Harvest Statistics: Challenges and Seeds

I'm working towards the portal effect, that is my objective right now.
I believe some challeges were way too RNG based - like the 5 essence, the delirium possessed boss. Sure, thera are ways to make it more likely to happen.
The winged scarab one were problematic too - needing to do all of it is way too much, isn't it? Maybe go like the unique map one, 10 out of 14.
My biggest problem is delirium implementation. i juice my maps, get a mirror, run like crazy and get only 9 shards (on a tier 16, awakening lvl 8 map). So, who the hell is the player you balance the shards drops around? Streamers?
300 shards with this rate were fine during delirium league. I belive we need a shard drop buff to compensate how rare it is for it do trigger at the first place. Or make them more commom/deterministic to appear.
As someone who got 36 challenges this league, only having done that twice before (Delirium, Synthesis), there were several factors:

1) I really wanted the portal
2) Harvest crafting kept me engaged in the endgame far longer than usual - meaning I earned 36 before I burned out

Honestly, the arc of the challenges just worked out really well this league - at around the time my interest was waning, I was close enough that finishing 36 challenges was both possible, and gave me something interesting to do for a few more days.
:D
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Stupid league with stupid garden with nothing new and fun for me. Delirium was best league ever cuz even farming the splinters was fun, what about doing my fav maps that fit the mech and Simulacrum on top of it.
From 40/40 challenges in Delirium im trying to push myself for the 24 here just cuz Cloak seem good but it all feels like im playing Standart.
Crafting...i like uniques and crafting ez budget gears isnt a problem, so not a fan of this OP crafting we see from top players who got the nerves to plan garden and seeds when PoE is about killing everyone and picking up stuff.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
Love you guys.
The truth is simple , more people rushed to 36 challenges to get the portal and quit after , cause the league itself is so empty , all content like getting scarbs for delve or delirium orbs for delirium or even blighted maps is much harder to get going this league , and harvest itself offers tooo little ,so u see people finding themselves hitting a wall very quickly where the grind is not worth the returns , so u see people spamming the challenges get them done and quit directly .

the challenges being easy or hard is irrelevant , most people will buy the challenge they cant do themselves , get a carry for few chaos ets ,

finally i have to add one thing , pushing players towards using more software and the need of more browsers to play this game is just very bad and will ruin the game hard in the near future , having to use an external trade site and also now for this league discord to buy and sell crafts , is forgive me a very poor design by ggg , and although the 0.0000001% of the hardcore players dnt mind that and have like 4 screens active at all time , the rest 99.99999 of player base find that so hard and so unnerving and is one of the reasons that made this league unplayable by many , people dnt want to have to use discord to sell crafts or seeds , etc .........

i hope ggg will read this and rectify things
Already 36/40 here. This is my first league going for 40/40.

Overall I've thoroughly enjoyed this league, it definitely feels more chill than other leagues.
I wouldn't call the challenges easier - I think they're in a good spot, though it was definitely easier to complete them.

The reason for that is the Harvest crafting system - I could focus on enjoying the game and completing challenges, while self-crafting my own endgame GG gear.
I didn't have to spend nearly as much time trying to snipe items or sorting junk look trying to raise enough money to buy decent gear.

Even if the Harvest crafting system as a whole doesn't make it to core, I hope that either some aspects of it do or the lessons learned during this league are used to improve the core crafting system.
Fully deterministic crafting is broken, but there's room for improvement... especially when it comes to certain affix combinations and Enchanting.
To my impression, this league sieved out casual players really hard. That's why, even though initial player dropoff was huge, I think that remaining players are going to play for much longer than usual, which sort of explains higher 36 challenges completion.

Personally I wouldn't have completed 36/40 if I wasn't enjoying an actual working crafting system so much. This thing really hooked me up, I played this league for much much longer than I planned initially.
The challenges were fair balanced, i had alot of free time and completed them earlier. Love the new harvest crafting, finally i can work to get my own itens.
And as always the hint, that the statistic is more meaningful, when you cut out the bot and scam army.

And again as always: Pure luck challenges are not fun. Like "kill essence monster with 5 mods in level 80+ area". The time I hit 40/40 I haven't even seen an uncorrupted essence monster with 4 mods. I had to buy it. This was very disappointing for me. In Delirium I was able the first time to everything alone (except of buying fragments, Div cards and such). That was very satisfying.

The challenge rewards are not my motivation to play. It is my goal to reach level the 40/40 in a reasonable amount of time.
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie
Last edited by juyevon on Jul 29, 2020, 12:28:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info