Game Mechanics Q&A

Is it possible for Frostblink to hit the same monster multiple times at the start and end if you're close enough to a wall?

Why does Vaal Cyclone roll a single crit roll for all attacks, while Cyclone rolls a roll per hit?
Last edited by Kapps on May 9, 2021, 7:07:35 PM
Why atziri's rule COC don t work so we can cosplay as Abaxoth?
Last edited by CapetanGamaw on May 9, 2021, 9:10:39 PM
"
Samwiseru wrote:
Concerning Petrified Blood:
I'm assuming the "life loss prevented this way is lost over 4 seconds" is applied as the last step?
So if I take damage, and I have "%phys taken as X", this is applied before Petrified Blood does its thing? So the life loss that is applied over 4 seconds, would then be part phys, part X?

Can you confirm that the part that is applied over time does not interact with mitigation, prevention, avoidance, etc in any way? (In the sense that mitigation was already applied to it, before a part of the damage was prevented.)

So I take 300 chaos damage as a hit, and then 160 dmg over 4 sec.
Nowhere along the line does my "+25% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time" apply to this correct?

You are spot on with all of this. As far as I am aware, the life loss from Petrified blood has no damage type, and is not actually damage at all. It does not interact with any damage modifiers because they would have already been applied to the initial hit.

Source for part of this: https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mcqir3/314_league_info_megathread/gtvsb4q/

There's quite a few responses from Mark regarding Petrified blood in the above thread, if you were interested.
Should Petrified Blood's delayed damage over time effect stop energy shield/life recharge? I just tried out Eternal Youth with Petrified Blood and very clearly saw the life recharge activate while my life bar was still "coagulated"
If I steal (with Inspired Learning) the buff that gives Grasping Vines on being hit, self damage now slows my own character down. Is this intended or a bug? I am not my own enemy after all.
Life is soup, I am fork.
For ensnaring arrow, if i get some global mod of pierce, fork, chain, does it mess up for single target of closest target when it used with ballista totem when i gonna do multiboss fight or it even mess usual boss single target without any additional enemies?

Can you please clarify if item quantity found in MF characters actually affects divination cards?
Mechanical Question about Will Shaper Notable "Gain 5% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield"

I have noticed something by chance: I am at 2169 Maximum Mana with a base of 1538 and 41% increased maximum Mana.
I would expect Will shaper to grant 2169*0,05=108,45 ->108 Maximum Energy shield but instead it grants 1538*0,05= 76,9 -> 76 Maximum Energy Shield.

I noticed this when comparing Energy from Naught to Will Shaper. Now for my Question:

Why does Will Shaper not care about the Increased Maximum Mana like other "gain as extra" mechanics like "Gain 5% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage" do? Is this intended and if so why?

Edit: I think I figured it out myself:
I was thinking the gain as extra maximum energy shield would work like this.
Base Mana*inc Mana= Extra base ES ; Extra Base ES*inc ES= actual ES
When in reality it works like this
Base Mana*(inc Mana+Inc ES)= actual ES
Last edited by SDGPainTrain on May 10, 2021, 3:16:12 AM
Why mobs in ultimatum trial are not preloaded ? all spawn at the same time make a big lag and i died ! now i just skip thoses trials !
Can you give me 500 free points?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info