Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas - Awakener Kill Event

"
Xystre wrote:
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
Kundarin wrote:
Sorry, but I have to say this: This game contest is just stupid. Only the very best of the best in this game will be even able to participate in this, and should even CONSIDER trying it.

I look on myself am a decent and good player, but that they are asking here is just insane. But oh well, gl to those who even the slightest think you are near good enough.

yet another post from the i'm not willing to sacrifice other things in my life to be a top player group. yes it should ONLY be the best of the very best, you make time to be the best. you sacrifice other things to be the best.

sacrificing your health/job/social for some recognition from strangers on the internet isnt something to be proud of.

but I'm sure you're proud of using logout macro too I guess and have a pretty good answer (excuse) for it.

interesting. athletes at olympic games and other major events do exactly that: sacrifice their health/"real jobs in cubicle farms"/social life to become the best at what they're doing - for some recognition by random people and sponsorships. playing "e-sports" might not be as physically demanding as some triathlon, but it's a job like many others. and why does it even bother people? have nothing you're good at yourself? let them sit 30 hours in front of the computer for league first uber elder kill or whatever, who cares. it's not affecting you.
Like a dancing god once said...: hopefully some deaths!!! :D wahahahaaaa...
nice
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
"
kadamor wrote:
How about doing something for ordinary players? Not necessarily with prizes, just something interesting. Sorry, but your races is only interesting for 3.5 nerds.

When they don't have races, people complain. When they do have races, people complain. -_- Here's something for ordinary people - the entire f***king game! Enjoy the free endgame expansion, enjoy the free league, enjoy the free RIP videos and memes arising from this race, and for once stop thinking about what other people are able to get cos they're better than you.

Sincerely,
an ordinary player with nothing to gain from this race
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 3, 2019, 8:38:54 PM
I love this!
Tradeleague tears are extra salty !
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
kadamor wrote:
How about doing something for ordinary players? Not necessarily with prizes, just something interesting. Sorry, but your races is only interesting for 3.5 nerds.

When they don't have races, people complain. When they do have races, people complain. -_- Here's something for ordinary people - the entire f***king game! Enjoy the free endgame expansion, enjoy the free league, enjoy the free RIP videos and drama, and for once stop thinking about what other people are able to get cos they're better than you.

Sincerely,
an ordinary player with nothing to gain from this race

I didn't realize having a job playing video games makes that person better than someone that doesn't. To think this race will come down to skill and not a combination of luck and the amount of time a person can spend playing the game is laughable.
"
dachoppa wrote:

interesting. athletes at olympic games and other major events do exactly that: sacrifice their health/"real jobs in cubicle farms"/social life to become the best at what they're doing - for some recognition by random people and sponsorships. playing "e-sports" might not be as physically demanding as some triathlon, but it's a job like many others. and why does it even bother people? have nothing you're good at yourself? let them sit 30 hours in front of the computer for league first uber elder kill or whatever, who cares. it's not affecting you.

i sacrificed my hands, back, many thing building those "cubicle farms" but hanging off a building 20+ floors up landing steel beams was fucking glorious. just me and the sky and any god you might believe in up there, my life hanging on a harness. it was fucking freedom for me, made the job worth all the pain. it hurt, my body hurt and still does, but dammit those moments of being up there. its one of the things i miss.
I don't mind it being hc ssf only. Would be nice to see something for SC ssf. Maybe a giant weta pet?
wack
"
Iznuts wrote:
sacrificing goes for anything if you want to be top dog. the only way you get into the million dollar clubs for free is if you were born into it. interesting you jumped to the logout macro thing. i rarely play HC and i fucking hate that macro and wont use it.my best is merci malachion hc. i'm sure recognition for being a top player[i'm guessing you also included people from all sorts of things. nfl, tennis, f1 racing, etc] to a bunch of people on tv/internet is something to be proud of. [Removed by Support]

I'm sure you did sacrifice all of that, after all this is the internet.

Competitor? for what? it's always a choice to compete or not, as much you believe you don't have to prove anything to me I don't have anything to prove to anyone of your here.. of course I can be a multiple champion of whatever I can think of since this is the internet after all.

Anyone can be anything. It's funny because there's no actual counter argument from any of the "e-sports" crowd to the logout macro excuse, nothing concrete nothing that's actually moving away from the fact that "e-sports" in poe are nothing but a lie, maybe races might be different because they are happening live and recorded but events like this encourage this cheat behavior.. so much for your "competition".
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Dec 4, 2019, 6:31:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info