movement skills and heralds... useless.
Last edited by Breakleg on Apr 11, 2018, 1:39:01 AM
"
ACGIFT wrote:
I do think there still needs to be some fundamental alterations to some skills to preserve build diversity.

Ever since it was introduced, there's basically been no reason NOT to use Ancestral Warchief if you're a melee build: it's literally just a free "more" DPS that merely needs the gem slots on another piece of gear; something that anyone who's not LL always has spare.

It should be simple, really; perhaps male AW cause a debuff to the user while it's up, (such as reduced movement + attack speed) so it has to be a conscious decision, even if it's just a matter of WHEN to have it up; e.g, it might be a liability with clearing trash mobs, but viable for tank-and-spank bosses, or possibly even left out just because of the hassle for builds not built around it. (I really like the idea of making it perhaps "borrow" some of your stats; basically make it outright equivalent to splitting yourself in half for a fight)

It's just plain boring because, well... You basically tack it on to EVERY melee build to make it just flat-out better.

"
Restlnpiece wrote:
Stop nerfing because of reddit and forum Babyrage . Buff bad skills up to top skills level instead of nerfing top skill into oblivion.You are welcome ...

Balance can't be fixed with buffs alone. In simple logic:
  • 1 badly over-powered skill = it smothers all others, only 1 skill gets used.
  • 1 badly under-powered skill = people ignore that skill, use the other 100+.

If a skill is seriously over-powered to the point where it's so hard-coded "meta" and mandatory to do well... It's a problem, and NO "giving love to other stuff" will fix it.

To their credit, GGG has actually been pretty damn spot-on in identifying problematic skills/builds and nerfing them. (only issue is often OVER-nerfing, or, in the past, taking too many seasons to apply needed nerfs) There's been very few cases of them nerfing something that shouldn't have been nerfed at all, hence why the complaints are merely that they go TOO far. (e.g, CI+GR+VP was HORRIFICALLY broken pre-3.0, but they utterly annihilated any trace of those prior elements, and they're only NOW starting to recover)

"
Rainbowww wrote:
Discharge is my favorite skill and I make one every league.

I am still surprised that it's THAT low on the list.

When GGG does hard-nerf something below the "meta" range, people abandon it hard, even if it's still viable.

Stuff rarely rises up unless some popular streamer tells all the other players to build it, whether or not it sank from a nerf. So, the moment we see a streamer popularize discharge? Expect it to zoom right back to the top like it was pre-nerf, even if it's not as broken as it was then.

Thank god i am not the only one that can see that giant flaws of Warchief.
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Drimli wrote:
It is totally fail from GGG that warchief a god damn totem attack skill seems to be the most used damage skill... So fun and interactive eh?

It is totally fail from this dude to see that Warchief Totems are currently mainly used as a supportskill rather than a mainskill because its trash for anything but bossing

Yeah that is why it is the 5th most used "melee" attack skill with 5+ gems right mate? another tool joins the horde.
This pretty much tells me "people use utility skills".. Well obviously...

How about statistic with high level char offensive skills with percentages attached?

As for utility skills - would love to see Lightning Warp cast time reduced so can keep up with other movement skills.
"
Qiox wrote:
"
Drimli wrote:
"
Jegro wrote:
well it's a quick and easy way to give a significant damage boost to any melee attack build. it's not necessarily used as the primary attack.

Yes they are mostly using other skills with it but when the skill is that high in the statistics it is becomming the most used damage skill overall in the game... no matter what you say.

What I say is that you have no idea what you are talking about.

You got schooled but are too weak minded to appreciate having learned something. Instead you act small and dumb.

Go on PoE ninja and have a look... "melee" attack skills with 5+ gems and you will find Warchief... this gem have been in the top of melee builds since it was introduced to the game and now that we got shaped items you can run it as a seperate skill (Two handed builds could do this all along) basicly giving you two main damage skills with NO! penalty... tell me any caster or bow builds with this possibility... And no i am not saying it needs to be nerfed but they made warchief as a lazy "fix" to the shitty melee skills that everone was crying over... I have been playing PoE for over 7000+ hours and been playing since beta so yeah you just tell me that i don't know anything mate. Got schooled... LUL.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info