Game Mechanics Q&A

What are the trigger rules for Spellslinger? They do not seem to respect the default trigger order regarding gear slot and socket position.
So I just had the boss from Caer Blaidd drop me both a tier 4 dunes and a tier 11 dunes map and I'm starting to think there might be something wrong with your map drop algorithm.
IGN : Reamus
The interaction of Damage over times from different sources.

Example: I'm a bow user that applies Bleed, and I use a totem that also applies bleed. Can a target have two bleeds on them in this case?

Example 2: I'm playing with a friend and we both are using Essence Drain. Can we both apply the DoT?

This one is about a previous change. When curses were separated into Hexes and Marks. Was the intent to force people to self cast marks, as the options for applying them have been limited severely. I know kind of a game design question, but it REALLY put a hamper on low budget Flicker options no longer being able to blasphemy support Poacher's Mark.

Multi-player, how does it effect XP gains, if at all? We know it increases mob HP, does it also effect mob damage?

Drop quality %, does it effect the rolls/mods on items? Are items more likely to drop with good mods on them with High quality % or does it just effect the rarity (magic VS rare VS unique)

Recent change to "low life" does this apply to mobs too? AKA if a mob is at 49% of max life are they considered "low life" for purposes of modifiers/passives that apply when the target is low life?

Takes increased Physical damage, and Overwhelm physical damage reduction. How do they interact?

How does armour work? Is it some sort of subtraction?

Example: The raw damage on an incoming hit is 10,000. You have 5,000 Armour, and are the same level as the mob. is it 10,000 - 5,000 = 5,000 taken.

On the subject of damage received. Does level difference matter? Say I'm level 80 and fighting level 68 mobs. Do they hit for less at the same armour value?

Just like evasion 5,000 Evasion at level 30 is like 60% chance to evade, but at level 80 it's like 15%. Is that assuming mobs are your level but if you're fighting level 30's (for some stupid reason) you actually have the 60% still? Or is evade chance simplely effected by your level not the targets?

This is already a lot of questions so I think I'll stop here cause I'm sure I could keep asking stuff if I think about it long enough. lol
Does "Life Recovery Rate" only affect methods that recover life over time, such as life regeneration, and not ones that recover life instantly, like Escalation? Does increased life recovery rate also increase the amount of life recovered by such instant means of recovery?
How does finding/Unlocking hidden hideout work is there any requirements or restrictions that apply to finding the hideouts?? and/or what is the best way to find/unlock them?

Question 2

could we see a option to link your console account to your PC account so in my case i have a lot of MTX on my console account but the experience is getting terrible to the point i don't want to play it anymore because of texture streaming, invisible monsters getting once shot because the game thinks your stood still, rubber banding and lag backs, so i want to move over to my gaming PC but i dont want to lose all my MTX thats one of the reasons iv not moved to PC yet, could we see this feature in the future and if its already a feature could you point out how to do it even if its a port over 1 time

Question 3

Do you look at trade and the current market and pricing and think its fair on new players wanting to learn the game but not knowing what to do or how to target farm, and with youre current "nerf" of Harvest making crafting even harder to craft, do you think this was a smart move to put off new players off joining the game and trying to learn as there getting prayed on and taken advantage when it comes to trying to get good end game gear for there characters??
Last edited by WarhawkOfficial on May 7, 2021, 3:51:19 PM
I'm not a GGG guy, I just have too much free time.
"
Some questions about orb of storms:
-How does Anomalous Orb of Storm's "Beams Split towards 0.1 additional targets" work? Is this similar to fork or does this mean the orb can target additional enemies?

The Anomalous Quality is added to the split targets stat already found on the gem. It means that at Level 20, Anomalous Quality 20, the bolt will split towards 5 additional targets. This split behaves just like any other split (for example from Sniper's Mark), meaning one bolt will target an enemy and from that enemy there will be 5 projectiles splitting towards nearby enemies.

"

-Regarding the internal cooldown for the secondary proc of orb of storms when casting a lightning skill: what is the cooldown when using channeling skills? Also, does it proc 1:1 even when casting something like Tempest Shield or is there an inherent internal cooldown for the secondary proc?

Orb of Storms requires "using" a Lightning Skill while inside the AoE, so only one Bolt will be fired when using a Channeling Skill inside it. One "use" can be thought of as one "button press", subsequent damage ticks and mana expenditures of a channeling skill does not count as "using" the skill. Similarly, triggered skills do not fire bolts either. I do not think it has a cooldown, after all you are limited by how fast you can cast additional lightning skills to proc the bolts.

"
7x7x wrote:
Couldn't find an official source for damage taken recouped -
Do damage taken recouped stack?
- Do multiple sources of dmg recoup stack?

Yes.

"
7x7x wrote:

- Do they stack like leech instances where each hit taken is calculated separately

Multiple instances stack entirely independently. They have nothing to do with leech and are not removed when the resource is full.

"
7x7x wrote:

- Are these considered as recoup? (Graven's secret, Doppelgänger Guise, Jugg's Unbreakable)

Graven's Secret: Yes, if you mean the recoup granted by Absorption Charges.
Doppelgänger Guise: No, this is not recoup and it also does not stack from what I know.
Jugg's Unbreakable: No, this is not recoup either.

"
kTwn wrote:
The interaction of Damage over times from different sources.

