PoE's ultimate issue is the Beta never stopped

20600 ES with 10k regeneration (not recharge) on Standard

i dont know what getting one shotted feels like

i do know how it feels to afk in boss fight thou

dodging? moveing? getting good at this game?

Its a Gear-build-fun game

Playing glass cannon and thinking you are godlike gamer skillzz?

not for me, im old and slow , i dont care about being good at dodging with fast reflexes, becose even if i try, i will suck.

Game can be played how ever you like . i dont understand when ever people hear about how tanky my build is, they just say on Global chat "Oh so you suck at poe, i can do anyhitng with 3k life"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The fact that people publish their successful builds and people copy them is why you're getting the idea that only those builds could be successful.

This is mind-numbingly wrong. How can you possibly have convinced yourself you know more about that guy's thought process then he does?

smh

making your build requires so many exalts that only a few people can try - everyone in Poe is hampered by the lack of tools to theory craft builds, so you either quit or copy a fleshed-out build

Your take is just absurd, and patently wrong
I see the beta still continues.......... :=\ Thought I'd check the forums first before updating and maybe hop on. Meh
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
I see the beta still continues..

Beta is perfectly okay if you ask me, with short development cycles and all that clutter of items/skills/mechanics etc.
What is kinda not okay is these alpha "spikes" at the next league-to-be launch, which can take up to several weeks to go back to the more or less stable beta.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
OP issue is disconnected with reality in this case. This game isn't P2P or anything like that. It doesn't have a definitive end of life cycle date. Actually, in Chris words, this game is designed to be played forever.

In nowadays terms it would be something similar of a GaaS. Where the first version of the game is just the OK version for launch, and constant content updates is what keeps its player base.

With that in mind, by the nature of ARPG, there will be new balance changes as new contents are added. No QA in the world can predict precisely how your previous balance will actually work when played by thousands of different people.

What I actually think is that, while GGG is really good at recycling content,they should accept that some temp league mechanics shouldn't be in the core game and remove it entirely, as it was in the early days.

Concurrent content just bloats the game, without adding anything meaningful. Overpowered content can permanently damage the game in the long run.

Harvest situation is one of these cases. In a community used to make its own tools to make the game work, adding a thing that given enough people using it at the same time will make any other crafting and item optimization system feel useless was a bad choice.

Now, we have a huge part of the player base that don't believe in the "smash exalt" feeling (which was supposed to drive the currency system but actually never happened) wanting harvest and to counterbalance that, they will probably need to buff every item system in the game or, turn down general difficulty.
When you hate oneshots perhaps take a look at the Agonyca Arachnophobia Allstars.

3.14 Endgame: The Agonyca Arachnophobia Allstars - 8 mill dmg, 9000+ ES, top 140000 Armour, 90% pdr, 2800 ES on max block CI

Agony and Arakaali
Managuardian
max layers of defences

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705

/ The head is bald but their neck is longer -
the allstars need two minotauriers
to scratch & relax
their very long necks /
Last edited by Chromino on Jun 16, 2021, 8:10:13 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
R3b00t wrote:
Well, no offense, but every time somebody says a lot of skills are endgame viable, there is always somebody coming out with "but conversion trap! But Vigilant Strike! " (There is HC viable Vigilant Strike build steelmage did, just saying. I think it has some Replica Quetcholi or smth ^^)

There is no way in the universe to balance every combination of skills, class, tree, and gear to be the same. Your comparison is not a good one, btw. If you go to a race, you build the fastest machine possible and not some interesting funny concept whining next to the racetrack that it is unfair because your car isn't as fast as the winners. You want to be competitive? Take a competitive build. You want to play the game, do maps and endgame bosses? Build one of thousand possible combinations. Yes, the definition of viable is kinda "vague". But your idea of every combination being equal is pure fantasy.

No offense taken. But no offense, everytime someone cries out about "less viable builds", there's always one guy that has to reference a streamer, playing 8+ hours a day, and been playing the game for 10 years.

"
R3b00t wrote:
But your idea of every combination being equal is pure fantasy.

Now, on the other hand, I do take offense, because now you just put a whole lot of words in my mouth - and that is very rude. I never used the word "equal" once, and I agree with you that perfect equilibrium is - and will always be impossible in PoE's environment.

Does that mean they should stop closing the gaps? We all know Blade Vortex is ("exactly") 341 times better than Double Strike - and has been since it got added to the game. Should they make them equal? No, because that is impossible. But why not decrease the gap to, lets say, 300? 250? 200?

It's not about making stuff equal, it's all about decreasing the gaps to a point where you don't feel like you're severely putting a handicap on yourself by choosing a certain skill.

