Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas - Awakener Kill Event

"
cgexile wrote:
"
This event is cool and all, and I'm looking forward to all the RIPs, but there's something that's got to be said about GGG's contribution.

GGG needs to be willing to put up this kind of cash if they want PoE to be a Twitch performer. Chris said he likes the idea of races being a spectator sport for the game. Support from the company is required for this to work in the long term.

For instance, PUBG just had a massive tournament with like $6M or more in the pot, but due to poor management of prizes and cosmetics cuts, the top teams took most of it and the bottom guys left with almost nothing. A bunch of teams lost money when you consider salaries and travel expenses and released their rosters literally right after the tournament ended. PUBG esports is now in a worse state despite just having a huge tournament.

Studios must support their esports scene or it can't take off and flourish properly. Throwing some digital pixels at people as replacement for cash is not good enough. It's cool that Ziz is willing to throw $30k at a game he loves, but it never should've been on him to provide the prize money. GGG should kick in their own $30k and either double the prizes or the number of them.

I think you are missing 1 important variable that determines the pot and what a comp can shell out: sponsorship.

And sponsorship is available based on X Y Z variables... yaya yada I probably don’t need to explain but basically that sort of determines everything.

i didnt know tie23 was sponsored. i know he got his ticket and paid for but that was after he took the poe "racing" world by storm. tie23 came outta nowhere and stormed the races hard and got his name known that he was a top competitor. it coulda been joe blow from nowhere that comes up and causes an ruckus in racing scene. somebody that has spent there irl time to find a trick, a certain path, something others missed to get an edge. that got him in the spot light. he put the time irl in to get that edge. he made that sacrifice to find a way. he didnt just magically be handed super fast.
awesome

gl all!
my english sux.
Dope, nice.
guys, no reason to be butt hurt about that.

If you suck in the game just keep in SC or take your time in SSF HC ( like me ). I need about 1 month to kill shaper in SSF. No way I can play this race. And I'll still enjoy it watching and i think its great for the game.

you dont need professional to play games and hf.

Thats it.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
Xystre wrote:
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
Kundarin wrote:
Sorry, but I have to say this: This game contest is just stupid. Only the very best of the best in this game will be even able to participate in this, and should even CONSIDER trying it.

I look on myself am a decent and good player, but that they are asking here is just insane. But oh well, gl to those who even the slightest think you are near good enough.

yet another post from the i'm not willing to sacrifice other things in my life to be a top player group. yes it should ONLY be the best of the very best, you make time to be the best. you sacrifice other things to be the best.

[Removed by Support]

sacrificing goes for anything if you want to be top dog. the only way you get into the million dollar clubs for free is if you were born into it. interesting you jumped to the logout macro thing. i rarely play HC and i fucking hate that macro and wont use it.my best is merci malachion hc. i'm sure recognition for being a top player[i'm guessing you also included people from all sorts of things. nfl, tennis, f1 racing, etc] to a bunch of people on tv/internet is something to be proud of. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Patrick_GGG on Dec 4, 2019, 5:53:44 PM
steelmage and dan got this.

sucks to be a scrubcoreplayer eh, no prices mememme :D
Last edited by danteafk on Dec 3, 2019, 8:17:12 PM
poG!
"
danteafk wrote:
steelmage and dan got this.

sucks to be a scrubcoreplayer eh, no prices mememme :D

if necro isnt nerfed to hard i got bets on theuberelite being a solid chance if he jumps into the competition. that is if he doesnt take a week theory crafting his build. lol. ;)

dans a fucking beast but his gear is usually mirrors worth of trade to get.
Last edited by Iznuts on Dec 3, 2019, 8:22:51 PM
Cool event.
We tested it extensively
Awesome idea the streams will be extra fun to listen to while playing and dying in yellow maps ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info