Changes to the Purposeful Harbinger Notable Passive

"
Serdoa wrote:

Now, of course that's the real discussion: Was it bad for the game? Looking as neutrally at it as possible I'd say yes. The issue is not that it is strong, the issue is not that is potentially breaking the economy, the issue is that it is the only right choice for any circumstance. By a mile. It doesn't matter which skill, it doesn't matter what content - herald-stacking was always right. And that is long-term hurting the game.

Summoner league was fine, cyclone league was fine, winter orb league was fine, tornado shot MF leagues were fine, multiple vaal spark/fireball/power siphon leagues were fine. But heralds. Nah can't have that it crosses the line.
As always, if something is not working as intended, it should be altered. I appreciate that these changes are made as soon as the solution is discovered, however long has passed since the beginning of the league.
The point here is not about changing a mechanic considered has "abusive".
The real point is about Bex saying that he will not fix it AND THEN retract after peoples spend exalted and exalted in this !

GGG... You lost a lot of credibility here... Next time thinks before posting something and weight the consequence before pressing "submit"!
"
fedajkin wrote:
"
Serdoa wrote:

Now, of course that's the real discussion: Was it bad for the game? Looking as neutrally at it as possible I'd say yes. The issue is not that it is strong, the issue is not that is potentially breaking the economy, the issue is that it is the only right choice for any circumstance. By a mile. It doesn't matter which skill, it doesn't matter what content - herald-stacking was always right. And that is long-term hurting the game.

Summoner league was fine, cyclone league was fine, winter orb league was fine, tornado shot MF leagues were fine, multiple vaal spark/fireball/power siphon leagues were fine. But heralds. Nah can't have that it crosses the line.

Herald league can still be a thing, if you want to actually buff the heralds themselves. this nerf is to stop unintended interactions.

Summoner league didn't mean adding all the possible summons to any build was the best way to build it,
Cyclone league was inefficient for ranged attack builds or spell builds to play as cyclone,
Winter orb league didn't do particularly well adding winter orb to any attack build.
Tornado shot can only be used with bows, so that just eliminates vast swathes of builds.
etc.

The person you replied to stated that heralds are the best way to play ANY build right now, and any content.
"
fedajkin wrote:
"
Serdoa wrote:

Herald league can still be a thing, if you want to actually buff the heralds themselves. this nerf is to stop unintended interactions.

Summoner league didn't mean adding all the possible summons to any build was the best way to build it,
Cyclone league was inefficient for ranged attack builds or spell builds to play as cyclone,
Winter orb league didn't do particularly well adding winter orb to any attack build.
Tornado shot can only be used with bows, so that just eliminates vast swathes of builds.
etc.

The person you replied to stated that heralds are the best way to play ANY build right now, and any content.
"
fedajkin wrote:
"
Serdoa wrote:

Surprisingly none of the things you mentioned turned the game into a walking simulator where you literally couldn't die because all your fucking stats hit the caps. I guess having a challenge in a game is for suckers, we should all pay out of our ass to have any threat removed so we can enjoy calm walks through the beautiful landscapes of PoE.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
"
akosierin wrote:
this league is suppose to be the best league by far and devs ruinined it within 3 weeks

best league so far?
getting exploded instantly as bombs spawn directly under you?
getting littered with bad to mediocre loot?
having to not pick anything up so you get more rewards and run to the end of the map, then backtrack to pick everything up?

does it seem like a "best" league? not to me.. sorry.

i spent over 100ex on my build, still got plenty left. will be continuing to have fun playing a build that doesn't break anything.
"
"
fedajkin wrote:
"
Serdoa wrote:

Surprisingly none of the things you mentioned turned the game into a walking simulator where you literally couldn't die because all your fucking stats hit the caps. I guess having a challenge in a game is for suckers, we should all pay out of our ass to have any threat removed so we can enjoy calm walks through the beautiful landscapes of PoE.

Ah yes, the summoner league was totally not a walking simulator where you just let your zombies and skellies smash everything around you while you just stand there and spin in place to trigger your offerings, god my memory must be rally bad.
It seems like the general grievances can be broken down into three groups:

1) People who are mad that GGG nerfed mid-league and went back on what they said
2) People who are mad that they lost all of their currency due to devaluation of items and now only have a non-viable character
3) Both.

Why don’t they:

1) Apologize for nerfing mid league and confirm whether they will or will not do so anymore
2) Make some vendor so players who lost their money can sell items back for what they were worth (or some more appropriate ratio)

Would that appease all parties involved? It certainly shifts the blame onto GGG for creating broken stuff and not fixing it before launch instead of punishing the players for trusting Bex.
"
Cajuntech wrote:
"
"
Cajuntech wrote:
So does this mean the guardian ascendancy "auras" will no longer be affected?

Yes. Only aura's granted from skills on the toolbar it seems.
Which is a shitty change to do mid league.
Sure, it's an unintended side effect, but should NOT be changed until end of the league, as too many invested heavily in both time and game currency to put builds together for this.

I agree. Wife found a fiend card (most currency we've had any league), read about this build, read it wasn't going to be nerfed, she power-leveled the character for me and spent everything on the character. Not even going to get a fragment of what was invested based on current trade prices.

I agree it was overpowered/broken and should have been fixed. I just wish it would not have been mentioned that it wasn't going to be fixed.

I'm done with the league, but GGG doesn't lose anything as I'm not currently spending money on the game and I don't lose anything as there are so many other games to play while waiting for POE 2.

I'm not specifically mentioning you, but I'm using your reply as a springboard.

I thought a POE community was mature enough to understand the concept of emergency. Yes, they said they will keep it that way, but by reading the post, it seems they found something that literally broke the game and have nothing to do with the power of the build or economy. We will probably get some kind of explanation or manifesto what happened.

On the topic of promising. Ya all acting like a real estate agent would tell you that "You will never want to leave this house" but then a fire starts and now you want to stay in the house because someone promised you that you will never leave a house. Some things are simply more important than others. Deal with it. I was promised to never get bald at 15, but lo behold, 15 hits and my head looked like a curling puck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info