If the gaps were a little bit smaller, you don't have to reference this "one guy" that did this "one build" - "once".

Do you ACTUALLY feel that Strike Skills - as a whole - are in a good enough place? If yes, I think you are very wrong. If no, then why debate/defend the situation?

played bv this league and it felt like crap. switched to ek and i was finally able to kill some bosses and stuff...

was looking at double strike and its pretty good dps. mby some cleave and swap gems for bossing. id better start new league with double strike and fail, than ever again play bv... srsly what kind of crap is this? - it sucks for mapping, it sucks for bossing and it suck monkey balls overall!

i also switched to poison bf/bb since it was a marginal change, just some gem swaps i think and it was super dope. big bosses like conquerors and such were dying in less than a second. how can one skill be so good and other be so bad? - it seems like a bad design to me. i just want to pick a skill that looks cool to me and stuff and enjoy it, not invest tons of currency and time just to make it work... when there is another skill that does the job ten times better with no investment.
Seeing how they post manifestos and balance changes previous to the start of new leagues, the only balance they are interested in, is the one affecting them.

They don't really care what your character in standard can or can't do, or could but can't do anymore due to "balance changes".

In that sense, I feel like they relegated stability to provide the sensation of playing a "new" game every 3 months.
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
I see the beta still continues.......... :=\ Thought I'd check the forums first before updating and maybe hop on. Meh

I think Heist was almost in Alpha state in some aspects like missing mechanics and content.

You still remember the not working reward rooms in Grand heist (Labs and derivates) for like 2 weeks in or the not dropping Twins encounter because they still worked on it?
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
Bolander wrote:
OP issue is disconnected with reality in this case. This game isn't P2P or anything like that. It doesn't have a definitive end of life cycle date. Actually, in Chris words, this game is designed to be played forever.

In nowadays terms it would be something similar of a GaaS. Where the first version of the game is just the OK version for launch, and constant content updates is what keeps its player base.

With that in mind, by the nature of ARPG, there will be new balance changes as new contents are added. No QA in the world can predict precisely how your previous balance will actually work when played by thousands of different people.

What I actually think is that, while GGG is really good at recycling content,they should accept that some temp league mechanics shouldn't be in the core game and remove it entirely, as it was in the early days.

Concurrent content just bloats the game, without adding anything meaningful. Overpowered content can permanently damage the game in the long run.

Harvest situation is one of these cases. In a community used to make its own tools to make the game work, adding a thing that given enough people using it at the same time will make any other crafting and item optimization system feel useless was a bad choice.

Now, we have a huge part of the player base that don't believe in the "smash exalt" feeling (which was supposed to drive the currency system but actually never happened) wanting harvest and to counterbalance that, they will probably need to buff every item system in the game or, turn down general difficulty.

P2P isn't my issue and wasn't mentioned, seeing as the game is free to play. If you mean P2W - Pay 2 Win however, my stance on that is that stash tabs can go a long way to winning due to constantly needing to trade, but it's not absolutely necessary due to players proving that point wrong with every new league. I rarely play new leagues unless it seems worth it to me, but to ignore how far players progress and thrive each league and say it's P2W would be just ignorant on my part.

How would you describe a video game having a life cycle? Plenty of games are still being played today from 20 and 30 years ago. The way PoE is designed it very much HAS the potential to be popular forever and maintain a stable number of players daily; however with many of GGG's strange choices and direction they're taking the game it's looking like it's on borrowed time. All it takes is for the "next" big game in this ARPG type to come along and many players are simply leaving. (No, I'm not talking about D4 or anything from Blizzard for that matter). Another independent game company can come up from nowhere with a great game the same way GGG did.

Balance changes and such are usually made and done during the testing stages aka BETA. We're long past the official beta stages, yet the game continues to change the rules. It's cool to have new content and patch fixes for glitches and crashes, but it's not cool to have constant nerfs and changes to the game. It only proves that it's no true stability. Temp leagues are obviously the beta times for new content, problem is when it gets nerfed and changed after it already goes core, after the temp league period.

Again, when games are released it's usually with the full product, as it is with no changes or tweaks. That's what in house product testing is for. Even as much as I hate the idea of DLC (downloadable content) like most console games currently do with additional chars; even those DONT change the base rules of the game.

DLC - adds chars or content that should have already been in the game; but does not change the rules. Worse thing about DLC is that it makes the buyers feel cheated as if they bought an incomplete game that was sold on purpose.

POE - adds content freshly made over time and fixes some glitch and crash instances; but also changes the rules as it goes along, before, during and after new content. Players often feel cheated with a cycle that destroys their builds or scales back their progress potential after spending time learning the rules and mechanics.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info