Game Mechanics Q&A

What was the idea behind allowing certain synthesized implicits for defence mods apply to the local item with zero effect? ie. % increased armour showing up on sorcerer gloves? I know that Mana prefix can't be rolled on non-intelligence based gloves, so why allow armour to be rolled on non-strength gloves? I have a 4x T1 sorc gloves and slammed harvest craft for implicit and now I have a dead mod and it is extremely cringy. Why can't the mod apply globally instead of locally?
Last edited by realmoney on May 8, 2021, 11:34:09 AM
How many uniques are still not publicly known and locked behind unknown game mechanics?
If I have the Painforged Ascendancy from Gladiator which gives "Your Counterattacks deal Double Damage" and I stack "x% chance to deal Double Damage" from gear and the tree, do I have a chance to deal 4x damage, or does the additional chance get wasted? I know that having more than 100% chance doesn't do anything, but does it work differently with Painforged?
From a game balance perspective why does almost every defensive layer have to be in the toilet? Especially considering the recent league mechanics that demand you fight several rare/unique enemies at once in a confined area
Do Catalysts affect the chances of you Annulling a specific modifier?

For example, if you have a Triple Resistance belt and slam it with Prismatic Catalysts up to 20%... do you have a slight better chance of Annulling say, Armor or Energy Shield?
"
Vedgy wrote:
"
Seikojin wrote:
What is the interaction with Ball Lightning and Anomalous Faster Projectile? Is the ball not counting as a projectile? Currently the Balls do not return.

Return can only happen after all other projectile behavior has completed (which is why it says "from final target"). Ball lightning has infinite pierce. Since it's never done piercing, it can never return. You can disable pierce by using Snakepit for example and you should see ball lightning come back after hitting one enemy.

Interesting. So I went and got the goodies and filmed it. I know it is difficult to see at that pace, however none of the ball lightnings return. Even at 57% chance a map should not go without one rebound. And plenty of enemies lasted more than one bolt.

https://youtu.be/avgba_KhcSY
Last edited by Seikojin on May 8, 2021, 1:51:28 PM
Why is the main focus not, that everyone should be able to play our game?
I dont need an answer.
Can you PLEASE add dps calculations for minions. Even with POB Community there is not support for things like Rotting Legion chest zombie effects or Saqawal's Nest Aspect of the Avian effect on nearby allies.

There is currently no reasonable way to actually evaluate dps for different build variations.
"
Esquire13 wrote:
Can you PLEASE add dps calculations for minions. Even with POB Community there is not support for things like Rotting Legion chest zombie effects or Saqawal's Nest Aspect of the Avian effect on nearby allies.

There is currently no reasonable way to actually evaluate dps for different build variations.

The newer PoB allows you to add any skill to total dps. And you can set numbers of actions certain skills can perform in a second. Does that not work?
DoTs are often said to update dynamically, but a recent post by Mark denied this for Vortex, so I'd love clarification.

Is the damage of existing DoTs like Essence Drain or poison updated when your stats change? What about non-DoT skills with a duration like Bladestorm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info