Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas - Awakener Kill Event

"
Woodcutta wrote:
I didn't realize having a job playing video games makes that person better than someone that doesn't. To think this race will come down to skill and not a combination of luck and the amount of time a person can spend playing the game is laughable.

You think any other sport is different? You think star footballers squeeze in time for tournaments in between spending the rest of their day in an office cubicle? No, they devote a LOT of time to both practice and competing. Competitive success is always about how much you can devote to the activity you're competing in. And almost every other field rewards these people more highly than this competition is, so why don't you go complain about them instead?

It's not like you don't have the opportunity to replicate their success - Twitch is an open platform, so if you want you can always try making a living through there and have all the time to dedicate to this game that you want. Oh, you have better things to do than play a stupid game all day for a living? Well congratulations, you've just revealed why you're not cut out to win. And why you've no business pouring scorn on those who are.
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
I don't mind it being hc ssf only. Would be nice to see something for SC ssf. Maybe a giant weta pet?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO dammit, i have enough wetas. fuck here i go, i "need" another weta for the farm. lol

but yes i agree. there should also be a run in ssfsc. its a different game and mindset there. different but he push is still quite serious. deaths can and will set you back. i think the time dely for a death was a great idea, if they could make it add the time to the exsisting death timer. so 1 minute for first, 2 for second, 3 for third death etc would really put a damper on say zerging kitava to get to easy white maps.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Woodcutta wrote:
I didn't realize having a job playing video games makes that person better than someone that doesn't. To think this race will come down to skill and not a combination of luck and the amount of time a person can spend playing the game is laughable.

You think any other sport is different? You think star footballers squeeze in time for tournaments in between spending the rest of their day in an office cubicle? No, they devote a LOT of time to both practice and competing. Competitive success is always about how much you can devote to the activity you're competing in. And almost every other field rewards these people more highly than this competition is, so why don't you go complain about them instead?

It's not like you don't have the opportunity to replicate their success - Twitch is an open platform, so if you want you can always try making a living through there and have all the time to dedicate to this game that you want. Oh, you have better things to do than play a stupid game all day for a living? Well congratulations, you've just revealed why you're not cut out to win. And why you've no business pouring scorn on those who are.

i like you. i agree. a lot of streamers pull 10+ hours a day to keep their bills paid. they know a day off can and will cost them. they dont like a game but it keeps their bills paid? hate the league? fuck gotta play it anyways, bills gotta be paid.
My internet connection is shit, so there goes that. Thanks for nothing.
Hmmm
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Woodcutta wrote:

What are you talking about? To even get to the point of becoming a star footballer you have to have won the genetic lottery. Also, being successful on Twitch is also like winning the lottery. You can outwork and actually be "better" than someone else and not be able to make a living at it. Who was I pouring scorn on? I quoted someone that suggested someone who played video games for a living is better than someone that doesn't.
I haven't played Hardcore for a very long time,not since back when I really sucked at the game... Now that I am marginally better than sucking there probably isn't any reason for me to bother with this.
Fairgraves 1:21 Naked came I out of the sea, and naked shall I return thither; GGG hath given, and GGG hath taken away
this looks cool, I may have to give it a try. time to play hardcore and ssf both for the first time. lol
love the idea, but hardcore ?
I dont know, logout macros, deaths due to packetloss / dc / bugs / the crappy delve ai, random unexplainable hard hits for no reason, intervention stutter, i could go on but you get my idea..

SSF would be challengin enough tbh, every league the ssf hc race is a game of " who will get random punished by a lagg / dc / bug ", and in this event, the ones with the unhealthiest lifestyle will raise, because they will just make a new one, and stay for another 4 hours awake pushing the story one more time.

gl to all who seriously want to try this, but i would not recommend it if you are a smoker, a stoner, or an alcoholi, and dont fill yourself up with shitty food and redbull. we talking 18 hours + of playing every day for the first week or two, most of the tryhards will probably go for 40-48 hours straight, which already is like toxine for your body.

E: Don't get me wrong, i know Ziz is trying to and loves the idea of PoE being competetive, and i do love the racing scene i went from being a 10 hours for the story casual to under 5 hours, but sleeping for 12 hours out of 7 days is not something i would encourage people to do.
Last edited by Kane1992 on Dec 3, 2019, 10:02:38 PM
Reading comments is way more entertaining than playing the actual game. Hmm...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info