Game Mechanics Q&A

Why the Crushed debuff from the unique belt does not have debuff status icon in-game?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
most of what i ever wanted changed in the game is currently being worked on in poe 2.

would just like that trading system to be in game and items to have descriptions that every new player introduced to poe can understand.
lesser reasons to alt-tab would make the game look and feel better for new players... and me :)
Last edited by BlackPulsar on May 8, 2021, 3:13:52 PM
Question concerning accessibility of game content.

First of all, thanks for the game. i enjoed it a lot. I enjoyed it so much that i spent a lot of time playing it in past leagues.
With my excessive playtime, i could play the content of the game. I felt that with that amount of time invested, i deserved to get good gear and be able to play all the content.

In the new league (ultimatum) however, this changed. The league mechanic favours very specific builds (dodge/block), map drop rate is significantly lower and the availability of good items has decreased. The consequence is, that the game content will be hidden/too hard for most players. Crafting is not a thing anymore because crafting currency is priced higher and harvest crafting is not viable anymore for most players. Using high end currency is too risky for the average player bc the item cant be fixed afterwards.

Q1: Is it intended to develop the game more towards a "professional elite community" ?

Q2: Is it intended to force a specific meta due to the new league mechanic?

Q3: Are there any plans on balancing the skills? A casual player who levels with the "wrong" skill" cant make the build work in the current league.

I guess the issues can be adressed in multiple ways: Abundance of crafting currency (like in Heist league), possibilities to play it relatively safe with high end currency (like in Harvest league or ritual league), balancing of skills (yet to come).

Will you continue to drive down intelligent builds which didn't depend on 100-100th of hours of senseless one way area farming, to be able to deal with some of the high end content and keep punishing people which are determined to play intelligent over braindead grinding to get enough money to maybe get the right items for a build to deal with standard content as much as a A8 sirus? Never before it was so obvious that any build which required near to no investement got so much nerfed as in ultimatum. And if you keep going this route will there be some kind of improvement to the lootsystem and drops? Or will it keep being completely random or even better streamer related?
"
Ansengrinth wrote:

First of all, thanks for the game. i enjoed it a lot. I enjoyed it so much that i spent a lot of time playing it in past leagues.
With my excessive playtime, i could play the content of the game. I felt that with that amount of time invested, i deserved to get good gear and be able to play all the content.

In the new league (ultimatum) however, this changed. The league mechanic favours very specific builds (dodge/block), map drop rate is significantly lower and the availability of good items has decreased. The consequence is, that the game content will be hidden/too hard for most players. Crafting is not a thing anymore because crafting currency is priced higher and harvest crafting is not viable anymore for most players. Using high end currency is too risky for the average player bc the item cant be fixed afterwards.

Q1: Is it intended to develop the game more towards a "professional elite community" ?

Q3: Are there any plans on balancing the skills? A casual player who levels with the "wrong" skill" cant make the build work in the current league.

I guess the issues can be adressed in multiple ways: Abundance of crafting currency (like in Heist league), possibilities to play it relatively safe with high end currency (like in Harvest league or ritual league), balancing of skills (yet to come).

+1
"
Ansengrinth wrote:

i read the first line of words typed harvest in the browser word search to see if this gets to that and there it was :)))
you people never stop
Last edited by BlackPulsar on May 8, 2021, 3:12:58 PM
The juggernaut node Unbreakable says 1.5% of Total Physical Damage prevented from Hits in the past 10 seconds is Regenerated as Life per second. Petrified Blood *prevents* a certain % of life loss below half life. Does physical damage *prevented* via Petrified Blood count towards towards the regeneration from Unbreakable?
Does having increased item rarity on my gear increase my chances of dropping an Angler's Plait (assuming I meet the other preconditions for it to drop)?
Last edited by tooms79 on May 8, 2021, 3:45:36 PM
Could pets be used? example: gathering scrolls of wisdom and portals.
Could the Brazilian server be given more stability?
Are you going to improve the optimization for less powerful computers?
Why is harvest so bad now, serious question btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info