PoE's ultimate issue is the Beta never stopped

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Pst...hy OP, if you play any online game that has any sort of patching then you are playing a beta...been this way since game went online.

Star Wars MMO still have patch, but i doubt you call that game as beta. It is 10 year old and turn to F2P business mode game
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Something tells me OP is mad about harvest lol

Bingo!
"
Delamonica wrote:
and you are still here ...

This isn't a "I'm quitting" thread.

"
Krayken wrote:
"
Something tells me OP is mad about harvest lol

Bingo!

I'm completely out the loop about whatever is going on. I haven't played for a month and a half, even when I last played in Jan I didn't bother trying to grind for Harvest, had a friend imbue a few items though since he had extra crafting.

Idk what new nerfs took place but in any case it's relevant to this post due to constant changes that should have already been done and over with. Newer content already have their beta time before being part of the core game....temp leagues.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
your cons besides getting oneshot is the reason i play poe.
I love these changes it keeps the game intresting for me
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
Spoiler
Beta versions of video games are the time for balance changes. PoE's beta was said to end when the full game was released back in Sept 2013 - 1.0; but to this very day there's STILL "balance" changes being made hence the cause for many issues. There's a serious disconnect with the developers realizing this concept. (Set trade issues aside for this thread if possible)

What happened vs What should have happened

Happened - Current state of PoE, continuous game "balance" changes and
overhauls.

- Game works against the player characters efforts despite working
within the set boundaries of what's presented.

- Players have to make / follow builds from a limited amount of
skills because the endgame is not viable due to lack of complete
freedom to use all available skill gems no matter how good a tree
setup is or how good / powerful the items equipped are.

- One shot kills no matter how much defense methods you use or how
much of it you have in any sense.

Should have - Game balance untouched from 1.0 onwards
- Hotfix tweaks for crashes
- New content added
- Temp leagues used to test new content without changing the rules
& functions of the current game's base rules.

- Player characters able to adjust to new gems and items being
added to new content.

- Players creating vast amounts of endgame viable builds utilizing
the hundreds of different skill gems available; causing players
to be creative showing off how old builds and new builds are in
the endgame.

- Defenses are endgame viable based on how much effort is added
to characters items, levels and skill tree point usage.

When playing any video game the rules and functions are supposed to be set and outlined, with adjustments on a as needed basis like crash repairs. That base is used when expansions come along. With PoE however it's ALWAYS continuing with no base.

Spoiler
Imagine creating a building structure and setting the concrete slab down for stability, which you can add on from the finished result. With PoE's method, there's no slab down, but a constant shifting of whatever lies underneath.

In short, PoE's root issues come from the developers refusing to leave the game alone instead of treating it like it's still in Beta mode. Game has become so warped and twisted now that it's unenjoyable by the majority of it's original and newer fanbase alike. By ignoring PoE's own forum in lieu of 3rd party ones; the players are alienated.

Often when companies realize it's too late and notice a decline of interest there's always a statement put out starting with "So we've listened to the people and decided to change...." It shouldn't have to get to such a point but 100% will in PoE. Most likely when the next big game in this genre or any other comes along, that players can enjoy and will have nearly unlimited replay value.

I rarely even bother to play PoE anymore, haven't for the past month and a half cause it's a constant fight against the issues within the game itself; then it's almost like talking to a child trying to get the developers to listen and understand. Only things to really do is grind for currency and try trading. Trying to do anything else without following a cookie cutter build is otherwise pointless in the endgame.

It's really sad how bad the game is at this point. If you manage to work hard getting your items, gems, character tree to all be in sync for endgame viability; GGG nerfs it, some players cry OP (overpowered) expecting all builds to simply be only good enough for regular mobs and up to T10 maps.

Hard truth of the matter is, with all things considered PoE 2 doesn't seem to be exciting or provide hope for long term playability. After the first week or so of it's release people will go back to whatever other games around; just playing PoE 2 simply out of curiosity to see and experience whatever may be new.
============================================================================

TLDR - GGG stop with the Beta treatment and allow players the freedom to thrive and have fun without punishing them for it. Set free PoE's true potential.

Yeah Poe 4.0(POE2) is still the same base game with a fresh coat of paint, minus the not so unfamiliar skill gem changes.

