PoE's ultimate issue is the Beta never stopped

Beta versions of video games are the time for balance changes. PoE's beta was said to end when the full game was released back in Sept 2013 - 1.0; but to this very day there's STILL "balance" changes being made hence the cause for many issues. There's a serious disconnect with the developers realizing this concept. (Set trade issues aside for this thread if possible)

What happened vs What should have happened

Happened - Current state of PoE, continuous game "balance" changes and
overhauls.

- Game works against the player characters efforts despite working
within the set boundaries of what's presented.

- Players have to make / follow builds from a limited amount of
skills because the endgame is not viable due to lack of complete
freedom to use all available skill gems no matter how good a tree
setup is or how good / powerful the items equipped are.

- One shot kills no matter how much defense methods you use or how
much of it you have in any sense.

Should have - Game balance untouched from 1.0 onwards
- Hotfix tweaks for crashes
- New content added
- Temp leagues used to test new content without changing the rules
& functions of the current game's base rules.

- Player characters able to adjust to new gems and items being
added to new content.

- Players creating vast amounts of endgame viable builds utilizing
the hundreds of different skill gems available; causing players
to be creative showing off how old builds and new builds are in
the endgame.

- Defenses are endgame viable based on how much effort is added
to characters items, levels and skill tree point usage.

When playing any video game the rules and functions are supposed to be set and outlined, with adjustments on a as needed basis like crash repairs. That base is used when expansions come along. With PoE however it's ALWAYS continuing with no base.

Spoiler
Imagine creating a building structure and setting the concrete slab down for stability, which you can add on from the finished result. With PoE's method, there's no slab down, but a constant shifting of whatever lies underneath.

In short, PoE's root issues come from the developers refusing to leave the game alone instead of treating it like it's still in Beta mode. Game has become so warped and twisted now that it's unenjoyable by the majority of it's original and newer fanbase alike. By ignoring PoE's own forum in lieu of 3rd party ones; the players are alienated.

Often when companies realize it's too late and notice a decline of interest there's always a statement put out starting with "So we've listened to the people and decided to change...." It shouldn't have to get to such a point but 100% will in PoE. Most likely when the next big game in this genre or any other comes along, that players can enjoy and will have nearly unlimited replay value.

I rarely even bother to play PoE anymore, haven't for the past month and a half cause it's a constant fight against the issues within the game itself; then it's almost like talking to a child trying to get the developers to listen and understand. Only things to really do is grind for currency and try trading. Trying to do anything else without following a cookie cutter build is otherwise pointless in the endgame.

It's really sad how bad the game is at this point. If you manage to work hard getting your items, gems, character tree to all be in sync for endgame viability; GGG nerfs it, some players cry OP (overpowered) expecting all builds to simply be only good enough for regular mobs and up to T10 maps.

Hard truth of the matter is, with all things considered PoE 2 doesn't seem to be exciting or provide hope for long term playability. After the first week or so of it's release people will go back to whatever other games around; just playing PoE 2 simply out of curiosity to see and experience whatever may be new.
============================================================================

TLDR - GGG stop with the Beta treatment and allow players the freedom to thrive and have fun without punishing them for it. Set free PoE's true potential.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Last bumped on May 3, 2024, 7:56:30 PM
Every long-standing game has "continuous game "balance" changes and
overhauls". Would you say League of Legends is constantly in beta? Because there are constant balance changes. What about World of Warcraft? Same thing. And so on
and you are still here ...
Something tells me OP is mad about harvest lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I agree everything should have been balanced 8 years ago and nothing should have changed since then, would make for a fascinating game.
They went with that development model, and it seems to have worked out fine. Chris pocketed $80 mil. I'd say that "issue" you describe is pretty much its main feature.
The game is fundamentally difference from Diable 3

POE never end of beta (or it means the studio has shut down or move on to another title) so that they keep selling as a service and people will pay it forever as supporter pack, mtx and tab
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
It's both the best and worst thing about PoE.

It does feel like it's catching up with them, though.
Pst...hy OP, if you play any online game that has any sort of patching then you are playing a beta...been this way since game went online.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Something tells me OP is mad about harvest lol
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info