Example: I'm a bow user that applies Bleed, and I use a totem that also applies bleed. Can a target have two bleeds on them in this case?

It has two bleeds, but only the highest instance will deal damage at any point (assuming you do not have Crimson Dance).
"
kTwn wrote:

Example 2: I'm playing with a friend and we both are using Essence Drain. Can we both apply the DoT?

I think you both apply it, but only the highest instance deals damage.

"
kTwn wrote:

Multi-player, how does it effect XP gains, if at all? We know it increases mob HP, does it also effect mob damage?

If you are at the same level, you will both get the same experience as if you were solo and had killed the monster alone. If there is a level discrepancy, I recommend you look at this complicated formula here: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Experience#Party_play

Monsters should not gain modifiers other than the ones displayed on the left during party play.

"
kTwn wrote:

Drop quality %, does it effect the rolls/mods on items? Are items more likely to drop with good mods on them with High quality % or does it just effect the rarity (magic VS rare VS unique)

Increased Rarity of Items does not affect mods, rolls - anything other than the actual rarity of the item dropped (Normal, Magic, Rare or Unique). It has no effect on items without rarity (Currency, for example).

"
kTwn wrote:

Recent change to "low life" does this apply to mobs too? AKA if a mob is at 49% of max life are they considered "low life" for purposes of modifiers/passives that apply when the target is low life?

Yes.

"
kTwn wrote:

Takes increased Physical damage, and Overwhelm physical damage reduction. How do they interact?

Overwhelm interacts with the enemy Physical Damage Reduction, let's say the enemy has some amount of armor that causes them to have 30% physical damage reduction against your hit. With 30% Overwhelm, you now ignore that physical damage reduction, but remember that this can't go negative. 40% Overwhelm does not put them into "negative" physical damage reduction, no such stat exists.

Increased Physical Damage Taken just increases the physical damage the enemy takes. If you curse an enemy with level 1 Vulnerability (30%), that means that they will take 30% increased physical damage. If they had 30% Physical Damage Reduction, you could think of those two modifiers being multiplicative without any Overwhelm, so they would take 91% of the original damage (1*0.7*1.3).

"
kTwn wrote:

How does armour work? Is it some sort of subtraction?

There's a very complicated calculation, here you can find more:https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Armour#Mechanics

"
kTwn wrote:

On the subject of damage received. Does level difference matter? Say I'm level 80 and fighting level 68 mobs. Do they hit for less at the same armour value?

No, there is no level-based multiplier.

"
kTwn wrote:

Just like evasion 5,000 Evasion at level 30 is like 60% chance to evade, but at level 80 it's like 15%. Is that assuming mobs are your level but if you're fighting level 30's (for some stupid reason) you actually have the 60% still? Or is evade chance simplely effected by your level not the targets?

Don't trust the character sheet on evasion and armour. It lies. I'm not quite sure what it assumes, it might assume enemies at your level, but I doubt it. Don't trust it, especially on Armour values because Armour actually depends on the amount of damage an enemy hit does. Your evade chance is calculated from your Evasion and the enemy Accuracy Rating. Here you can see the equation: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Evasion#Mechanics

Beyond higher enemies just having higher stats, level plays no role in either formula.

"
space_dragoon wrote:
Does Warcry buff effect affect only the buff with a given duration, or does it also scale the effect of warcries on exerted attacks (eg, the more dmg multiplier on seismic). I have a feeling it doesn't, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

The warcry buff and the effect on exerted attacks are two different things, Warcry Buff Effect only affects the former.

"
falfool wrote:
Does "Life Recovery Rate" only affect methods that recover life over time, such as life regeneration, and not ones that recover life instantly, like Escalation? Does increased life recovery rate also increase the amount of life recovered by such instant means of recovery?

It only affects those effects that Recover Life over time. I don't think there is a way to increase the amount of life recovered by things like Escalation and Life gain on Hit.
Last edited by yusayu on May 7, 2021, 4:13:42 PM
Whats the interaction between me playing the game and getting every currency dropped?
1. Is melee Elemental Hit area damage part affected by Blood and Sand?
2. What bosses are not affected by awakening level? By bosses i mean: breachlords, katarina, conquerors, guardians, atziri, maven, shaper, elder, etc.
3. When adding a random mod to an item is it 50/50 to choose prefix/suffix and then roll a mod by weighting? Or it's only weightings?
4. Does Divine Flesh keystone affect damage over time?
5. Why Multistrike support rolls crit (and similar effects) per multistrike and not per hit? Same with ball lightning.
6. What is the drop chance of awakening orb?
Berserker's Defy Pain: How does this work?
The 10-stack damage is reduced by armour and phys reduction (ie endurance charges), but is it reduced by Reduced Reflect Damage Taken modifiers? (Ex Hunter Rings or Risk Assessment on the tree)
And are there ways to INCREASE the damage it deals?
I know all guard skills share a cooldown, but can this cooldown be overridden by triggers like cast when damage taken?

For Example:

I use Steelskin on mouse1 to have it up often while walking around.
The duration ends and it starts its cooldown.
I'm dumb so I walk into a big AoE 1-shot.
CWDT activates because I took enough damage (CWDT is linked to Immortal call).
Would Immortal Call save me? Or never activate?

I would assume it wouldn't activate since it is on cooldown (shared with steelskin) but wasn't sure since it was in the CWDT Trigger setup.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info