The multi stage boss fights to keep players longer engaged even at very low levels is an indication that power creep is out of hand with lots of skills and will never get adressed till this game shuts down and there is a possibility to make an offline mod/severs sim combo like there are mods for D2 like Median or Path of Diablo.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
So basically you're looking for a game that is no longer supported by the developer. I think that summarizes the list of games that no longer receive balance updates or patches.

If you go buy a Nintendo and some games, you'll find what you're looking for.
"- Players have to make / follow builds from a limited amount of
setup is or how good / powerful the items equipped are."

So you're telling me a player, according to your own words, should be able to do the ENTIRE endgame NO MATTER how they built their tree, what items they're using?

Further proof of why nearly every player is kept out of any balance discussions. Yall have no clue.
"
neohongkong wrote:
The game is fundamentally difference from Diable 3

POE never end of beta (or it means the studio has shut down or move on to another title) so that they keep selling as a service and people will pay it forever as supporter pack, mtx and tab

See, this guy get's it. Now if GGG were to continue to sell supporter packs, MTX, tabs while continuing to do hotfix patches for glitches and crashes in addition to adding new content; THAT is the exact description of POE outside of this beta treatment.

All these "balance" changes should have been done and over with when 1.0 came out. If GGG had set cap limits, then there'd be no need for any adjustments to game balance.

"
Nubatron wrote:
So basically you're looking for a game that is no longer supported by the developer. I think that summarizes the list of games that no longer receive balance updates or patches.

If you go buy a Nintendo and some games, you'll find what you're looking for.

I didn't say GGG shouldn't continue to support PoE. I'm saying they can by continuing to make hotfixes only and adding new content. Use the temp leagues for the beta testing of new content with players (since GGG doesn't do it internally), otherwise what exactly would be the reason for constant new patches each time a league starts and it has NOTHING to do with standard?

Supporting the game and constantly changing it around, calling it "balance" are two completely different things.

"
Bleu42 wrote:
"- Players have to make / follow builds from a limited amount of
setup is or how good / powerful the items equipped are."

So you're telling me a player, according to your own words, should be able to do the ENTIRE endgame NO MATTER how they built their tree, what items they're using?

Further proof of why nearly every player is kept out of any balance discussions. Yall have no clue.

I didn't say that, by your statement should I make the same assumption that only 20 or so skills out of over 200 in the game should be endgame viable right? If you have your tree and items setup to match whatever skills your character is using while having offensive and defensive mods then it SHOULD work, but obviously it does not.

Balance discussions should not even be taking place if the game would STOP constantly changing it as if it's still in beta mode, hence the point of this entire thread. If GGG insists on making "balance" changes, then why not just set cap limits on the amount of damages can be done on monsters, cap limits on player stats and just call it a day.

I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:

Balance discussions should not even be taking place if the game would STOP constantly changing it as if it's still in beta mode, hence the point of this entire thread. If GGG insists on making "balance" changes, then why not just set cap limits on the number of damages that can be done on monsters, cap limits on player stats, and just call it a day.

Caps are the worst thing in a Poe-like game. They were only introduced on things where it was absolutely necessary to prevent immunity to dmg.

The point of the whole hundreds of skill gems with that web of a tree that there is no limit to your imagination. You want to stack shit because it is your idea of a build? Do it, only your imagination and available gear is the limit. Caps are the worst thing. They counter too clever ideas by rearranging positions or values in the skill tree. The amount of thought that has been put into that tree is unbelievable.

So, no caps, I'll take the everchanging beta instead, thanks. Also, stop pretending gems are not viable just because they are not the best possible combination out of thousands of puzzle pieces.
Last edited by R3b00t on Mar 22, 2021, 11:45:33 AM
"
R3b00t wrote:
Also, stop pretending gems are not viable just because they are not the best possible combination out of thousands of puzzle pieces.

Come on, please?

Sure, you can beat most content with a Vigilant Strike character. Does that make Vigilant Strike a 'viable' choice/option? No, it does not. It's like entering the F1 track with your VW Polo; sure, you can finish the race and make all the turns, but is it a 'valid' option? A 'viable' option? Would you choose the Polo if you really wanted to experience what the track has to offer?

Well, depends on your definition of 'viable', I guess.

On topic: OP is miles off here. PoE wouldn't be where it is today, without progressing. Call it a 'neverending beta' if you like, but META-shifts, new mechanics and steady addition of content are reasons why people still keep coming back, league after league.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Mar 22, 2021, 11:57:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info